MMX Music Composers

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Jul 2013, 14:03

Ok let's all step back a bit. My comment was simply one could turn the music off (I frequently do) and still enjoy the game. Good music can add to the game's environment without a doubt. Graphics are very important particularly to the younger player that has not played games in the CGA and VGA days. A good AI is important to everyone that wants a challenging game. I am not that concerned with who they have do the music as long as they are competent. AI, debugging, story and of course graphics are where I would prefer they spent the majority of their time and resources.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

MMX Music Composers

Unread postby Marzhin » 30 Jul 2013, 15:44

@Avonu: there are no remixes of music from past Might & Magic RPGs in Legacy.
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

OneHour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMX Music Composers

Unread postby OneHour » 30 Jul 2013, 16:04

I agree with you completely, Jeff. I am just tired of being told that my input is “incompetent, immaterial and irrelevant.” (Bonus points and a discount on a new “Geri-chair” to the first one to reference that quote without doing a web-search.) My personal opinion (in the area of gaming) is that music is the least important aspect. I have acknowledged that others obviously (and with excellent reason) feel otherwise.

And as far as an intro to Germanic Opera (which I also enjoy and would actually prefer to what those who purchase MM10 will get) I believe that has been covered elsewhere.

I guess that I simply am not “hardcore” enough to be part of this group. I am reluctant to give a game a “thumbs up” just because of its name.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MMX Music Composers

Unread postby Avonu » 30 Jul 2013, 16:09

Marzhin wrote:@Avonu: there are no remixes of music from past Might & Magic RPGs in Legacy.
I am not talking about remixes. Just some parts of Karthal's soundtrack sounds too familiar too me, not the whole track, but few notes here and there.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Jul 2013, 18:00

@OneHour - Your opinions are welcome here. You will find there is a lot of expectations on this game, and many have been disappointed at the way the Heroes franchise has fared lately. People will disagree and that can lead to healthy conversation as long as everyone remains respectful. Let's all keep that in mind (me as well). ;)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 30 Jul 2013, 20:32

OneHour wrote:> “incompetent, immaterial and irrelevant.” (Bonus points and a discount on a new “Geri-chair” to the first one to reference that quote without doing a web-search.)
No idea, the closest thing that comes to mind is Touhou Immaterial and Missing Power :D
Avonu wrote:I am not talking about remixes. Just some parts of Karthal's soundtrack sounds too familiar too me, not the whole track, but few notes here and there.
It reminds me of Grieg's Morning, if anything.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Music Composers

Unread postby hellegennes » 30 Jul 2013, 22:00

@OneHour:
Where did anyone say that you are incompetent, immaterial or irrelevant? The two former words were not used at all and the latter was used in the sense that it doesn't matter if anyone buys a game based on the music, because the same can be said for any of the elements of a game. Your personal view about game music is of course respectful, I just answered your question on whether or not people purchase games based on the music; and the answer was yes.

There are people buying games because of the graphics, the hype, the franchise name or even the cover on the box.

I personally prefer a game with good music than one with good graphics. And there are a lot of people who share the feeling. It doesn't make either you or me right or wrong.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 31 Jul 2013, 02:50

I think it's because the music is much different, as we we're used to Anthony romero's very different style compared to our nowadays RPGs

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 31 Jul 2013, 17:57

OneHour wrote:and for…um… evenings of… “Physical intimacy”
Oh, I think I see what you're getting at... ;) You're talking about playing Scrabble with your friend, right?

Return to “News”