Skill Summary

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby Shoaura » 10 Sep 2011, 10:38

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/782

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby Shoaura » 10 Sep 2011, 10:38

Excellent job Aurelain! Will there be a downloadable version in the near future, like there was for H5?

Aurelain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby Aurelain » 10 Sep 2011, 14:07

@Shoaura

It wouldn't be too hard to create a downloadable version, but we should first wait and see if people really need it offline. Without actually playing the game ( :) ), I can't tell if the Summary would be useful as more than an info tool.

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Summary

Unread postby decebalus » 10 Sep 2011, 19:03

thats a very good job! thx

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Skill Summary

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Sep 2011, 00:05

Very good job, Aurelain. I was telling Pol how good these applets were and I'm glad I could tell personally now. ;)

Hopefully, when the game is released on October, there won't be much things to change. :)
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Skill Summary

Unread postby HodgePodge » 11 Sep 2011, 00:37

Looks great. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Skill Summary

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Sep 2011, 02:01

Hum, do you people see that Stronghold Magicians get the widest range of choices? And they all go deep in development. It's like the barbarians are better taught in spellcasting than anyone else. :D
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Shoaura
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby Shoaura » 11 Sep 2011, 10:00

@Aurelain

I think you're right on that... especially if things do not change. It made sense with the H5 wheel with the various abilities and combinations. Not so with H6 where if you truly wanted, all of your skill points could be just the first tier of abilities; causing no need to have it offline.

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Summary

Unread postby krs » 11 Sep 2011, 10:43

Excellent tool as always. Than you.

Here some feedback from my side:

Great addition would be to allow us to save a hero with his skills and the order in which it took them. (than load it on your tool and learn :) ).

Overall:

- Make it wider! I doubt there are many people playing H6 with a screen less than 1280. (School specific tab will benefit from that).

Normal view:

- School specific Specializations. Show them all. If I want to build a hero it is hard to navigate through the arrows. (Show the selected one bigger with left/right arrows like for now and below a table with all the possible specializations for that class (small icons)).

- Reputation: I find it easier if you include both tear trees with the one not selected grayed out. (It is easy to decide between might and magic but the blood paths is a little harder. So being able to compare side b side the 2 paths would make it easier).

Show hidden skills: Very useful view!

- There are no individual buttons for Faction Abilities / Specialization / Reputation (make them appear above the Crown button when in overview mode)

- All these individual tabs should fit in one page (make it wider)

- Faction ability overview: make icons in one column instead of 2 intercalated (this will make them fit in one screen and save some space for future factions)

- Specialization: Separate heroic strikes and add one additional row so they fit in one screen.

or.... leave the hero specializations as a table and put the rest of School specific in a small "skill wheel" (if you know what one looks like :) ). From the center: Inner most 8 circles for 8 factions, then a big Circle divided in 8 sectors and 3 rows (for reputation abilities) then on the outside of the big circle faction ability and heroic strike.

Take from the above what you find useful and implementable in a reasonable amount of time :)
Edited on Sun, Sep 11 2011, 06:55 by krs

spamm_ru
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby spamm_ru » 12 Sep 2011, 05:29

@Aurelain

Excellent work! Again!
Thank you.

Ability parameters not simple:

Aurelain
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby Aurelain » 16 Sep 2011, 08:33

@krs

Thanks for the ideas, some are quite interesting. I think I will incorporate your wish for a wider applet. About saving your hero configuration, you noticed that you can copy the link at the bottom and bookmark it, right? Indeed, the _order_ in which you took the skills is currently disregarded, but I could implement the feature, if truly needed.

@spamm_ru

That's... scary :).

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Skill Summary

Unread postby krs » 17 Sep 2011, 20:58

@Aurelian The idea behind saving the order of taking the skills is that some "perfect" builds for some heroes could be exemplified (in guides or in forum posts) enlarging in this way the scope of your tool.

Martysto
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby Martysto » 14 Oct 2011, 17:48

Think a offline exe version would be nice too! Maybe not as usefull as the skillwheel for heroes 5 but still we could check specific skills without launching the game. I have to thank you so much for this heroes 5 skill wheel, it helps me and my friends a lot ... Thank you!

Bhola
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby Bhola » 29 Jul 2012, 22:47

A great tool.

I saw a small bug. I was planning my Sanctuary Magic Tears hero and encountered this: When I spend point in Earth Magic, the total number of points spent shows up under Fire Magic button.

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Skill Summary

Unread postby Queen Hera » 02 Mar 2013, 03:08

I refer to this Skill Wheel a lot. (Did the same with H5). Its really helpful.

I agree with the others that said an offline version would be great.

Thanks Aurelain.

havoc_85
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby havoc_85 » 16 May 2013, 14:02

I already sent you an Email saying thanks for this Skill-Summery tool and for the Heroes 5 skill-wheel (which was *AMAZING*) but I have just to say it again.

Thanks a lot man. You are an internet Hero.

For the players that is using this epic tool - where are you posting your build links?

I tried searching in the forums but I couldn't find any...
Edited on Thu, May 16 2013, 10:04 by havoc_85

ToniG
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby ToniG » 23 May 2013, 17:13

Will it be updated?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Skill Summary

Unread postby Kalah » 24 May 2013, 10:37

Don't know, but I guess we can hope. But maybe it's best to wait until we know that the game is pathed to completion?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jun 2013, 23:18

It turns out that the answer is yes. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

NvR
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Skill Summary

Unread postby NvR » 18 Jun 2013, 06:53

I think I'm not the only guy who would better use an autonomous version of it...

Return to “Articles”