Alcohol Infused Goodness

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 03 Aug 2013, 21:24

Photo #1: While visiting Kalah in Norway a couple of days ago,
I first had a taste of Ringnes...

Photo #2: ...and then this Frydenlund beer

And Aass you can see, these Norwegian beers cause their drinker to gain a nice (and quite visible) aura on the top of their head! ;)

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Aug 2013, 16:02

Have you tried the special brews yet?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 05 Aug 2013, 17:27

Yurian, thanks for sharing the pics of your trip, I needed a short get-a-way myself. :D

Btw, how do the Norse-ales compare to the Belgian brews? they make a wheat-cream-ale that's my favorite, though there are many others in Europe that are quite tasty. I even like English "Bitters & Stouts.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Aug 2013, 21:41

markkur wrote:Yurian, thanks for sharing the pics of your trip, I needed a short get-a-way myself. :D
..there are many others in Europe that are quite tasty. I even like English "Bitters & Stouts.
markkur wrote:Btw, how do the Norse-ales compare to the Belgian brews? they make a wheat-cream-ale that's my favorite, though there are many others in Europe that are quite tasty. I even like English "Bitters & Stouts.
Damn you, try Czech beer, for example Dalesice. Cerna Hora, hmm, Kozel, Svijany, Pilsner. Of course you need to visit Czech Republic to taste hundred shades of beer. ;)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 06 Aug 2013, 15:35

Pol wrote:Damn you, try Czech beer, for example Dalesice. Cerna Hora, hmm, Kozel, Svijany, Pilsner. Of course you need to visit Czech Republic to taste hundred shades of beer. ;)
We are pleased to announce..."The Beer Wars" the latest epic-saga from the world of HoMM :D

Hmm, <insert, slyness>If I give you my address would you send me no more than a hundred samples?

Better yet, I think this is a very important and critical topic pertaining to International-World-Diplomacy, so I'm sure I can get Government clearance for a pilsner-keeping mission...do you happen to have an extra room? :D I would gladly "hop" about in my diplomatic effort and we could even have a conference in Malta.<S>

Btw, seriously, from your post, I can see that it is likely your country still practices that wonderful old-world tradition; where in every town there is a local brewer that still makes the family-recipe? I had a taste of that awesomeness in Schaffhausen Switzerland where they make the great Falcon beer. Btw, when they say Falcon, its sounds like another, more common word. "Yes I will have another of those Falcon beers". :D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Dec 2013, 15:27

I'm the one running the "wine lottery" every week at work, and I save up for a binge every Christmas. These are the goodies that await my colleagues next Friday before the end of the semester. :)

Can you see what they all are?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 05 Jan 2014, 11:17

If you like Scotch "wine", give Glenfidditch 12 a go sometime. I had the 18 once but the 12 was very good and for less coin.

I was always a Mead lover and found I was born either a few centuries too late or one too early. Mead is a growing market here in the US and there's even a local winery making it now. http://www.pirtlewinery.com/ But imo they are only now learning how, because as it warmed it ate my tongue.

Missouri does have a wine region and its a story about German settlers that is worth the read. http://www.missouriwinecountry.com/hermann/

Hermannhof and Stone Hill are the best known but imo only Hermannhof gets it right but in fairness I've not had Stone Hill for many a year.

Fyi, another type of wine that is making a small comeback in the States is the Sauterne. Here it is called "Late Harvest" because of waiting for the first good frost. Most folks only like Dry Wine but I also enjoyed this stuff and called it Nectar of the Gods. <L>

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Nov 2014, 21:22

A startling new review: the best whisky is not Scottish.

Yamazaki - a Japanese brand - scores higher according to Jim Murray's whisky bible. I guess I'll have to get hold of a bottle and test it for myself ...

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 07 Nov 2014, 22:35

A post office worker told me Yamakazi was the greatest whisky they ever had. I just wanted to deliver some mail. :S

Return to “Campfire”