H6 Patch 2.1 Bugs

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

H6 Patch 2.1 Bugs

Unread postby Kalah » 03 May 2013, 05:52

May 2nd 2013 --->
Last edited by Anonymous on 14 Aug 2014, 15:39, edited 3 times in total.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 03 May 2013, 14:02

1) Slow time to exit - not fixed.

2) Copyright shows as 2012, should be 2011-2013.

3) My Campaign progress (Offline mode) seems gone - or at least the UI/menus to access it, although saves are there.
NOTE: I do not own the 2 smaller expansions/DLCs or SoD yet.
EDIT: FIXED by switching the game to Online mode, then back to Offline mode!!

4) Using Heroes VI UBI version (non-Steam), unable to install the patch at all, when using a small (3-4 GB) RAM drive as the Windows TEMP drive.
The patcher should have the size of the TEMP partition in mind and offer another drive to be used, or use another drive automatically.
EDIT: Also, instead of showing a meaningful error message, the patcher just crashed with a Windows error. I expected a message saying "Not enough disk space, unable to install patch!" or some such.

I had to download the whole 2 GB+ patch manually, change the TEMP to a larger drive and restart Windows, then try again.
The RAM drive software I am using is AMD Radeon RAMDisk.
Last edited by Naki on 14 May 2013, 13:44, edited 5 times in total.
May the Implosion be with you!

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 03 May 2013, 17:53

(1) Music is stuck at 10% volume which is not affected by the slider on the options panel. This was already the case before this patch.

(2) This may be a feature rather than a bug but I'll still mention it.

If you reload a save, any nearby treasure diminishes in value compared to the first try and is no longer random if you try again.

This, too, was already the case before this patch.

(3) If you load a save, the path that you have set for your heroes may now run in the opposite direction.

It was already so before this patch and IIRC the same bug was present in previous editons of HoMM.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 May 2013, 01:24

I hear the devs are hard at work trying to fix the things connected to mixups on the server end.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 04 May 2013, 02:14

These problems must be version-based or system-based. I encountered none of these. The progress of my campaigns has not changed at all (I own both DLCs but not the expansion, yet). The only error I got was during the installation of the patch. I had changed the name of the desktop shortcut and the patch could not find it so I got an error message which was something like "error - failed at desktop icon". The patch still created a desktop shortcut; it just was a fresh one, which makes reporting of the error redundant.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 04 May 2013, 16:22

The mana cost of Life Drain keep going up.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 04 May 2013, 17:22

OK, partly my bad - re-ran the game in Online mode, than back in Offline mode, and my Original version Campaign progress and ability to load save games fixed itself. This never happened with older patches, so it is a bug, albeit a small one. :) So issue 3) is fixed for me.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 05 May 2013, 00:15

The second tutorial campaign, The Emperor's Will, is still bugged.

Terrain changes from flat to rough when you first load a savefile.

Also in Tutorial II, the Guardian Angel gauge, even when fully filled, cannot be used, edit: until you go through the Spirit Gate.
Last edited by Ribannah on 09 May 2013, 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 05 May 2013, 22:07

Black screen during combat

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 May 2013, 07:40

ywhtptgtfo wrote:Black screen during combat
DURING or AT TRYING to start/begin a battle?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 06 May 2013, 17:07

I got two when trying to start a battle, black screen with music and sounds. Had to exit the game, but the battles don't cause any problems when I restart. Once was a fort battle, the other some random stack. I can't see any connections between them.

Something I noticed with several Dungeon units: The attack animations are mixed up. With some creatures, the animation of an enemy getting hit play first, then the animation of the ally performing the attack. It's best noticed with the Faceless' lucky attack. First the enemy falls down in a cloud of purple smoke, then the Faceless charges the spell. Kind of looks like they're stealing their souls. This will always happen when the unit attacks, but not with every attack. For example, the Faceless' regular attack is performed in the correct order. Other troops I've seen this with: Manticor, unupgraded, regular attack. Black Dragon, I think the upgraded version, lucky attack.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 07 May 2013, 01:40

Game hangs up when it is Abyssal Worm's turn and there's only a Black Dragon and a Feigned Dead unit on your side.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 09 May 2013, 00:28

Combat A.I. hangs during a siege when a tower tries to shoot.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 09 May 2013, 03:29

Random quick combat crashes. Likely stack overflow or infinite loop.

Still cannot right-mouse click enemy heroes in combat

Chakram dancer's special rarely works if your hero is on defense (right side of map)

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 09 May 2013, 08:39

I've had several freezes, didn't ever get that before the patch.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 May 2013, 10:44

Does the game then unfreeze again or is the freeze permanent, requiring a restart?

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 09 May 2013, 19:57

During the second Necro mission, I got the option to drink whatshername's blood or not. The only rewards listed were attack or defense boni, but choosing the blood option changed Vein's alignment to blood. Not too bad since I was going for it, but I would have preferred an advance warning like with Sandor and Irina. Also, this set my blood points to 250 (I had about 240 before) and they're stuck like this now. Nothing I do (battle skills, attack fleeing enemies) will increase my blood reputation beyond 250.

Ribannah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ribannah » 10 May 2013, 09:07

Kalah wrote:Does the game then unfreeze again or is the freeze permanent, requiring a restart?
Sometimes it unfreezes after a few minutes, but not always.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 May 2013, 10:17

- The "content locked" issue should now be fixed for almost all users. Work continues to fix the rest.
- There are broken keys (especially in Russia and Poland). The problem has been found and the devs are working to correct it.
- Pre-order bonuses are not properly unlocked: investigation ongoing, solution hopefully found soon.
- Some users are also experiencing full Black Screens while running the game, running a video or before starting a battle. The devs are unable to reproduce this error and need your help.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 11 May 2013, 16:40

Ell1e wrote:The only rewards listed were attack or defense boni...
I know it's off topic but there's no "boni" in either English or Latin as plural of a noun. "Bonus" is an adjective in Latin and a noun in English, while the Latin noun is "bonum". Its plural is "bonuses" in English and "bona" in latin (boni is singular genitive).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”