Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 15 Nov 2011, 01:54

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/785
The river of time wash away all heroes

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 15 Nov 2011, 01:54

It should be noted that, if you go the tear path this map is much MUCH easier since you start out with Kasper in your army, who starts out 3 level higher than Annie and what's better is that he starts with HIS SKILL POINTS UNDISTRIBUTED. with Kasper you can

1. clear the neutruals much faster, since he can basically start out with 2 summon elemental AND medidtation , which basically means he should easily take out most neutural stacks except for the most powerful onces. (to add insult to injury, he's a regeneration expert, which means his regen spell heal up really well.)

2. essentially let you do a blitz on either one faction or probably two at the same time, I generally suggest you to just blitz the orcs with Kasper while Annie's in the underworld. since Sharka will not come out to fight you all you need to do is make sure Kasper have enough troops to deal with the secondary heroes, capture as much resource asap and then finish off Sharka when you see fit. (note that while the Barbarian town has no walls Sharka is a very high level Barbarian and you probably will not be able to win against him with only half your army early on, his rage army will simply take you down much faster than you can heal them up, though if you just give your full army to Annie she should win without much problem. )

If you have Kasper, taking out Sharka first is actually a better idea, as this article noted the Inferno town is actually quite hard to take due to it's insane fire rain of death. just have Annie down there and take out the other two forts (And soften them up by killing their heroes outside the towns, then once you have advanced portal build go back, meet up your army with Kasper and finish off Sharka fist. then split up again and have Kasper mop up the rest of the resource on your starting isles.

Also, in the tear path Ludmilla will not join you after you finish off Sharka, BUT you can attack her and take the town anyway :P .

It is highly suggested that you give Kasper the mentor ability, and then hire a 3rd hero early, Kasper can keep lvling him/her up as he lvl up, a 3rd hero with full market and architechture is really helpful here, since you'll have a lot of towns to convert and build up.

The Miranda fight is tougggggh. her army is huge and heals like crazy, it is highly HIGHLY suggested that you have teleport and use it a lot here, a major trick is to teleport in your Fate Weavers (in range mode) in the the middle of the enemies (after your other flies have gotten in of course) and then use her spell , which is essentially Time statis on everyone around her. a very very powerful trick. (and later on Teleport in Lich and Skeleton as well to negate the massive range penalty espeically on Skeletons), next turn go into melee mode and just wack.
The river of time wash away all heroes

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 15 Nov 2011, 19:24

Interesting! Thanks for the suggestions. I think Black Hole wanted us to use secondary heroes like you did. :)

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 15 Nov 2011, 23:24

For some reason when I completed Ludmilla's quest she joined me but her town didn't, and since she was an ally I couldn't attack it...
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Thoram
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thoram » 08 Jan 2012, 12:09

I am also unable to capture Ludmillas Town G (Apil-Sin). This is actually a correct game mechanic considering that you can only develop one town to rank 4. And if you previously developed town A to rank 4 (city hall level 4) - it would make sense that you cannot capture another town that has rank 4. Else you would have 2 Towns at rank 4 which is forbidden. In my eyes a broken game mechanic (bug), but I would advise anyone to NOT upgrade town A to city hall rank 4 (unconfirmed).

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 11 Jan 2012, 01:07

Hi maltz. I'm just about to start this chapter. Where did you put most of Ana's Ability points? (I'm following Blood Path)

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 11 Jan 2012, 02:37

Another question. Won't casting Summon Earth Elemental all the time build up the Tears Path instead of Blood Path?

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 11 Jan 2012, 11:56

Another question. Won't casting Summon Earth Elemental all the time build up the Tears Path instead of Blood Path?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 11 Jan 2012, 14:54

You could accumulate Tear points well past the required 250/1000 for the next level, but choose not to level up. The leveling is not automatic.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 14 Jan 2012, 03:23

To follow up on Thoram suggestion not to upgrade town A to capital in order to be able to get town G, I tried it out but unfortunately, following the walkthrough, the Inferno city was a capital and is now de facto my capital preventing acquiring town G anyhow.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 13 Mar 2012, 19:45

.....These generic heroes can cause a fortune at high levels. ....

What exactly does that mean? Please clarify.

Maybe "cost a fortune"??
Edited on Tue, Mar 13 2012, 16:44 by Naki
May the Implosion be with you!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 14 Mar 2012, 21:58

.....By the way, at this time you should have reached level 20, which enables you to "respecialize" all of Ana's spent ability points (one-time only).....

Um, what?? Does this not happen at Tears/Blood Level 2? I don't think the level of the hero matters here. Only the reputation points do.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 21 Mar 2012, 21:25

What am I doing wrong? The Sharka (Stronghold) fight is a castle siege for me, and you said it is not!

Latest patch (1.2.1) as of 21st of March, 2012. Playing on Normal difficulty.
Edited on Wed, Mar 21 2012, 17:33 by Naki

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 25 Mar 2012, 15:28

............. On your way to Town (G), get a free look of several islands and their goodies at (5). .................

