Ideas for next mods

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 26 Apr 2006, 10:32

2 ideas for more equilibration on multiplayer game:

first is about flee, hoster and joiner loose mouvement and xp when he flee

second is about suicide heroe tu gain moove (level 1 transport death heroes), when you died you loose moove and xp......

what do you think ?!!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Apr 2006, 12:31

Dalai wrote:For examle, did you know that targets on quicksand lose some defense?
Didnt know that either!I mean I use that spell from time to time,but now,Im in love with it!

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 26 Apr 2006, 13:10

DaemianLucifer wrote:
Dalai wrote:For examle, did you know that targets on quicksand lose some defense?
Didnt know that either!I mean I use that spell from time to time,but now,Im in love with it!
Neither did I! Still it's one of the useless combat spells imo.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 26 Apr 2006, 13:48

first is about flee, hoster and joiner loose mouvement and xp when he flee
This is a real problem, we have it in our bug-list
second is about suicide heroe tu gain moove (level 1 transport death heroes), when you died you loose moove and xp......
Frankly, I don't see what can be done :(
Still it's one of the useless combat spells imo.
I disagree. In H4 it's very useful, unlike in H3. Every faction has some ways to escape immediate hit from the enemy. Life - Song of Peace, Order - Slow, Bind Flyer, Blind, etc, Death - Fatigue and Terror, Chaos - Confusion and Cloud of Confusion, Nature - Wasp Swarm and ... Quicksand!
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

HPfan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HPfan » 26 Apr 2006, 14:09

Quote:

I disagree. In H4 it's very useful, unlike in H3. Every faction has some ways to escape immediate hit from the enemy. Life - Song of Peace, Order - Slow, Bind Flyer, Blind, etc, Death - Fatigue and Terror, Chaos - Confusion and Cloud of Confusion, Nature - Wasp Swarm and ... Quicksand!
So do I! Quicksand is 5-level-like spell. It's great, you can stop your enemies and shoot them!

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 26 Apr 2006, 14:22

Quote:

So do I! Quicksand is 5-level-like spell. It's great, you can stop your enemies and shoot them!
If you can to shoot! :disagree: not all times you can to shot. and not all creators know to shot. :)
Black Dragon...

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 26 Apr 2006, 15:23

(Quicksand) Still it's one of the useless combat spells imo.
Man, you don't know what you're saying! Quicksand is one of the most powerful nature spells there is. Walkers can be simply slaughered till they reach you. For example, I could defeat 25 megadragons with just about 30 monks and 100 crossbowmen :proud:

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 26 Apr 2006, 15:53

Crusard wrote:
(Quicksand) Still it's one of the useless combat spells imo.
Man, you don't know what you're saying! Quicksand is one of the most powerful nature spells there is. Walkers can be simply slaughered till they reach you. For example, I could defeat 25 megadragons with just about 30 monks and 100 crossbowmen :proud:
yeah, that's why summon water elemental is such a great spell, although there's no way you can beat 25 mega dragons with 30 monks and 100 crossbowmen using quicksand, unless you also cast some serious buff/debuff and dd spells, normally (without heroes and spells) 1 megadragon will maul that army.
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Apr 2006, 18:02

Here are few ideas from all-knowing boring eye:

1. Perhaps you should add into Quicksands description that it reduces movement.

2. Is it posible to make a script that'll ressurect a hero? Example: I wish an enemy hero to appear in middle of a big room. I know how to make creatures appear (just kill the hero) but I would want to ressurect the hero so it could look like he teleported.

3. You know how the gravemarkers look like? Could you (or have you) add theme into editor so I don't need to kill the heroes to get theme?
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 26 Apr 2006, 18:27

yeah, that's why summon water elemental is such a great spell, although there's no way you can beat 25 mega dragons with 30 monks and 100 crossbowmen using quicksand, unless you also cast some serious buff/debuff and dd spells, normally (without heroes and spells) 1 megadragon will maul that army.
Ok, I over-exaggerated a little bit ;|
The point is that you can really encage walkers using quicksand, just place a patch of quicksand in front of them, then they'll turn left or right, then you add a patch there as well, then they'll backtrack, then you add more sand... B-)

Now about Sauron's questions:

1) Quicksand doesn't reduce movement, it just stops the creature for a full turn I think. I may be wrong here...

