Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 01 Jan 2013, 13:20

I think you had to walk your shooters to the tower.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Jan 2013, 13:29

c1a1 wrote:Somebody that actually managed to place shooters in the tower please tell me how you did it.
It seems you don't understand our answers.
During the tactics phase, drag and drop a stack of shooters into the central tower. But, as I said, it doesn't always work. I don't know why.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 01 Jan 2013, 13:50

wimfrits wrote:
c1a1 wrote:Somebody that actually managed to place shooters in the tower please tell me how you did it.
During the tactics phase, drag and drop a stack of shooters into the central tower. But, as I said, it doesn't always work. I don't know why.
Drag and drop is the first thing I've tried and it never worked for me all it does is dropping the shooters out of the battle, well, thanks for your answer, now at least I know it's just another of this game's endless string of bugs.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 01 Jan 2013, 17:55

Ah. I remember with H4 I discovered a new tactic every time I played. With H6 I discover a new bug every time ;)
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2013, 11:33

Variol wrote:My simple question is:

What's the bottom line. Is it a good game (maybe now that it's patched) or not?

A friend said about a month ago that it's his favourite one yet. That threw me for a loop!
Anybody??

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jan 2013, 11:37

Well, at the current price you get some value for money. It depends if you consider yourself a casual player or a serious gamer with high demands from balance and such. As a casual player, you will no doubt have quite a few hours of fun with H6, if you're looking for a serious challenge, the bugs and balance issues that are left will torment you.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 05 Jan 2013, 11:40

A friend said about a month ago that it's his favourite one yet. That threw me for a loop!
You are wrong - this question is NOT simple! Anyway, the answer is - the game is horribly bugged, still.
May the Implosion be with you!

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Jan 2013, 16:17

Variol wrote:

Anybody??
H6 is having pretty visuals and simplified everything else. And still many bugs, so true.

If you don't request visuals and instead prefer some depth of game play, then rumours say that you may try Fallen Enchantress (standalone sequel), as Master of Magic style of game. :devious:

Or Masters of the Broken World in near future. But, these are just rumours..

~rumour 2 source
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

tomberland
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tomberland » 08 Jan 2013, 21:20

Pol wrote:
Variol wrote:

Anybody??
H6 is having pretty visuals and simplified everything else. And still many bugs, so true.

If you don't request visuals and instead prefer some depth of game play, then rumours say that you may try Fallen Enchantress (standalone sequel), as Master of Magic style of game. :devious:

Or Masters of the Broken World in near future. But, these are just rumours..

~rumour 2 source

speaking of Elemental: Fallen Enchantress, is it really worth buying ?
what do you guys think about it ? I browse on some video games websites and the grades of this game do not seem to be that high...

reeeload
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby reeeload » 20 Jan 2013, 14:27

how to add boss into map? i cant find it in map editor.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 20 Jan 2013, 21:52

They were added to editor in one of latest patches, so make sure you have game version 1.8 first:

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/24vjlvp.png[/img]

Cendragon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cendragon » 20 May 2013, 19:12

c1a1 wrote:
wimfrits wrote:
Drag and drop is the first thing I've tried and it never worked for me all it does is dropping the shooters out of the battle, well, thanks for your answer, now at least I know it's just another of this game's endless string of bugs.
I've had the exact same problem. Except dragging and dropping during the tactics phase has never worked and I also haven't been able to make a creature walk into the central tower during a battle.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 20 May 2013, 19:35

Walking into the tower works for me. I haven't tried tactics though.

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 06 Aug 2013, 13:09

Is there a way to disable/remove the screen that says "press any key to start the game"?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 11 Aug 2013, 16:27

Yes, there is.

Go to Documents HoMM6/User name folder, open ProfileData file with for example Notepad and search for:

<LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>true</LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>

Change true to false and you no longer need to hit any key (not to mention to find the key first :P).

c1a1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby c1a1 » 18 Aug 2013, 15:16

Avonu wrote:Yes, there is.

Go to Documents HoMM6/User name folder, open ProfileData file with for example Notepad and search for:

<LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>true</LoadingscreenWaitForKeypress>

Change true to false and you no longer need to hit any key (not to mention to find the key first :P).
Thanks a lot, really helpful.

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elementaritas » 11 Apr 2014, 17:30

hello. new to the game, have some simple(?) questions.
only one for starters:)

now playing Necropolis campaign.

sometimes during battles I am able to resurrect Lamasu creatures and sometimes I can't (though can every other creature). why's that?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Apr 2014, 18:50

elementaritas wrote:hello. new to the game, have some simple(?) questions.
only one for starters:)

now playing Necropolis campaign.

sometimes during battles I am able to resurrect Lamasu creatures and sometimes I can't (though can every other creature). why's that?
Check if you have appropiate skill level and charge.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

elementaritas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby elementaritas » 11 Apr 2014, 19:02

oh, it's not enough charge sometimes, since during same battle sometimes I can and sometimes cannot resurrect them.

different kind of question - I have two artifacts my heroes carries that I do not know purpose/powers. it's Golden Egg (Mysterious Egg) and Pretty Comb (Quest Item). Can I do something useful with them? Because it's already 4th map of campaign and I think this Pretty Comb lied in my backpack since 1st or 2nd map without any usage..

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 11 Apr 2014, 19:54

elementaritas wrote:oh, it's not enough charge sometimes, since during same battle sometimes I can and sometimes cannot resurrect them.

different kind of question - I have two artifacts my heroes carries that I do not know purpose/powers. it's Golden Egg (Mysterious Egg) and Pretty Comb (Quest Item). Can I do something useful with them? Because it's already 4th map of campaign and I think this Pretty Comb lied in my backpack since 1st or 2nd map without any usage..
Golden Egg become Golden Goose, generating you some money. Needs some time to be hatched ;)
Comb will be needed at right time, that's all what I can say without spoiling the story.

Is your game fully patched? What version of the game are you playing?
It may be damaged save, or you encountered something new and buggy.
"We made it!"

Return to “Heroes V-VI”