Your favorite lvl 5 creature

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Whats your lvl 5 pick?

Monk/Zealot
5%
Earth Elemental/Magma Elemental
No votes
Minotaur/Minotaur King
8%
Gorgon/Mighty Gorgon
26%
Gorgon/Mighty Gorgon
26%
Pit Fiend/Pit Lord
6%
Lich/power Lich
13%
Dendroid Guard/Dendroid Soldier
1%
Roc/Thunderbird
10%
Genie/Master Genie
4%

Total votes: 97

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 21 Mar 2006, 12:40

Yeah, trolls as shooters were definitely more fun.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 21 Mar 2006, 14:18

K-Dog wrote:Trolls are the the best 5s in H3, they heal themselves each turn and are totally awesome, especially their weapon, but cant vote for them so I vote pit
lords.
I actually found them to be little more than another slow walker. I really don't think they can pull out ahead of Minotaur Kings, Power Liches, or Mighty Gorgons.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

RollingWave
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RollingWave » 26 Mar 2006, 05:31

In terms of overall usefulness... Gorgon definately is the king of imbal in H3.... a large pack of Gorgon is the bane of everything... a hero with enough magic resistance haste or teleport and a large pack of gorgon = win. (well ..everything living at least XD ..)

Almost all the lvl 5s are quiet useful though one way or another, I agree that T bird is almost unarguablly the most crucial stronghold unit, while Dendroid is very important for the ramparts too in defensive fights (although for traveling heroes one might seriously consider not brining them...)

The river of time wash away all heroes

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 26 Mar 2006, 15:52

RollingWave wrote:In terms of overall usefulness... Gorgon definately is the king of imbal in H3.... a large pack of Gorgon is the bane of everything... a hero with enough magic resistance haste or teleport and a large pack of gorgon = win. (well ..everything living at least XD ..)
However, considered within the larger lineup of Fortress units, they are balanced.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

vicheron
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby vicheron » 07 Apr 2006, 05:16

Pit Lords are the best because their ability can be exploited to created legions of demons. By the time you get Pit Lords, you can have at least 2 or 3 external level 1 creature dwellings flagged, that converts to an average of 4 to 6 extra demons per week, for free. Pikemen are the best level 1 creatures for demon conversion since a week's growth of Pikemen can convert to 4 demons. Many level 2 creatures are also good for demon conversion, with dwarves being the best. With two or three heroes devoted to collecting low level creatures from external dwellings and converting them to demons, you can raise demons almost as fast as Necromancers can raise skeletons.

trailMix
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby trailMix » 07 Apr 2006, 06:10

SmokingBarrel wrote:Pit lords definitely. I like their weapon, and for some reasons their damage is just so...good...
Hmmm... May be that's why AI likes to beat them up.

Gljivko a.k.a Vortex
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gljivko a.k.a Vortex » 12 Apr 2006, 14:40

Voted for genies, I love them because of their beneficial spells plus they are the units from my favourite town plus they hate efreeti :devil:

Guard of BH
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Guard of BH » 25 Apr 2006, 09:09

OMG that was a hard choise to make! I really like mino king for them being fast and dealy. But i had to go with Pit lords for the reason that they will be or should i say will make bread and butter of the infrno army for the ability to spawn demons ... which in the late game might be very effective....well ranged level 5 units are really good.. actually i cant find a *bad* or *ineffective* leve 5 creature with lev 5 it seeems to be harmony in terms of balance :)

Comon sombody has to agree level five creatures are good in all races
BH - is the name of the place where i work :)

My pic suits the animal of the year i was born :)

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 25 Apr 2006, 10:15

voted 4 gorgons, no one 5th level unit (in the same numbers as gorgons) can kill so many 7th level units
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Apr 2006, 10:25

Guard of BH wrote: Comon sombody has to agree level five creatures are good in all races
Magma Elementals aren't, and Dendroids are too slow to be of use for anything but defending in a siege... But the rest are all useful and good.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

BenchBreaker
Demon
Demon

Unread postby BenchBreaker » 26 Apr 2006, 18:29

Bandobras Took wrote:
K-Dog wrote:Trolls are the the best 5s in H3, they heal themselves each turn and are totally awesome, especially their weapon, but cant vote for them so I vote pit
lords.
I actually found them to be little more than another slow walker. I really don't think they can pull out ahead of Minotaur Kings, Power Liches, or Mighty Gorgons.
in very small battles, the regeneration can be useful, other than that the ability is virtually useless.
I used to be indecisive, now I am not so sure...
:oex: winner of the the worst riddle ever :tonguehands:

Deni
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Deni » 26 Apr 2006, 18:41

voted: pit fiend/pit lord
I like how they look

Mihalidis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Mihalidis » 26 Dec 2012, 20:07

minotaurs ,gorgons and thunderbirds are backbone of their own respective armies...like all three fo them but my pick would be Master genie thanks to its speeed and casting ability

Freeloader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Freeloader » 10 Feb 2013, 15:18

I thought the Minotaurs were supposed to be really boss and damaging, surprised they have so few votes. They look cool too.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 10 Feb 2013, 19:06

Minotaurs are a ground unit with nothing really special about them and a very expensive building resource cost. Despite the low hp, I think I have to go with Thunderbird because it gives the extra travel speed so early and really helps carry the race.

Star King
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Star King » 15 Feb 2013, 06:55

Thunderbirds have the 3rd highest HP...

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 20 Mar 2013, 07:25

Arret wrote:Minotaurs are a ground unit with nothing really special about them and a very expensive building resource cost. Despite the low hp, I think I have to go with Thunderbird because it gives the extra travel speed so early and really helps carry the race.
Actually, there be 3 specials with Minotaur & Minotaur Kings :

1. They move at speed of 8.
The usual speed for ground units are either 7 or 9, This meant they can outspeed everyone of their comparable price/level while anyone of greater speed than them costs so much higher.

2. They get higher than usual max damage.
This meant they can do a lot more damage than the average creature of their level or below. This roughly the same as "Strength" specialty bonus of Behemoth in H 4.

3. Positive Morale.
Other than the usual chance for extra movement, positive morale also gives them leverage when they were mixed with other units not native to Dungeon.

MM6Kergmond
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM6Kergmond » 12 May 2013, 12:07

Voted for the Mighty Gorgons for their special ability that is probably the best of all since they are deadly for any other high level creatures exept those of the Necropolis.

Xdarkon
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Xdarkon » 15 May 2013, 13:33

Power liches or Mighty Gorgons for me !

Return to “Heroes I-IV”