Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 10 Apr 2013, 16:17

Reading this my first thought was, HoP is just kidding us. But then I realised, today isn't April the 1st any more. :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 11 Apr 2013, 14:01

Koni wrote:Reading this my first thought was, HoP is just kidding us. But then I realised, today isn't April the 1st any more. :D
Indeed my friend, I kid you not! I have spent somewhere in between 10-12 hours the last 2 days working on Sighisoara related material!

Not only will the release of MoS2 give us a new campaign (Yurian has btw given his word to release MoS2 before the end of the month) but it will give the players and fans of us a whole new introduction to the lore of Sighisoara, I think it is fair to put it that way anyways.

I would like to host some kind of a competition for who can finish the MoS2 campaign the fastest, gametime that is and send out a fun little Sighisoara related price.

Would anyone be interested in that? :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Star King
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Star King » 15 Apr 2013, 06:55

I'd be interested. But I guess first I have to get around to completing the first campaign. Heh.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 16 Apr 2013, 22:02

Star King wrote:I'd be interested. But I guess first I have to get around to completing the first campaign. Heh.
One of my current projects in work could help you to be able to play without playing any of our other works! HOWEVER I recommend you play through the map Prime Suspect that is the Prolouge to MoS2 before playing MoS2! Consider the competition to be held!! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 18 Apr 2013, 04:34

I have HUGE news to reveal to you guys... Seriously HUGE news once MoSII comes out they shall be revealed... They are out of the ordinary... Can't reveal anything at this point... But I just woke up now, 0630, tired as heell.. Read theese news and I was close to jumping out of my bed in pure joy from reading... This is indeed the BIGGEST news ever to be revealed, maybe even by any hobby mapmaker in the history of this site...

Just a little EDIT: You guys remember me telling you that I had something HUGE in the works and that I thought it would probably turn into nothing. Turns out I was wrong. We actually got exactly what we wanted.

AND here is my clue to you guys figuring out what it is:

PAR
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 20 Apr 2013, 17:52

Update:

MoS II is near completion according to the latest status report by Yurian aiming to release it in a few days!

You will get your answer to the clue I gave you at the same time! And oohh am I excited! I just want to give it out now now now! :D
"By the power of Zelas!"

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 27 Apr 2013, 14:03

It could take a while until Romero writes and send you that music, if even he does it. Beside, most people play with music disabled so will be interesting just as piece of art, nothing to do with mapmaking breaking news. Last time I enabled music in Heroes was 6 years ago I think.

Very nice you got his attention, I saw the video. :D

Star King
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Star King » 27 Apr 2013, 14:35

You sure about that? I personally play with music.

Anyways, that's amazing news :hoo:

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 27 Apr 2013, 18:04

Got tired after a while. But if new track good, will be back, until I get bored again. :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 28 Apr 2013, 22:08

I received it about a week ago so it is all done, damn you for finding out! Still waiting for Yurian to send in MoS2, haven't heard from him in days which really worries me!

Anyways, Paul Anthony Romero is in on the project and his music is finished ;)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Apr 2013, 22:25

It's certainly the first time I've ever heard of that the artist responsible for the original game music takes the time to make something for a fan project ... :)

How to distribute, though? Include an .mp3 in the .ZIP folder?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 28 Apr 2013, 23:01

Kalah wrote:It's certainly the first time I've ever heard of that the artist responsible for the original game music takes the time to make something for a fan project ... :)

How to distribute, though? Include an .mp3 in the .ZIP folder?
I know, I am so happy Paul took the time to do this for us!
Yeah that was what I was thinking :) I have to figure out how to include it in the game though... I think you may need to name it like an in game tune and put it in mp3folder or something like that? :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Apr 2013, 23:03

Probably something like that. You could try it now with a file you make yourself. Then include a short tutorial in the readme.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 29 Apr 2013, 03:06

Actually I sit by my at the moment half dead computer.. I am in safe mode so can pretty much surf the web and nothing more... Kinda sucks :/
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 03 May 2013, 12:07

I finally got in touch with Yurian again a few days ago.. It seems like his mapmaking had suffered for personal irl issues.. So at the moment, I am really sad to say that it seems like MoS2 is late for release..
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 May 2013, 12:20

Maybe we should shout at you like we do to the Ubi people? Well, at least we don't pay you guys ... ;)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 03 May 2013, 12:22

Yeah, this was bad news haha.. Really thought Yurian would fix this by the end of the month.. I saw his "to do list" and it wasn't that long.
But I am not really in a position to complain considering the fact that I have been quite absent... A few times haha...
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 May 2013, 13:09

Yep, I think we can all appreciate what a drain RL can be. ;)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 13 May 2013, 07:36

Kalah wrote:Yep, I think we can all appreciate what a drain RL can be. ;)
Yes, last time I heard from Yurian he were going to try to get it released today. So any day now!
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

May Update

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 May 2013, 08:22

I think it's time for me to pop in to say hello. :) I'm not dead or anything, just recovering from the latest spell under that ever-present, cyclically manifesting depression of mine. Yes, sometimes it's hard but I think I'll pull through. I always have and here's hoping I always do.

Status of Masters of Sighisoara II Campaign as of May 18th 2013

Map 1: completed
Map 2: hero bios still only partially finished, with four of them to go,
otherwise the map is as good as completed
Map 3: nearly complete, some minor balance issues still unsolved
Map 4: now this is the real bugger that annoys me to no end,
I need Max's help to finish this one. What is needed:
advise on how to finish balancing the map, some alterations to
hero bios' would be nice to have, story bits checked once more
Map 5: re-balancing is most likely required before the map is "good
enough" to be released

Campaign cutscenes, intros and outros: 80% finished

Please help the MoS Team to write off these sorrows from the list! ;)

"Ask, and ye shall receive"

Yurian Stonebow
One of the Masters of Sighisoara
(although not of the Romanian one)
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”