H4 campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 04 Jun 2013, 16:22

Great picture! You are truly great mapmaker. I love the usage of flame of chaos artifact as a landscape feature. I would never thought of that! It looks sooo great.

PS: Could I also send a screenshot for a picture of day?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 05 Jun 2013, 16:19

Thanks for the nice comment, though I must admit I cheated a bit. In game the Flames of Chaos won't be showing on top of the pillars, unfortuantly. But with a quick stop by a the local photoeditor it sudden did :) But in general I tried to use several adventure objects as landscape features. Just had to block them off.
As for the Picture of the day, Kalah posted it without my knowledge (thanks btw). Not sure if you should post it in the Potd forum or just send it to CH ;|

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 11 Jun 2013, 21:13

Hmmm, all maps are rpg style? Because I prefer myself a war style maps. If there is a balance between rpg and war its ok, but all rpg campaign is too much for me.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 14 Jun 2013, 19:11

@Taro. No. There's alot of rpg, but there will also be alot of traditional 'build an army and squash your enemies'. Some maps contains only one style and others will start out as rpg and slowly progress to warstyle (e.g like map 4).
Maps 1 -3 are mostly rpg/quest based. Map 4 is a bit of both. Map 5 is traditional kill all enemies. Map 6 rpg/defend your Castle. Map 7 is mainly army based but with certain win condition other than just kill you enemies. Map 8 is rpg. And map 9 will be mostly rpg. The rest will also differ. But 15-16 maps with the only condition being: KILL ALL ENEMIES wouldn't excite me, personally. But some maps also allows you to decide wheter or not you wish to squash the AI. E.g. map 3 - main objective is to posion 5 wells and avoid being caught by the AI, but you could choose to defeat all. Offcourse some maps, like the first two, you'll have little options to build an army, as there are no Towns and only few dwellings. But I've tried to vari the maps and win conditions, so there'll be alittle bit of both. As mentioned earlier some maps, like map 4 also changes win cindition throughout the map.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Jun 2013, 15:04

Map #5 is now available in the testing area.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 16 Jun 2013, 20:28

Thanks. I might add that equilibris IS required to play map 5. You can't open it with just Winds of War. But Winds or War is also required. sorry if it was written misleadingly.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 08 Aug 2013, 21:13

I'm still alive, in case anyone wonders. Currently my testers are working hard on map 4 and 5. I plan on releasing map 1-5 together sometime in the fall (hopefully). Meanwhile a new starting point has been added to map 5 - Friend or Foe.

The newly transformed undead hero, starts inside the Mausoleum... Then walks out of this Mausoleum:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Aug 2013, 21:49

Can't wait to publish this thing. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 09 Aug 2013, 22:21

Great Kalah, me neither ;) Meanwhile, for those who don't plan on playing it, please enjoy the mainstory (also in this forum). It's based on the existing World of Axeoth and some of the official campaigns.. Providing both new and more background stories.. Hopefully the story of the 5. Chapter will be uploaded in a near future as well.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 09 Aug 2013, 22:36

I can't wait for this to be finished!

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 16 Aug 2013, 18:29

@: Xdarkon, I fear you might have to wait a year or more untill I'm all done :tired: but comments like your keeps this project alive. As mentioned Ihope to release the first 1/3 (map 1-5) this fall. I'm currently working on map 9, but map 6 and forth needs translations from Danish to English and testing. If anyone wanna contribute with anything, please let me know. E.g. if anyone could help perfecting the grammar (I use google's translator for quick translation but then have to perfect it). Even the tiniest Things could help speed up this project.
Also don't forget that map 1 & 3 is allready available as standalone maps. Just search my name as Author.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 18 Aug 2013, 22:44

I've just posted the story of the 5th chapter here: viewtopic.php?t=14004
(the map itself is still being balanced).

Please enjoy..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Sep 2013, 20:54

So 2.000+ views of the main story and almost 4.000 views on this post, yet I miss some comments. Just anything. Map 4 and 5 are still being balanced and alot of things keeps being added. The maps will feature different settings depending on chosen difficulty, so Champion players should expect a good challenge. I've updated the main story with 4 new text for map 4. 3 are found as 'added' in the end and one has been added to the wolf ambush text. That sequence will feature a 'long distance' combat with a hero that just pops in to save your day and then leave again for a short notice.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 15 Sep 2013, 22:13

My dear tester Maciek found some loopholes in map 3 'Don't pee in the water'. E.g he found out, that with a bit of cunningness you should be able to complete the poisoning task within just 1 day (timelimit is set to 7 days on champion setting). I wonder if anyone has 'stumbled' upon the same solution as he did? :creative: The map is available here on CH for downloading https://www.celestialheavens.com/search ... mit=Search.
I'll update the map with all holes closed, as soon as Maciek has approved it.
In the meantime hurry up and try it, while it's still possible to complete a 7 days ride in just one turn..

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 11 Oct 2013, 12:04

Please go here and vote for which face I should use for the skeleton Moorgué in map 5:
viewtopic.php?p=346393#346393

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 31 Oct 2013, 21:03

For those interested, status is this.
I still plan/hope to able to release the first 5 maps before new year.

I have minor adding to map 1, a few which still needs to be scripted and tested. After that, map needs to be tested with changes.

Map 2 is 100% test ok.

Map 3, I added some difficulty settings scripts and changed some conditions. Changes are currently being tested.

Map 4, might need 1 final test.

Map 5, balancing is still quite an issue (doesn't quite match difficulties yet).

Still a litlle while before these will be ready for uploading.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Oct 2013, 22:36

:oex:

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 10 Nov 2013, 20:49

update nov-10-13:
Map 1: I'm done adding the scripts needed. New update includes difficulty settings making win condition match difficulty settings - amount of resources required to win will increase with higher difficulties; from 50.000-80.000 gold and 50 gems.
Minor settings has been changed and some scripts has been added, allowing you to mine extra resources and/or produce workers, to mine extra resources.
Changes needs to be tested and champion win condition needs to be approved/balanced.

Map 3: Hopefully final changes has been added, as suggested by my dear tester Maciek (it's been done in reversed order this time - testing what's possible - then adding changes according to it..)
But to quote Maciek who tests it on champion, "..I tested that and Bakrus reached the source with his last movement point.." (see win conditions in earlier post)

Also alot of changes has been added, making sure that higher difficulties are in for a good challenge..

So hopefully I can aim my focus on the balancing of map 5..

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 02 Dec 2013, 10:02

so map 1-3 all passed their tests and map 4 is just a question of polishing some minor last minute addings. Map 5 is the only one left, lacking some balancing.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Dec 2013, 10:59

Cool.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”