RPG Maker: possible Combat scene options

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Lord of the Guns
Peasant
Peasant

RPG Maker: possible Combat scene options

Unread postby Lord of the Guns » 02 Mar 2013, 01:35

I've heard that someone (or certain teams) are trying to continue the original MM stories through a tool called "RPG Maker". a tool that allows a man to creates "Japanese" style RPG Game. ones that combat scenes are treated differently. (and in combat, player team and monsters 'always' fight in "Line formation" and WITHIN the reach of each other, melee attacking monsters/characters simply 'jump' to the opponents and hit them, and quickly jumped back (think of Harpy in H3 :P). player characters may also try his/her luck by using 'evasive' / 'block' command to mitigate damages. two variations of these combat scenes exists
- 3PS, all characters and monsters shown in a battleground
- 1PS, Only monsters shown up, player characters shown their faces only (Legends of Erthia.. which inspired by MM8. features this combat scene)

Is there any way to make combat scenes more resembling to Heroes series? ones that melee combatants must walk some distances in each turn before have any chance of attacking anybody. if the opponents 'beyonds' players reach, character/monster in question ends his/her/its turn some distances away and not having a chance to attack till next turn or the opponents moves next to him/her/it (and attacks).

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 20 Mar 2013, 06:04

That looked lot like what was done in Disciples series.

danny300
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby danny300 » 22 Sep 2014, 08:36

good topic......
We offer Testking C4040-226 online training with 100% success guarantee. Download College of Notre Dame of Maryland study pack , CHECKPOINT

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 05 Jul 2015, 16:42

I am working on a game that draws some elements from Might and Magic. I recently finished a mockup of the new interface, and it looks like this:

Some of the bars look a bit weird because trying to align things straight using a mouse is a pain, and I'm not the best artist around.

Here's a combat demonstration video (this was back in May):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqnOvwp ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Campfire”