H6 Patch 2.1 Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 11 May 2013, 19:59

English is not my first language and I don't speak Latin :P But thanks, I'll keep it in mind.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 May 2013, 19:59

Replayed necro final mission from save and been trapped for eternity.

And so on, and so on, so on...

Otherwise no crashes, playing time was about six hrs.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 15 May 2013, 03:22

Pathfinding skill does not work. I wonder what more can surprise me.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 15 May 2013, 12:54

ywhtptgtfo wrote:Pathfinding skill does not work. I wonder what more can surprise me.
Did it ever work fine before? (meaning patches 1.1/1.2/1.3/etc)?
Last edited by Naki on 17 May 2013, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
May the Implosion be with you!

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 16 May 2013, 14:02

I am not surprised.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 21 May 2013, 02:20

Naki wrote:
ywhtptgtfo wrote:Pathfinding skill does not work. I wonder what more can surprise me.
Did it ever work fine before? (meaning patches 1.1/1.2/1.3/etc)?
No idea. I am not their QA team. That's something they should find out.

Cendragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Not able to get to 2nd Crag Hack campaign

Unread postby Cendragon » 28 May 2013, 19:26

I can't play the 2nd Crag Hack campaign, Pirates of the Savage Sea, because after installing SoD the game is treating it as the Dungeon Campaign. After I finished the first map, it takes me to the Dungeon map main screen, showing me those missions, but clicking on Continue does nothing. I believe this is because I haven't actually played the Dungeon campaign yet. Tech support logged it but I have little hope of this being fixed anytime soon.

Zenobis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Not able to get to 2nd Crag Hack campaign

Unread postby Zenobis » 29 May 2013, 02:10

Cendragon wrote:I can't play the 2nd Crag Hack campaign, Pirates of the Savage Sea, because after installing SoD the game is treating it as the Dungeon Campaign. After I finished the first map, it takes me to the Dungeon map main screen, showing me those missions, but clicking on Continue does nothing. I believe this is because I haven't actually played the Dungeon campaign yet. Tech support logged it but I have little hope of this being fixed anytime soon.
Saved games prior to patch 2.1 are incompatible with SoD. You must start PotSS over again for it to work properly.

Cendragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cendragon » 29 May 2013, 16:23

Zenobis wrote:Saved games prior to patch 2.1 are incompatible with SoD. You must start PotSS over again for it to work properly.
I never played PotSS until after I had installed patch 2.1 so it's not an issue of an incompatible save game. It's treating PotSS as if it's the Dungeon Campaign; that's the problem.

Zenobis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenobis » 29 May 2013, 17:08

Cendragon wrote:
Zenobis wrote:Saved games prior to patch 2.1 are incompatible with SoD. You must start PotSS over again for it to work properly.
I never played PotSS until after I had installed patch 2.1 so it's not an issue of an incompatible save game. It's treating PotSS as if it's the Dungeon Campaign; that's the problem.
Yes, I recognize your issue. PotSS jumps to DM. You said "after installing SoD", so it sounded like you had installed SoD mid-campaign. Anyway, do a search. Others reported the exact problem you have and it was tied to a game started before installing 2.1 or SoD. I'll wager if you start over, it will work properly. I'm just relaying the info from the official forum.

See this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/76 ... ost9077645

Cendragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cendragon » 30 May 2013, 15:57

Zenobis wrote:Yes, I recognize your issue. PotSS jumps to DM. You said "after installing SoD", so it sounded like you had installed SoD mid-campaign. Anyway, do a search. Others reported the exact problem you have and it was tied to a game started before installing 2.1 or SoD. I'll wager if you start over, it will work properly. I'm just relaying the info from the official forum.

See this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/76 ... ost9077645
Thanks for your help! I was nervous to play the whole first map over again if I was only going to be stuck but it looks like that will work.

Zenobis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenobis » 30 May 2013, 17:25

Let us know if it works out for you. That solution apparently quieted those complaining of the issue.

Cendragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cendragon » 30 May 2013, 21:02

After I finish the map I'll let everyone know if it works. The only thing that concerns me at this point is that Crag Hack's specialization is Plunder, which gives him +1 Dragon Crystal per week. However, I've since attempted to create a new hero and assign them this ability and it doesn't work for them either. On further investigation I found this posting on Steam way back in September that this was a known bug so I can only scratch my head that they haven't been able to fix it.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8931/

On the positive side I did get my account crediting with 300 Uplay points. :)

Cendragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cendragon » 31 May 2013, 15:25

I just finished the first map of the PotSS and was able to successfully get to the next map so the solution was to not start with an old save prior to patching to 2.1. Thanks for the help!

Loki66
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Loki66 » 18 Jun 2013, 21:33

The Azkaal Inferno fight became impossible thanks to what I assume are bugs. First, Mark of Consumption doesn't actually increase ensuing fire damage. Second, the Ill Blood (frenzy) move doesn't work on enemies that are not adjacent to anyone (in the past, this would keep the enemy from moving for 2 turns). As a result, the fight went from insanely difficult to literally impossible.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 19 Jun 2013, 19:46

It's me or Kingdom Overview option/button is gone?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 20 Jun 2013, 19:19

Pressing O still works for me.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Jun 2013, 14:38

Yes, I found it eventually in keys option, but I am pretty sure, that before 50SoP version, there was button for this too.

Anyway, I found at last free time to play 50SoP campaigns and Necropolis one is bugged under version 2.1.1 - quest progress scripts (from mission 2 and 3) often don't work and even loading game not always help.

Usually when I done quest objectives, game acknowledge it not right away but in enemy turn, and if some unit/hero need to move to my hero, he doesn't and game freeze. Not to mention that sometimes even this not work and even if quest is completed, it still marked as grey (not green) in quest book.
For example - in second Necro map, at the end you need to defeat two dungeon Library Guard factions to open gate. I have done that, but even when game has "2/2 defeated" in log, quest still wasn't complete and gate was closed. After few loads it worked eventually.

Same problem with mission 3 and those gates. Mission 1 and Dungeon campaign seem to be fine.

Also in Dungeon mission 4 I choose Blood path for Raelag but I get secondary quest for Tears hero - rebuild Trening Centre (+100 Tears points). I can't complete it and I didn't see any +100 Blood points quest there.

Thanatoeil
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Thanatoeil » 26 Jun 2013, 16:38

The button for Kingdom Overview is the Arrow button in the bottom left hand corner.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 17 Aug 2013, 09:18

Two new bugs I encountered:
1) Intro movie shows only bottom part, TOP part is black/blank.
Support says this may be related to Windows Update update with number KB2803821 (Windows Vista, 7, and 8) and KB2834904 (for Windows XP).
I uninstalled it, which did not fix the issue. Then however, after 1-2 days, I installed the update again, and the half-screen issue seems solved.

2) UBI Launcher crashes, can't run game. Restarting the PC fixes this for a while, then after a certain event and/or few hours, the crashes start again. Then an update for the UBI Launcher came out, which may have fixed this crash.

It seems both bugs are fixed now, but I can't say for sure, because I don't have the time to play the game now.
(And in fact have not played in the last 2-3 months.)

Have any of your encountered the above bugs? Are they still there, or does it work fine now?
May the Implosion be with you!

Return to “Heroes V-VI”