I have seen it somewhere around... [H4]

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

I have seen it somewhere around... [H4]

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 11 Mar 2013, 17:00

I have stumbled across two things here in forum once. One was a map with all hidden one-way portals and second: a program to make a screenshots of the whole map. All for H4. Do you know where I can find it now?

Maciek
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Maciek » 11 Mar 2013, 19:07

a map with all hidden one-way portals
The End of the World?
a program to make a screenshots of the whole map
You don't mean nwcExcalibur cheat code, do you? There are some things in Downloads->Useful files on the left side of CH main page, but I guess that's the first thing you checked. No idea otherwise.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 12 Mar 2013, 07:30

I mean a program which makes a screenshot of whole map, like the screenshot of Around Calendar Ururam Tururam.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 12 Mar 2013, 10:02

might be this program:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/157 Heroes Minimapper. (download -> useful files)

At the bottom of this site is the Hidden Objects map https://www.celestialheavens.com/112

Ah, both were actually suggested by Maciek, sorry

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 16 Mar 2013, 00:32

No I mean a program which takes a foto of a WHOLE map, not minimap, but the landscape as in the screenshot of Around Calendar of UT.

Someone posted here a map which contained all hidden one way portal. In the map you are pointing there is only one. The hidden portals don't different from each other but they can be used as normal portals. They were also used in some Ut map, maybe I just look for them in those.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 16 Mar 2013, 00:39

not familiar with those. couldn't find them in the editor either. Only the one which is in the hidden map. there are several of that one in the editor, but they don't seem to be different. Good luck searching. and please share when you find them.

Edit. I just found the portals. Tools -> customize -> object palette -> they're found under movement modifiers.teleporters. I'll just mail you them.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 16 Mar 2013, 10:11

Yeah that's what I was looking for.

But I am still looking for this program.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Mar 2013, 11:35

Is it H4Util?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Duzeom_
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Duzeom_ » 16 Mar 2013, 16:48

I have H4util. Does it have such option?

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 17 Apr 2013, 21:55

guessing something like this.. don't know the program. perhaps ask the fellow who runs this site http://www.tawerna.biz/kontakt.html it's polish, so you might understand more of it then me

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 08 Sep 2014, 13:12

hey Duzeom. I found out how to do the World Picture.
Enter the desired map in game and type in 'nwcexcalibur'.
From cheatcode section: nwcExcalibur - saves the entire adventure map to main game directory in bitmap.
It will leave a bitmap file in the Heroes of Might and Magic 4 folder titled 'entire_map'.
Have fun.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 08 Sep 2014, 14:36

Karmakeld wrote:hey Duzeom. I found out how to do the World Picture.
Enter the desired map in game and type in 'nwcexcalibur'.
From cheatcode section: nwcExcalibur - saves the entire adventure map to main game directory in bitmap.
It will leave a bitmap file in the Heroes of Might and Magic 4 folder titled 'entire_map'.
Have fun.
Great job Karmakeld! I never really paid attention to the cheat codes so I only knew what a couple of them did :D

edit: It looks like this is a WoW specific cheat code. Do you know if it works, say, in a scenario that's not WoW but you're playing with the HOMM4 complete edition? I'll try when I get home, but just wanted to throw that out there.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 09 Sep 2014, 02:41

Just tried it on both a GS and Heroes IV standard map and it seems to work (I have the complete edition from GOG).

It always saves as the same name - entire_map.bmp - so make sure you change the name if you don't want it getting overwritten.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 09 Sep 2014, 18:26

I use the complete editon aswell. but I tried it in equilibris. I've read the cheatcodes dusins of times, but never paid much attention to this one, even though I've also been looking for the way to take this pic. Stumbled upon it, when looking for another specific code. But I'm glad to be able to help in so many ways :D Btw. your campaign seems to be progressing quite fast..
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 09 Sep 2014, 20:48

Karmakeld wrote:I use the complete editon aswell. but I tried it in equilibris. I've read the cheatcodes dusins of times, but never paid much attention to this one, even though I've also been looking for the way to take this pic. Stumbled upon it, when looking for another specific code. But I'm glad to be able to help in so many ways :D Btw. your campaign seems to be progressing quite fast..
Well the size of the first map was small, so that was pretty easy to draw out, label events, and then create the map for it.

The second map is XL, and I've got a LOT that I want to do with it. I've pretty much finished the first area of the map except for a little landscaping and maybe adding some goodies here and there. Now I have to decide which area of the map I'm going to work on next (or maybe finish the landscaping). There should be lots to explore and do :)

Taro
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Taro » 28 Sep 2014, 06:22

It's worth to nitice: if you want make a capture of underground level, you have to enter this cheat after clicking "underground button" in the game.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”