MM7 anomalies

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Emjayen
Peasant
Peasant

MM7 anomalies

Unread postby Emjayen » 01 Aug 2013, 11:54

For example:

Single horseshoe spawning near the small town south of Harmondale
Medium pile of gold spawning next to the arch into Harmondale

Anyone else experienced this?

I'm using base version 1.1 along with Grayface's patch 1.6.2

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 01 Aug 2013, 12:31

That's intended feature, or at least that how it works.
In fact you can even witness moment those items(goldpiles, etc) spawn, as they drop down from sky (that as far as I know is that due to outdoor engine limitations ). Consider those things as spawned stuff like some other open world rpg's have stuff randomly spawning.

Emjayen
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Emjayen » 01 Aug 2013, 12:44

In fact you can even witness moment those items(goldpiles, etc) spawn, as they drop down from sky (that as far as I know is that due to outdoor engine limitations ). Consider those things as spawned stuff like some other open world rpg's have stuff randomly spawning.
It is? I've played through the game dozens of times and have never observed horseshoes [for example] spawning anywhere apart from near the stables (in Harmondale that is)

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 01 Aug 2013, 14:31

Emjayen wrote:
It is? I've played through the game dozens of times and have never observed horseshoes [for example] spawning anywhere apart from near the stables (in Harmondale that is)
Yeah things get spawned all over Harmondale after a while, I remember playing when I was still pretty little like 5-7 ish and Playing this game I would find hat suddenly the entire map of Harmondale is covered in blue things and went around picking them up. It also Happens frequently in Erathia and Ive heard of it happening, and have seen it happen once in Deja, Don't know much about it but I just shut up and take the gifts the gods had given me :D
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

Emjayen
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Emjayen » 01 Aug 2013, 14:42

Yeah things get spawned all over Harmondale after a while, I remember playing when I was still pretty little like 5-7 ish and Playing this game I would find hat suddenly the entire map of Harmondale is covered in blue things and went around picking them up. It also Happens frequently in Erathia and Ive heard of it happening, and have seen it happen once in Deja, Don't know much about it but I just shut up and take the gifts the gods had given me
That's interesting. Maybe my perception is different because I'm watching a friend of mine play (speaking of which; http://www.twitch.tv/deederdangler (password is: c700) if anyone's interested in watching a newbie play. He'll probably will be playing for atleast another hour from the time of this post)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 01 Aug 2013, 16:04

With spawning, there's the issue where items from another map can spawn. For instance, items from the Tularean Forest, even if you're not in it. It's a bug, although it's not really worth complaining about :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Aug 2013, 09:05

If there are any more details about this, I'd like to know.
tress wrote:(that as far as I know is that due to outdoor engine limitations )
Perhaps lazy level designer haven't placed them down on the ground.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 02 Aug 2013, 19:29

GrayFace wrote: Perhaps lazy level designer haven't placed them down on the ground.
if i remember well - there are restriction inengine where we got only X & Y coordinates but no Z - so we cannot place items and creatures vertically. thats why we can see them fall down or have flying monsters in the air.

perhaps you already added this missing Z coordinate and now we can place items right in space?
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Bloax
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bloax » 02 Aug 2013, 21:16

This actually also happens in MM8, most noticeably in Garrote Gorge.
And yes, it happens in unpatched versions too. Not that I'm complaining. :p

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Aug 2013, 02:41

vladimir-maestro wrote:if i remember well - there are restriction inengine where we got only X & Y coordinates but no Z - so we cannot place items and creatures vertically.
Nope.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Return to “Might and Magic”