Megom Chronicles Project

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 10 Jun 2013, 20:28

June 10, 2013

Recently I had really little time for making the campaign - but still I managed to do a whole landscape of the 8th and the last map of it. You can enjoy a screenshot of the map below.

To finish the last map I need to add scripts, texts and test it. It will take some time, but I think I am slowly coming to the end of making the campaign :)

After the finishing 8th map I still need to test the whole game. Before that I will search for the tester for my creation. I will post the news in proper time.

Take care all the fans of Megom stories!
Duzeom

The full resolution image you see on the Megom Chronicles site.

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 11 Jun 2013, 21:02

Great. Hack and slash with armageddon spell coming soon!

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 15 Jun 2013, 17:50

Works are going steadily. I'm posting a second screen shot from the 8th map. :D

There is also new possibility for all great MC fans! :hoo:

You can donate me with every amount you want. I promise that it's completely voluntary and has nothing to do with campaigns quality. More info you can find here:
PLEASE DONATE

Duzeom

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 01 Jul 2013, 20:54

If you wonder on what I'm currently working on - it is a custom quest hut which immitate Library. I promised you there will be such object in the campaign - and there it is. Now - hundreds of words to fill these old books. Make sure to visit this place in the game and you will know a lot more about the Aalondor universe!

PS: let the nature hero doesn't fool you. It is just testing hero. It is bad news for the Nature lovers - there will be no even one Preserve town in the campaign.

Duzeom

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Jul 2013, 21:34

Steady Progress.. still looking forward to play it..

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 28 Jul 2013, 09:25

I finished making the campaign and now there is time for testing. The first time I am going to play through the whole campaign, fix some bugs, ballance the game etc. After that I will be searching for testers, so stay tuned.

PS: testing is sometimes equal hard as making the campaign ;)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 28 Jul 2013, 11:46

Sometimes? :-) I once read someone saying making the map is just ½ the process, I can only agree.. But good news you've come so far..

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 28 Jul 2013, 12:40

I coudn't disagree with that :) I have also that theory ;) I divide process of making campaign into three equal in duration steps: landscape, text and scripts, testing.

I am just wondering if there are any testers interested in testing my work...

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 28 Jul 2013, 14:15

I would very much like to help you, but I'm quite busy with my own campaign. I've only managed to find 2 testers and that was more by incident than by acutal volentering. The maps I've had listed as test maps, gave no respond from testers. But I guess you got a bigger crowd than me, so I hope you'll find some..

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jul 2013, 14:58

Duzeom_ wrote:I am just wondering if there are any testers interested in testing my work...
Have you treied submittingyour map for testing?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 28 Jul 2013, 18:29

The first time I am going to play through the whole campaign, fix some bugs, ballance the game etc. After that I will be searching for testers, so stay tuned.
Kalah, I think you were a bit to fast on the trigger there ;) But I like how you read these posts and contribute with solutions.. Tendind the webtender job quite well.. :applause:

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 28 Jul 2013, 21:44

Kalah wrote:
Duzeom_ wrote:I am just wondering if there are any testers interested in testing my work...
Have you treied submittingyour map for testing?

Yeah I was thinking of it, but I would rather go with some skilled map testers rather than some random people. I think you know what I mean.

And yes - for the open test there is plenty of time left.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 07 Aug 2013, 17:57

I am testing the third map. Up to now the difficulty is neither too low nor too high. So it's ideal. There is lot of spelling mistakes, but come on, you know that I'm not a native speaker. Some of them will be corrected of course, but spending a lot of time on grammar mistakes is just pointless I think. So far so good!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 08 Aug 2013, 16:20

Pointless? Arr, I've spent countless hours just trying to make my text somewhat meaningfull after running it through Googles translator haha. It's seems to do better with smaller amounts of text, rather than an entire text document. But as long as it's understandable, the grammer can always be perfected. Testing (by players) is also a useful way to deal with grammar.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 08 Aug 2013, 18:09

As long as it's understable. I think anyone will forgive me when they find a few spelling mistakes... we do it for free in our free time so please give me a break! If it was a commercial project I understand so perfection. Why to postpone a release for a few months only to correct the grammar...

players - just be more forgiving.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 18 Aug 2013, 21:06

Hello people!

I am currently testing the 5th map. I was recently spending on it 4 days in a row of my holidays. So I am really sacrificing to this project. Please write your comments about previous campaign or just kind words. I am really without entusiasm recently, because this project is really hard and I have so little time because of job etc.

Please give me some energy! :D

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 18 Aug 2013, 21:22

sorry mate, but I need all my energy myself ;)
But I can send you a virtual energy drink pumped with caffein.. :hoo:
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 18 Aug 2013, 21:42

Karmakeld my faithful fellow! Only you one left with me here. :D

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 19 Aug 2013, 19:31

With almost 5900 views there's bound to be alot of people interested in your project. I just guess most are 'silent readers'. But no doubt those few 'I can't wait to play this' really keeps your spirit high.. If it's any comfort, I'm on my 3rd year of campaign making :tired: and only just a bit past halfway done.. (I want some energy too.. and perhaps a 36 hour day..)
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 20 Aug 2013, 18:57

If you subtract my views from that number there will barely be something left :D but I really hope so that people are interested in this project.

I really like making maps in Heroes but making one map is completely different than making huge campaign which longs for years. I always said that I am doing it for myself not for people's applause, but I see a certain rule, that without even a slightest motivation from outside I wouldn't do it. The longer making campaign takes for me the greatest is my reluctance and fatigue. And now I want to end this campaign as soon as possible because I am really tired of it. In such moments kind comments allows to keep going.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”