2) I don't think it'll be possible to ressurrect a hero via script, but for that case you can give him Grandmaster Stealth and don't give him any creatures. Whenever a new creature is added, the hero will magically appear :)

3) It might have been added already, but I'm not sure... It can be easily done, otherwise.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Apr 2006, 18:36

Crusard wrote:
Ok, I over-exaggerated a little bit ;|
The point is that you can really encage walkers using quicksand, just place a patch of quicksand in front of them, then they'll turn left or right, then you add a patch there as well, then they'll backtrack, then you add more sand... B-)

Now about Sauron's questions:

1) Quicksand doesn't reduce movement, it just stops the creature for a full turn I think. I may be wrong here...

2) I don't think it'll be possible to ressurrect a hero via script, but for that case you can give him Grandmaster Stealth and don't give him any creatures. Whenever a new creature is added, the hero will magically appear :)

3) It might have been added already, but I'm not sure... It can be easily done, otherwise.
1. I meant defense. Silly me :D
2. The problem is that he sometimes attack the hero. I want him to appear behind me when I need to get out.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 26 Apr 2006, 18:57

Crusard wrote: Ok, I over-exaggerated a little bit ;|
i know what you mean, oh how i wish there was an ammo cart in h4... then you would be able beat 25 megadragons with 30 monks and 100 crossbowman, but then again that might imbalance the game. maybe the equilibris team could give order a new spell that gives a creature unlimited shots, like the medusa ability?
Crusard wrote: 1) Quicksand doesn't reduce movement, it just stops the creature for a full turn I think. I may be wrong here...
quicksand is more effective at stopping large creatures, i think if any of the squares in a particular direction infront of a creature is covered by quicksand, then the stack can only move 1 square in that direction. seeing how small the squares are, (the quicksand is at least 3 sqaures wide) it's possible to cripple a large creatures for 3 turns with a single cast of quicksand if you draw it correctly.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 27 Apr 2006, 20:07

Quicksand IS good 3rd level spell.
You wrote only about slaughtering the walkers with your ranged army, but also QS gives time to summon enough creatures when you don't have ranged units and have weak army or even single hero.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 27 Apr 2006, 20:12

Quicksand IS good 3rd level spell.
You wrote only about slaughtering the walkers with your ranged army, but also QS gives time to summon enough creatures when you don't have ranged units and have weak army or even single hero.
You right! :) about this i talked...
Black Dragon...

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 27 Apr 2006, 21:21

so how about a new order spell that gives shooters unlimitted ammo, like the medusa's ability, i can't think of any good names, the best i've come up with is "magical missiles" or "mystical missiles", it would be lv 3.

BDragon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby BDragon » 28 Apr 2006, 10:37

:up:
Good idea! :D
This spell can be in level 5... Its can be good spell! :|
And for the name: 'unlimit shoot', good name? :|
Black Dragon...

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 28 Apr 2006, 10:53

Frankly, I don't see what can be done
about flee or suicide, one solution is: lost experience and lost moove when you flee or died...... (more when you died)

iKossu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby iKossu » 28 Apr 2006, 12:34

You know, I haven't really tried quicksand on the field. Once I did try it but I found out that I got better spells. I simply throw Dragon Strength on Mantises or Phoenix and kick every butt on the field excluding my own troops. :)
BenchBreaker wrote:so how about a new order spell that gives shooters unlimitted ammo, like the medusa's ability, i can't think of any good names, the best i've come up with is "magical missiles" or "mystical missiles", it would be lv 3.
Sounds ok to me.

My spell idea: Add Obstacle. It could be pretty lame though but there's Remove Obstacle, right? ;)

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 28 Apr 2006, 13:39

KonserniJohtaja wrote:You know, I haven't really tried quicksand on the field. Once I did try it but I found out that I got better spells. I simply throw Dragon Strength on Mantises or Phoenix and kick every butt on the field excluding my own troops. :)
the only problem is dragon strength is a lv5 spell, so obviously it will be good, however, it's much much harder to get than quicksand, also you'll need GM nature spellcasters to cast it.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 28 Apr 2006, 14:05

Can we have the chance for special dispalyed next to damage probability?Like for medusas stone gaze,or sea monsters devour?

Magic dampeners should provide MR to creatures as well.And might creatures should have some natural MR too.

Add MR piercing to chaos magic.This should also grow with level.

Give the behemots the ability to decrease defence of cratures.Stun would be a nice addition to them too.

Return to “Equilibris”