WyrmWyrd for PRT-Mod

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
markkur
Demon
Demon

WyrmWyrd for PRT-Mod

Unread postby markkur » 10 Jul 2013, 03:21

WyrmWyrd made with XOXO's PRT_Beta_0_2

XUXO has made a great texture Mod giving H5 a brand new look. Installing the Mod: just drop it into the "Data-folder" and take it out when playing original maps...when needed. :D

Download from the 1st post here;
http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=3

Since my maps were all crafted with the Editor's original textures, I decided since XUXO has done some hard work on his PRT Mod; I took DarkWorld and re-created the map using his new textures.

I also completely changed the play of the map ofc. So get XUXO's Mod and get "WyrmWyrd" from here at CH. http://www.celestialheavens.com/ I think you'll like our efforts.

Here's a picture showing the new look http://www.mediafire.com/?4sbxiry5a9i8t93

WyrmWyrd by Markkur

Map Type: [Multiplayer]
Map Size: [Huge]
Underground [Yes]
Players: [1-6, FFA]
Game Version: [HoMM5 TOTE 3.1]
Language: [English]
Special Win: [NONE]
Special Loss: [NONE]

Description: The "Dragon Fate" map is a 6 player FFA follow-up to DarkWorld. Nature is back to normal and the regions resettled by random factions separated by 4 gates, a few portals and several new roads and passage-ways.

Notes:
1. Map was made with XUXO's Pre-Rendered-Textures Mod.
2. Upper land is more open and water-access is seldom restricted,
3. Wyngaal, Sinitar, Naadir and Nymus have retired.
4. For single-play: an upper-island Sphinx gives a very BIG gift. :>).

Map by Markkur 7/13

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Re: WyrmWyrd for PRT-Mod

Unread postby Kalah » 11 Jul 2013, 17:34

markkur wrote:Here's a picture showing the new look http://www.mediafire.com/?4sbxiry5a9i8t93
Ooooh a new POTD, perhaps...? :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 11 Jul 2013, 18:16

As you wish me Lord :D Post it, I'm sure XUXO would like the publicity for his Mod.

Btw, I have a very good folder of many shots from the new PRT and many map-pics along the line of the last group and much more.

In the future, or whenever, I have a beautiful group of pictures from my last (new) map of the Dragon-Head-Series<LOL> That's what I'm now calling the 4 variations of the Dragon-Map. * Power of Dragons * DarkWorld * WyrmWyrd * and the new WyrmWyrd..."Icegerd".(it's an H5-Dwarven town)

Watch your potd mailbox and I'll send of few shots from Icegerd. The shots I've taken from it, are some of my best ever & I've no doubt...you'll "see" so<L>

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 20 Jul 2013, 07:05

Hi there HoMM players.
I have a small problem with XUXO's mod.
All sea water is white after I have put the PRT in my data folder.
Is that how it should be or?
I am playing HoMM 5 3.1 with the EE n version mod and the map was WyrmWyrd.
/Jan

markkur
Demon
Demon

Hope this helps

Unread postby markkur » 20 Jul 2013, 16:21

No it should not be white. Hmm, I've not seen that. Glad you reported it though; lets see if we can find the solution. What's your set-up" and are you running other mods?

First, I would suggest having all folders empty when running this Mod. No Maps, Homm Mods (under the Editor) or any saves made from the Original textures because I've just verified they can clash.

My wife had a conflict, "running on Vista" and when I took the old stuff out, the chickens left.<LOL> xuxo modified the farms so the cock-fight is not there now.

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 20 Jul 2013, 16:59

I am running win7 sp2.
HoMM5 3.1j (EE mod) other mods are RemoveListMapsTemplates and Movementpoints+25.

I tried to empty the folders you suggested, save files, all other mods and all maps except wyrmwyrd.

But the water is still white except where the water is very low at the shoreline.
I tried to start wyrmwyrd on both HoMM 3.1, 3.1n and 3.1j but all with white water

When I remove the PRT mod all colors are normal and the water is clear to see through in all 3 versions of the game.

/Jan

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 20 Jul 2013, 17:50

Screenshot from wyrmwyrd with white water.

http://i.imgur.com/SEeu3Sk.jpg

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 21 Jul 2013, 10:13

We have the same set-up but I don't see the white-water. However, after thinking about this; I do have a small mod that I've forgotten.

Get this tiny (but important) vid-mod no matter what, because it corrects the age-old blur issue with H5. I hope this works. I do want to understand this issue, so if this is not it I will ask XUXO

From Icharus @ HC
Hi there, this is my fix might be useful to someone who had problems with this game (mainly with blurry low resolution textures at startup or randomly during playing, and possibly other problems like crashes, stutters) This problem can usually be on 64-bit systems with 4 GB or more of RAM, when dedicated video memory is more than 2 GB.
d3d9_memfix.zip
Unzip and copy d3d9.dll to BIN game folder, where the H5_Game.exe file.
http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... enumber=47

Also, I'll upload the Fix if necessary

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 21 Jul 2013, 10:51

Thanks for trying markur.

