M&M Solo

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

M&M Solo

Unread postby koval321 » 05 May 2013, 08:19

Am interested to hear experiences from playing any M&M game with one character. Already read somewhere that WoX is possible by Ninja and Ranger.

Am now trying to beat WoX with Human Sorcier on Warrior level. What I can tell is that it look easier from Ninja and Druid (which am tried before) Am make progress with both to 11 level and can tell that it was easier.

Fight- he is good investition as later have most impressive offensive spells, but he seem to be also good in close combat after drink many barrels

Treasures- well he cant get any (from chests) but am put all my money and gems to bank, so am no suffer from lack of gold

Healing- already am running to temple (and have enough gold for that) but later with good protection spells he wouldnt need this so bad, also am always escape from battle with boss and hit him again from distance.

Travell- one person cant go trough forest or mountains, but jump and etheralize do this job. Jump require only 4 spell points so am jump trough entire forest

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 05 May 2013, 23:04

Dungeon of Lost Souls would be the first genuinely hard place because of the training cap of level 50 unless you want to burn all your permanent level ups there. Also you have to drink the negative soul waters, so you will need to drag a dummy character over.

I can't think of an essential quest that requires thievery, but there are several side quests that do. Most of the doors can be bashed in when required.

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 09 May 2013, 12:55

Am also interested to play again M&M8 solo (never tried before) Maybe this game is design for that possibility as it start with one. 6 and 7 when kill party members (by drink something explosive etc.) Am wonder if one person would faster level up alone.

MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 09 May 2013, 14:36

I've personnaly tried the MM8 solo. I tried to solo it with a Minotaur. But arrived at the last quests i finally gave up because it bored me alot.
(I stopped when i had collected 2 of the 4 elemental hearts)
Yes it seems designed for solo but i used killed party members to have more place in my inventory.
The bag of one character only is really much too small. I really couldn't play with on bag only.
From this experience, i confirm for the level up!
As you have to fight most of the enemies as you don't have elemental magic, you accumulate a great amount of experience and level up very fast.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 09 May 2013, 18:30

Currently running MM8 solo with a dark elf. Would be a lot easier if they had master alchemy, but most places have been surprisingly easy.

Outside areas are great for grinding xp, but any clustered room that you can't run in/out of will absolutely destroy you. I managed to get a carnage bow (Devilbone), but that still made Plane of Fire a pain to do anything with (had to bring a separate bow) other than run invisible. I imagine I will start massively using invisibility at this point for the Planes of Air and Earth. I'm most afraid of what happens when I get to the crystal.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 11 May 2013, 22:55

First room in the crystal was every bit as hard as I figured. Once I got past that, clearing the rest of the crystal and Escaton's palace were relatively trivial. Cleared out the prison of the fire lord with a few potions, and could have cleared all the outside and the earth and air prisons as well, but it didn't seem worth it at this point, so I ran through the rest of the prisons with invisibility. Clearing the dragon's cave in Regna was mildly amusing due to how easy it was.

Level 109 dark elf
2 years 9 months 9 days

Because so much of the experience in the game is tied into quests (especially the master bounty hunter), I didn't feel I ever got more than 5-6 levels higher than I would have otherwise which felt like a complete waste. Then again, with only expert accessible, I'm sure it would have been different with a lich or a dragon. When I played lich/dragon I had enough xp to train past 300.

MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 12 May 2013, 10:02

The fact i leveled up more with minotaur is because i had to fight most of the enemies as i had no magic.
As Minotaurs don't have GM armaster like a champion or GM mace like a troll, the key point is to use the self magic and enhance his fighting capacities with Bless, fate and Heroism.
Using Berserker can sometime be very usefull too when we begin to be weaker.
They also have the great capacity of Mastering disarm trap that permits to economize many HP but in the other hand, not having repair item is very annoying.
As i had to fight nearly all enemies, it became very boring. I was over 2years of game time when i stopped it because of the endless fights.
It was ok and not too hard until after we sink the Regna Fleet. From the alliances to Regna, it was fairly fun and not too hard.
But at the moment we reach the elemental planes we begin to see the weaknesses on long term of the character.

I have far better memories (and had loads of fun) of my MM6 solo with a knight.

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 28 May 2013, 08:25

Ever do it with a vampire ?

At first I didn't think that was possible, but looks the hardest part was really tied to get u promoted. After that, u can create whole lot of invisibility potion and spam mistform and went around mostly unnoticed.

Fighting wasn't really a must, but if u want to, try to get 1 on 1, vampire very good at that kind of fight.

Return to “Might and Magic”