Heroes III theory: Can it run on Android?

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes III theory: Can it run on Android?

Unread postby Xdarkon » 20 Jul 2013, 15:01

Hello everyone, the other day I saw a post on an forum about emulating windows on Android, (Preferably tablets and high end phones), and I thought, if you can run Windows on Android, can you play Heroes 3 on it? Oh and I did not forget VCMI, but the project is practical dead due to lack of updates, please plus there is no ai support, so right now I am doing test and hopefully update this regularly, if I make it work I may make a tutorial on here and YouTube, (for the people that don't understand english)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 20 Jul 2013, 15:12

I have seen Windows 98 emulated on Android. So my take on this is that no, you can't run HoMM3 on Android, but you can run HoMM2.

nowat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Heroes III theory: Can it run on Android?

Unread postby nowat » 24 Jul 2013, 14:17

Xdarkon wrote:Hello everyone, the other day I saw a post on an forum about emulating windows on Android, (Preferably tablets and high end phones), and I thought, if you can run Windows on Android, can you play Heroes 3 on it? Oh and I did not forget VCMI, but the project is practical dead due to lack of updates, please plus there is no ai support, so right now I am doing test and hopefully update this regularly, if I make it work I may make a tutorial on here and YouTube, (for the people that don't understand english)
Please don't post misinformation if you have no idea or you lack your brains to check for yourself. Their project is far from dead - developers actively are writing and answering questions in heroes community forum, and game updates comes out every couple months (last one (0.93) was released in 2013.06.01). It's a huge project with not so many developers so it takes time. But the project is still active and far far from dead. By the way, battle and adventure AI is working too. Yes it's not perfect, but it works and they are working on it too.

Warmonger
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Warmonger » 28 Jul 2013, 05:43

More precisely, VCMI never officially supported Android. The port is a fork made by a member from outisde team, who left and abandoned it. We don't have anyone familiar with Android right now.

Still, if we can't do that, no one else can for sure.
VCMI : the future of Heroes 3!
People just don't care.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”