Why is this community so quiet?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 16 Dec 2012, 15:03

Greengnots wrote:Who's DL?
Damien Lucifer he rivaled Thunder Titan in number of posts. In fact both of them had their posts zeroed everyday for a period of time. He is the only board member that I know of that has received a lifetime ban because of his behavior after receiving numerous warnings and lighter punishments. Exactly what his offenses were I was not privy to at the time, but I trust it was warranted.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Greengnots
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Greengnots » 16 Dec 2012, 23:28

I have seen him before(with 0 posts) in this community
Quantam physics don't change everything.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Dec 2012, 23:47

Yeah, basically he was banned for spamming every single topic he entered over a period of time. TT remains because he actually contributed valuable on-topic contents to on-topic discussions as well as off-topic banter.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Greengnots
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Greengnots » 17 Dec 2012, 20:22

So they are like twins but one is better

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 17 Dec 2012, 20:43

Greengnots wrote:So they are like twins but one is better
Sort of like they ying and the yanked. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Greengnots
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Greengnots » 17 Dec 2012, 20:46

LOL

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Dec 2012, 18:23

jeff wrote:Exactly what his offenses were I was not privy to at the time, but I trust it was warranted.

If you look at his last posts you can see what happened... although i still say the other guy took it way too seriously... DL just didn't know when to quit (and couldn't admit being wrong i guess).

tl;dr: INTERNETS IZ SERIUS BUISNESS.

Kalah wrote:Yeah, basically he was banned for spamming every single topic he entered over a period of time. TT remains because he actually contributed valuable on-topic contents to on-topic discussions as well as off-topic banter.
Pls, he contributed too, the spamming and posting everywhere where about the same for both of us (the whole thing started by us being the most prolific posters and trying to outdo eachother).

He just made that one guy freak out over wasting so much time arguing with him (and he really should have known better) and that's why you perma banned him.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Why is this community so quiet?

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 26 Dec 2012, 10:32

Greengnots wrote:There's barely any posting around here, can't this place be more lively :) not the barely any posters on three-quarters of the time :( .
Well, considering this forum is for games / game series which span for more than a dozen years already, I'd consider this to be a whole lot livelier than say, any other forum for game of the similar age category. Or even later games.

U might get u'self acquainted with those forum for Neverwinter Nights, Baldur' Gate, Disciples, Age of Wonders, Elder Scrolls, Warcrafts, etc... See u'self the last post dating when, u must feel back like aeons ago. And that's counting said forum isn't dead already.

Thing is, like Kalah said, people do have their live too. Which need more, immediate attention. Some already moved on, some become stalker, and some get here for nostalgic time and again. Nothing wrong with that too.

I'd say, this forum be far from dead.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Why is this community so quiet?

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Dec 2012, 22:58

BoardGuest808888 wrote:I'd say, this forum be far from dead.
Undead more like it...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

BoardGuest808888
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby BoardGuest808888 » 29 Jan 2013, 09:55

Yeah, must be cause there be some certain people keep necromancing it :-D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Jan 2013, 13:23

This reminds me some quote:

Welcome back to the land of the livin'... NOW PICK UP A SHOVEL AND GET DIGGING!

:D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 29 Jan 2013, 22:56

Yeah, well it's the users who cause activity, so ... get activizin'! ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 01 Feb 2013, 04:00

Kalah wrote:Yeah, well it's the users who cause activity, so ... get activizin'! ;)
Hey, that's Ubisoft's job!

Too bad they suck at making Heroes a great game. :(

But at least they can say they didn't recently win an award for the worst company in the world (or maybe it was the US?), they got beaten by EA. It wasn't just Videogame companies that EA went against either, the second place company was Bank of America.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Feb 2013, 10:44

They make an allright Heroes game, just not mindblowing as it used to be.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Feb 2013, 10:52

The game itself is OK, it's everything around it - the myriade of bugs and patches, the lack of map generators, rubbish online system - that has broken the Community.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Feb 2013, 11:44

The game itself it's not ok, at least from view of developer - it's garbage. The code is messy. Horror to maintain and to develop further.

That's what I heard and everything confirms it. Sadly.

Clean code is the base. Because all your base are belong to us! :P :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Feb 2013, 11:46

Yeah 6 isn't coded well indeed (I mean, closing the game on SSD and it takes like a minute?). The sound is great, and the gameplay is also pretty good, and sort of refreshing.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 03 Feb 2013, 07:48

Kalah wrote:Yeah, well it's the users who cause activity, so ... get activizin'! ;)
You could let me start my thread ;)

A lot can be said about H6, but ultimately, it's just not very fun. I still have it installed, but don't start it up much.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Feb 2013, 08:52

Pol wrote:The game itself it's not ok, at least from view of developer - it's garbage. The code is messy. Horror to maintain and to develop further.

That's what I heard and everything confirms it. Sadly.

Clean code is the base. Because all your base are belong to us! :P :P
Hah, well, it can't possibly be worse than what I'm working on right now. The code I'm dealing with has all variables named in 6 symbols or less, same with function names, so it's difficult to understand what is being done in pretty much any function. And add to that the fact that the whole program consists of three giant files... Quoting the original author directly, in response to a feature request:
[The original author decided that the program] has too much "spaghetti code" from adding new features on top of the last new stuff.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Feb 2013, 07:22

ThunderTitan wrote:Because DL got banned, Sandy got wiped and i got tired of talking to myself (eventually).
not totally wiped out :-)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Return to “Campfire”