I have unzipped the dll file to my bin folder but still the same white water in the map I am playing now (Towns of Ashan)

http://i.imgur.com/5fpRERc.jpg

I also noticed that there is a cockfight going on so I might still have some old stuff to remove.

I am running the 32 bit version of win7 on a 5-6 year old laptop (Lenovo Z61m) so it might also be some graphics chip issue. My device manager says it's an Intel Mobile 945.

/Jan

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 21 Jul 2013, 15:54

Ok, I have recreated the white-water; I saw it when running an original map with PRT installed. I did a :save of that old map" and afterwards loaded WyrmWyrd but the water was correct.

I am running 64 vs 32 but I doubt it's that.

Try this;

"In-Game" open up the games options and go to the Video settings.

Here's my settings:

Screen Res = 1024 X 768
Full screen checked (probably should not matter)
Gamma = at midpoint
Both Anti-Aliasing & Anisotropic-filtering are Maxed.

Hope that's it.

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 21 Jul 2013, 16:31

No, that didn't do it.

I changed the options in the video settings but still white water in both Towns of Ashan ver_2 and WyrmWyrd.

I don't know what could be wrong then, but thanks again for trying markkur.

/Jan

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 21 Jul 2013, 17:52

Have you ran "J" (atm the only version to use) since you edited your files?

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 21 Jul 2013, 18:15

Yes I'm running the J version of the EE mod.

The EE mod is the biggest improvement to the game since WOG.
It really makes the game playable again so I'm not giving that up.

And neither the PRT mod, I think, the game is still playable and I don't sail that much if I can avoid it.

/Jan

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 22 Jul 2013, 14:32

This is very arrrgh. I'll ask xuxo, he might know something.

Btw, What was the source of the game? Disc or digital? And did you get one update at UBI?

My version is the Encore Epic collection and I had to do one patch-update of the game.

Alsborg
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alsborg » 22 Jul 2013, 14:57

I bought a download from cdon.com HoMM5 ToE and then patched with 3.1.

/jan

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 23 Jul 2013, 02:00

By "the fate of the dragon" :D , I have another way that you can enjoy the PRT and will avoid the white water except in a few small lakes; it's my last map of my Dragon-head series that I've just finished, called

WyrmWyrd-Icegerd

After the passing of many generations, the Elvin-Wars became the stuff of legends and peace again reigned across WyrmWyrd. But then;

"The Great Earth Dragon heaved and the land changed once more."

The sudden appearance of a Fortress of blue-light floating amid the "Great Chasm"; quickly caused Greed to sharpen its sword once more. Behind every throne, whispered rumors excitedly said; "Icegerd, the mythical Dwarven City of Lore is here and deep within its Runic-Keep, the Tear of Asha now rests." A reply was ever the same; "I must have it!"

Fyi, I intend to rework this map and WyrmWyrd for playing with the original textures, they will both be available soon.

Still waiting to here back from xuxo about the white-water.

markkur
Demon
Demon

victory window

Unread postby markkur » 31 Jul 2013, 14:31

Thank's to a report I just received there likely will be a bug in WyrmWyrd involving winning the map; where you will not see the victory message and have the game end when all enemies are defeated.

I know this is a minor thing since the map was played and won but it is an undesirable irritation none the less; sorry for this under-sight (1st time I tried this)

I think I know what's happened but I still have to verify. I will update the map asap.

WyrmWyrd is a remake of a much older "scripted" map (DarkWorld)that did not have a "defeat all" victory condition. So, when I did a save-as, re-worked the map and then deleted the scripts in the Editor and also the Lua-folder...it must have not been enough and my changing the maps' victory-condition to defeat-all didn't do the trick either.

What I think happened is that when I made all the changes, "the old objective was not deleted from within the XDB" and atm, both objectives are within the maps' XDB files.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Revised WyrmWyrd

Unread postby markkur » 31 Jul 2013, 18:14

@All

Fyi. if you've downloaded the WrymWyrd map "Look for an update very soon". When I remade that map, and deleted the "capture artifact set objective", the map did not reset to FFA so the victory-screen doesn't show. I found the source and fixed/tested it. Btw, I also discovered all map-settings had been reset to "everything allowed", thus my 4 banned Heroes, some artifacts and a few spells that I typically ban ;were all available :devil:

Both issues are corrected. and the revised map should be up soon. Sorry for the hassle. It's the only time I've reproduced a scripted-map and now I know how the editor works with that...or doesn't :D

Cheers and thanks for the feedback.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 31 Jul 2013, 19:52

Thank you for creating this map, I enjoyed playing very much. And thanks for fixing the final victory message bug and for your other corrections. (I wondered about the "instant travel" spell, good to read, that you have banned it now.)

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 01 Aug 2013, 23:42

Thank you very much for that; I enjoy trying to keep 5 alive and ofc, it's always nice to hear good-stuff<L>

@All

I have made a Non-PRT version of WyrmWyrd, if anyone would like one just send me an e-mail.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”