[MM7] Top 15 favorite spells

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 14 Aug 2013, 08:11

Wait...people actually use Raise Dead? I thought that is what preservation was for.
Indeed. However i tried to put useful spells also for strange situations. You can sometimes be killed in one hit or due to a special effect. (i remember in MM6 that some fountains can give you an instant death. I don't remember enough for the 7)
Also as Tolich said some creatures like titans can kill you whatever your protection, exept protection against magic.
In fact i myself rarely use preservation as i always try to keep the balance in hit points in my team. I rarely wait i got killed characters (maybe a reflex from solo games lol) and at that occasion i just use raise dead.
I generally only launch preservation for big battles so that, combined to regeneration my character can come back conscious after a time.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Aug 2013, 14:36

tolich wrote:
Arret wrote:I thought that is what preservation was for.
I thought it doesn't work for Minotaur Lords, Blood Titans, and Ancient Wyverns.
Mintoaur Kings this can be a problem, but the easiest thing is just to avoid combat. They hit for so much damage already that a caster will get destroyed even without the special effect.
Ancient Wyverns should never be a problem because you shouldn't let them get into melee in the first place.
What are you doing that you run into Blood Titans before midgame?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Aug 2013, 16:31

Arret wrote:Mintoaur Kings this can be a problem, but the easiest thing is just to avoid combat. They hit for so much damage already that a caster will get destroyed even without the special effect.
Avoiding combat is for cowards. :devil:

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 14 Aug 2013, 22:26

I'd rather be a live coward than a dead warrior B-)

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 15 Aug 2013, 05:45

Arret wrote:What are you doing that you run into Blood Titans before midgame?
I wanna rob the castle in Avlee.
GreatEmerald wrote:Avoiding combat is for cowards. :devil:
Discretion is the best part of valor.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 15 Aug 2013, 10:00

Hour of Power ? I almost never use this myself.

Wondering what u people do in case say, the fatigue from Haste kicked in ? Is the fatigue thing really important enough ? Will casting another Haste helped at all ?

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 15 Aug 2013, 16:02

1) Wizard Eye
2) Torch Light
3) Heal
4) Fly
5) Town Portal
6) Lloyd's Beacon
7) Souldrinker
8) Paralyze
9) Shrapmetal
10) Destroy Undead
11) Fireball (great high damage spell early on to multiple targets)
12) Heroism
13) Protection Against Magic
14) Summon Light Element (very useful diversion , especially in the Pit)
15) Dragon Breath (can be very risky to use indoors however, I've accidentally killed my entire party single handedly with this spell before when I had 30+ points in dark magic)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 15 Aug 2013, 19:05

BoardGuest808888 wrote:Hour of Power ? I almost never use this myself.

Wondering what u people do in case say, the fatigue from Haste kicked in ? Is the fatigue thing really important enough ? Will casting another Haste helped at all ?
Recast Haste before the one from Hour of Power wears out to refill its duration, and keep an eye on it. If you fail, you do need to spend a few seconds curing everyone, but it's not that bad.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 15 Aug 2013, 23:16

BoardGuest808888 wrote:Hour of Power ? I almost never use this myself.

It's really only a problem with low level light. Once you get to level 20 light (with an item of light magic, usually the cloak), then just recast every time you need to heal and spend the extra 5g to re-heal. The added effects are just too powerful. Also getting to 500 speed (plus hour of power) makes blasters have 0 recovery time, unless you are running the Greyface version.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Sep 2013, 21:34

I think the 5 cap was well called for, hurr.

Hour of Power is very sweet, though. Too bad experience grinding in MM7 is so tedious. I don't think I ever had a team over level 130 in that game actually (not counting the BDJ mod). Weekly trips to Lord arena get so boring. Much easier to get to +150 with all five chars in MM8, more areas full of top level monsters. In MM7 there's basically only Eeofol and The Arena to rely on.

Return to “Might and Magic”