MMX Voting #3

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Voting #3

Unread postby Kalah » 01 Jul 2013, 18:25

The devs over at <b>Limbic</b> have already started up the third vote from their Open Dev Blog, asking for input on the dungeon level:

<i>"For the next step, we're asking you to decide whether you want this dungeon to be combat- or riddle based, or whether you would like a balanced mix of both combat and riddles. Do you prefer to hack and slash your way through your dungeon, or would you rather use your wits instead of getting your hands dirty? It's your call! And of course, for those who like both, there's also the balanced option."</i>

<b>Go <a target="_blank" href="/https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/o ... 0">here</a> to vote for either combat, riddles or both.</b>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1372703127
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 01 Jul 2013, 18:36

What exactly do they mean by "riddles?"

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 01 Jul 2013, 21:02

What exactly do they mean by "riddles?"
Guess like ones at the end off mm8, where Estacon ask for 3. To be fair they were bit more common in old school mm games and other retro RPG's.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 01 Jul 2013, 21:39

I'm not sure what you're talking about since I didn't play any MM game before. I just think they should clearly explain what people are voting for.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 02 Jul 2013, 05:28

I think they meant puzzles, like many in the second MM generation games.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 02 Jul 2013, 06:15

I'm not sure what you're talking about since I didn't play any MM game before. I just think they should clearly explain what people are voting for.
Well aside from hacking and slashing mobs RPG (least older ones) feature various puzzles, including riddles where you have to write answer in order to proceed. Sometimes there was in game hints sometimes, not. One of most infamous (athough not exactly riddle per se )was in wizardry 4 where there was hints droped around that in order to defeat unlikable enemy you need to use specific (and otherwise useless) summon.

Personally I am not fan of puzzles since they may block game, and you either are stuck or you have to spoil game by looking into walk through.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Jul 2013, 07:02

mr.hackcrag wrote:>>>I'm not sure what you're talking about since I didn't play any MM game before. I just think they should clearly explain what people are voting for.
Here you have a riddle from MM6, where you need to visit five trees in dungeon to get password to open the door:

- The first is half the fourth plus one.
- The second is next to the third.
- The third is the first of twenty six.
- The fourth is eight from the end; Archibald is really your friend.
- The fifth is twice the second.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

MMX Voting #3

Unread postby hellegennes » 02 Jul 2013, 12:49

Does anyone remember the missing brother thing from MM3? Some people found that hard. There were brothers Alpha, Beta, Gama, Delta and Zeta and you had to know the name of the missing brother, which is quite obvious... if you know the Greek alphabet, that is...

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 02 Jul 2013, 13:36

Does anyone remember the missing brother thing from MM3? Some people found that hard. There were brothers Alpha, Beta, Gama, Delta and Zeta and you had to know the name of the missing brother, which is quite obvious... if you know the Greek alphabet, that is...
IIRC that quest was bugged that at some point one of brothers did not despawned and was stuck on same quest phase.

OneHour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMX Voting #3

Unread postby OneHour » 02 Jul 2013, 15:41

It could also mean something as "simple" as pressing a series of buttons or throwing a series of levers... in the correct order before one can pass on or reach a certain location. Such "puzzles" abounded in 6 and 7.

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: MMX Voting #3

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 02 Jul 2013, 18:42

OneHour wrote:It could also mean something as "simple" as pressing a series of buttons or throwing a series of levers... in the correct order before one can pass on or reach a certain location. Such "puzzles" abounded in 6 and 7.
That's what I was afraid of. The puzzle genre of video games is my second favorite, but there are very few games I've played that know how to make a sound and challenging puzzle; it doesn't sound like MM is one of those games. :(

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Jul 2013, 23:24

Tried voting but it would not recognize my uplay login. I tried to reset my password and received the email acknowledging the change. The site still would not recognize my login. I hope uplay is not need for MM X or I may not get to buy or play it. :(
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jul 2013, 09:25

You read this?
MMX requires Uplay for a one-time activation.

And the voting is now closed, with "balanced" taking a hands-down victory.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 Jul 2013, 00:12

Kalah wrote:You read this?
MMX requires Uplay for a one-time activation.

And the voting is now closed, with "balanced" taking a hands-down victory.
Reasonable, but I still can't get my uplay account to be recognized. At least I have a few months to work it out. I would have voted for balanced. :D

OneHour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MMX Voting #3

Unread postby OneHour » 07 Jul 2013, 11:52

It will REQUIRE U-play? Sigh! – Is there a way to go back and change my vote on the poll: Will you buy MMX? I voted “yes,” but I’m thinking a change to “maybe” might be appropriate.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

MMX Voting #3

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jul 2013, 12:11

@jeff: that's weird. You did all that change password stuff? Double checking that the e-mail was correct? I had the same problem as you, you see, but only for one day. If it persists, you should contact the Ubi forum managers.

jeff

Re: MMX Voting #3

Unread postby jeff » 07 Jul 2013, 13:42

Kalah wrote:@jeff: that's weird. You did all that change password stuff? Double checking that the e-mail was correct? I had the same problem as you, you see, but only for one day. If it persists, you should contact the Ubi forum managers.
Initially I tried to login but I was not recognized; so I tried to create an new account but it said that username was not available. I then tried forgot password; which got me an email with a link to reset the password. That was accepted and I got the confirmation email; but the site still would not recognize me. But as with you a day later it worked; must need time to migrate through their system. So all is good; which is great as I plan on buying MMX.

Return to “News”