Recommended patches for MM7

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
arturchix
Titan
Titan

Recommended patches for MM7

Unread postby arturchix » 08 Aug 2013, 06:56

Hi all! I've started to replay MM7 for at least 100th time, time has passed and I have not followed what unofficial patches have been released so far. Does the Grayface patch for MM7 also fix the super vampire's cape in Tatalia? I noticed there is also Phantom's patch for MM7 - which one is recommended? Is there also a screen resolution patch? Thanks a lot :)

P.S. I use the GoG version of MM7.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Aug 2013, 10:47

You just need to update to the latest Grayface's patch and you're all set. I don't think there is a resolution patch, that would involve changing the core a lot.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 08 Aug 2013, 11:51

There's no description in the readme of fixing the super vampire's location in the wine cellar. Oh well, will have to play to find out.

EDIT: Arghh, where did the in-game music go?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 08 Aug 2013, 15:15

If you have the GOG version, then you should have received the music in MP3 form. Then you need to set MP3 playback to be true in MM7.ini.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Aug 2013, 04:24

For super vampire you'll need Phantom's patch. I wanted to include it, but then forgot about it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 09 Aug 2013, 11:23

Does the Phantom's patch work on the English version as well? I've heard it's compatible with Buka only.

Thanks about the music, now it works :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 19 Aug 2013, 02:35

arturchix wrote:Does the Phantom's patch work on the English version as well? I've heard it's compatible with Buka only.

Thanks about the music, now it works :)
How did you get it to work? I can't get it to work at all on my W7...
"By the power of Zelas!"

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 19 Aug 2013, 04:53

HeroOfPunk wrote:How did you get it to work? I can't get it to work at all on my W7...
I got it to work on my W8. I had to set 16 bits display mode in compatability section though, both for launcher and game executables.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Aug 2013, 06:44

HeroOfPunk wrote:How did you get it to work? I can't get it to work at all on my W7...
Set MP3 playback to true and have the music files in the MP3 folder if you're using the GOG version, otherwise have the game disc in the drive.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 28 Aug 2013, 12:34

I hope these patches haven't invented a new bug - I just killed Xenofex and every single devil in the Colony Zod but Resurrectra won't recognize the quest is done, no cutscene.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2013, 05:57

Umm, help? I can't finish the quest - the Strike the Devils quest won't finish even though I've killed Xenofex and looted his body. I seem to remember there was a bug here but I've never experienced it myself before. There's no older save to reload.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 05 Sep 2013, 06:10

Have you seen the family uniting thing?

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2013, 06:24

Hmm? You mean the cutscene where Roland reunited with Archibald? No. When was it supposed to trigger? Exiting the Colony of Zod?

I'm on the Strike the Devils quest, given by Resurrectra, before I can proceed to the last quest in the Lincoln. I've finished this game at least 30 times, only this time I can't finish the quest - Resurrectra won't acknowledge that Xenofex is killed, no cutscene, and I'm stuck. I used blasters to clear out the entire Colony of Zod, Xenofex didn't drop Vial of Devil's Ichor so maybe that's where lies the problem. I remember there was something about it. Or the patch has introduced an unknown game killing bug...

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 05 Sep 2013, 09:30

arturchix wrote:Hmm? You mean the cutscene where Roland reunited with Archibald? No. When was it supposed to trigger? Exiting the Colony of Zod?
Yep. It must trigger every time you leave the Colony after rescuing Roland. Not triggering this cutscene could mean that you haven't got a conversation with Archibald, haven't rescued Roland, or even something more reckless. Though it's supposed that it's impossible to meet Xenofex before you save Roland (he gives a key), and it's impossible to get into the Colony without dealing with Archibald (he starts the conversation the first time you arrive there, even if before choosing the side).

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 05 Sep 2013, 18:35

Obviously I've done all that you mention - this is not the first time I'm through the game, only the first time I'm stuck...

Return to “Might and Magic”