Should be like this:

Once you beat the Orc Boss hero, you need to go south, visit the Arena to get +2 def or attack, then buy a boat from the shipyard (a bit further south) and travel around the islands to get the goodies there - if you don't do that, a Necro hero most probably will get all the stuff instead.

----------------

In my game, I saw a Necro hero come from the mainland, travel to an island in the sea, and he was about to start looting one of the islands - he was in a boat about to disembark, but when I approached him, he town portalled back to his own town, so I was able to get all the islands's treasures/scrolls/etc before he was able to do it (as he did not try to come again).
Edited on Sun, Mar 25 2012, 12:13 by Naki

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Jul 2013, 14:06

I found going the air spell route to be MUCH better on this map than just about anything else, really.

I chose blood path, but frankly, rarely use the abilities! I found mass agony and mass drain great in earlier levels, but now I find they just don't heal fast enough/do enough damage.

example: Mass Agony even at level 15 with 30 magic power still only does about 175 per turn, for only 3 turns. compare to chain lighting, which does a whopping 1200 damage to the first target, and only 15% less to each subsequent 3 other targets. Usually, I can wipe out half a big army just by opening with chain lighting, usually taking out whatever large ranged stack there is. Follow up next turn with a lighting bolt on the next most dangerous stack.

who needs healing when you basically wipe out anything that would actually damage you?

summon earth elemental is still good, especially for very large spilt stacks of ranged attackers, where chain lightning isn't strong enough to take them all out.

with this strategy, I actually wish I had chosen tears instead of blood, but the big blood spell is still good for finishing off a lot of weak stacks, and doing a final healup on your stacks.

the chain lightning/lightning combo is especially effective during the inferno siege. First take out the hero that is in the gate of the town, then WAIT. DO NOT ATTACK THE TOWN. end your turn sitting in the gate, and the resident inferno hero will attack you... outside of his fortifications! Once you take him and his armies down, taking the town is much easier. Attack on the next turn. You should have taken a level of tactics at some point, so you can remove your squishy stacks (they just get wiped by the inferno firestorm generators). take your spinners and liches and ghouls (ghouls, because they are a damage magnet - the AI hates them). Cast chain lightning on the largest ranged stack, which should take out that stack, and likely 2 or 3 others. there should be breeders left, and one or two other stacks. focus your ranged attacks to take out the stacks that are NOT breeders. hit the breeder stack with lightning on your next turn to take out the breeder stack, and use your necromancy to heal the liches. the rest of whatever is left should come out of the walls at that point, so have your stacks wait till end of turn to attack. you should wipe out the remaining stacks as they come out. I lost one spinner and 2 liches, and about 20 ghouls. that's it! If you build a resurrection shrine in your fist town before you attack the town, those losses will be sitting there waiting for you to resurrect them in your first town.

seriously, you can't heal more than half the damage the firestorm generator does per round, even with your best regeneration or life drain. It's a losing game to play; best bet is to end the battle as quickly as possible, and chain lighting is the way to do it.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Jul 2013, 14:13

oh, also, it is very worth it in the first week to hire the hero that gives you +2 liches per week, and give her the economics and architect skills. build your spinners in the second week. you should have a stack of over 2 dozen archliches by the end of the second week, and 5 spinners if you build all the fortifications and take the lich generator to the southeast.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 16 Jul 2013, 18:01

the only dangerous thing about Sharka, is if he puts centaur marauders in the arrow tower... he had 70 of them in there when I took him on (after doing the inferno), and that tower would take down a stack of 24 vamps in one shot, and they get two shots at the start of the fight. so, if you can disable that one stack (stasis, petrify) until you have the rest of his army under control, ur good.

harry49082011
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby harry49082011 » 29 Mar 2014, 12:22

Controlling Castle G:is already owning an L4 castle the problem?

tried this on easy for speed:

1,start as normal: take 2 forts, DO build to L4 and the resurrection structure.

2.visit Ludmila

3.attack Sharka (Rangi orc miust be active), Castle H will drop to L3

4,Follow Rangi north to retake forts C&B

5.Bring back your undead and move with a secondary to resupply Anni.

6,Allow Rangi to take Castle A which will drop L3 as the orcs have upgraded J

7,Visit Ludmilla she joins but castle G does not even though you only own

Castle H which is L3.

So the L4 issue cannot be the cause of G not joining as it would be your only L4 location.

Since H3? if you own an L4 castle and capture another it downgrades to L3

Does anyone know how to get hold of G?On hard it would provide an interesting change by going for the orcs before the demons

rboy3
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby rboy3 » 24 Jun 2014, 05:29

I too could not capture castle G. I am on the blood path so Ludmilla joined me. But when she leveled to 18, her stats did not increase. But from then on her stats increased on level. As well, I added Heroic Charge, but I cannot use it on my Necro army - only live creatures. Not sure where they explain that? Enjoying the game nevertheless.

Zsooo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zsooo » 26 Jul 2014, 17:18

You have to let the enemy necro hero capture town G and then you can take it from him. Let him take fort I but block his way towards town H with a strong hero and when he goes for town G just follow him, and take it after he captures the town.

Return to “Articles”