JeffLudwig MM7 Mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

JeffLudwig MM7 Mod

Unread postby the beavers1 » 03 Jan 2013, 06:23

I have just found a MM mod That I have not heard of before, and as it is not on these forums as far as I know, I am going to make it known here. This is the link to the download page: http://www.jeffludwig.com/mm7/download.php
and the change log for the mod: http://www.jeffludwig.com/mm7/#changelog

I have not tried this mod yet but am about to start now :D
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 03 Jan 2013, 11:13

It seems to be mostly a stats mod, but it can be interesting to try out!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 05 Jan 2013, 05:31

So far the mod seems to make the game MUCH more difficult, Doing the Knight Promotion quest at around level 10 was Very hard, the Gouls and Ghosts paralyze, and the wights were Nightmares, another thing ive noticed is that the stats for all weapons are somewhat custom, in that their NdN +N are all different, Most things in the game have higher value, and spells are extremely expensive now to buy, (18k for lightning bolt in Harmondale) so Merchant skill is a must. I level up more often now due to the fact that the monsters now all give higher amounts of experience when you kill them due to their higher difficulty (more hp is the most noticeable change).
Overall I really like this mod as it adds more difficulty, and other changes to creature spawning.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2013, 11:40

Hmm, sounds tempting; and I have not played MM7 in a while. Is installation fairly simple? I have not downloaded it yet.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 05 Jan 2013, 11:46

Yeah its very simple simply copy/extract the files to the data folder like TCC part one, so that they replace the lods, the detailed instructions are on the site.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2013, 13:52

I "think" I have installed it correctly. Is there any way to tell? I did not get a message of any kind.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2013, 20:39

I also notice that there is a Samurai & Karatacka? class in there mod. Is that correct, or did I mix 2 mods together?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Jan 2013, 21:06

That is correct; the Karateka is roughly analogous to the Monk while the Samurai appears to replace the Archer.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2013, 21:33

I'm playing 4 Archers right now, so the Samurai must replace something else.

The game does not seem any harder yet. The value of the items seems to be higher though.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 05 Jan 2013, 22:19

The samurai replaces the Rangers, and changed their skill table so that they can GM bow, Master Elemental spells, and master Spear instead of GM axe as before, also I think it is important to know that you are supposed to patch the vanilla MM7 with Grayface patch before installing the mod, I don't know for sure if putting in on before or after installing will make a difference, but the installation instructions say to do it before, the Patch is supposed to be like a basis for the mod.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 05 Jan 2013, 23:22

Yes, I did it before I installed the mod; in fact, I reinstalled the game from scratch, then the patch and then the mod. I'm still early in the game. Maybe I'll try the Samurai'...

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Jan 2013, 23:52

In the skill chart I downloaded from the site, Rangers are still listed; is that skill chart obsolete?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Jan 2013, 00:36

Where did you find it? I looked but could not find one. It looks like the Archer gets some of the Mind/Body/Spirit stuff now and the Samurai get Light/Dark.

It would be nice to know all of the skills.

Did anyone notice that the pics during the load screens are "Dragonlance"?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Jan 2013, 10:36

When I left the island for Harmondale I clicked on "cast off" on the ship, but nothing happened until I hit the "escape" key. Did this happen to anyone else?

Edit:
If the Samurai has replaced the Ranger, should the Samurai not get promoted after the Ranger quest? Or are there new quests for the new classes now?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Jan 2013, 21:29

..anybody out there??

Do I have to kill the friendly undead in the Castle well? I killed the goblins, but I'm not getting the next quest yet from the butler.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 06 Jan 2013, 22:28

Yes, you do have to kill the friendly zombies in Castle Harmondale, No I did not have the same problem with casting off but I did have a problem opening the spell book at one point (no-longer) as for the Samurai, At first I thought he replaces Ranger but his first promotion quest is the one where you have to go and vandalize the lift to trap all the Medusa, and the second one is the promotion to take the Perfect Bow from the Titans Stronghold.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 06 Jan 2013, 23:47

Weird, that's the same as the Archer promo quests, but the archers are still an available class. ..guess I'll finish up in Harmondade...

I'm current lvl 10. The game is no more difficult than before.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 07 Jan 2013, 00:27

I think the game was more difficult for me because I cleared out Harmondale Castle at lvl 6 then started killing goblins, and too me it took a lot longer to kill the goblins, so the difficulty isn't really that noticeable in difference, My favorite part so far is the fact that all weapons are now unique in their stats.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 07 Jan 2013, 02:52

I always to go to Tularia and get everything I can there. Then I go to Avlee and get everything from there and kill all the wyverns. I'm usually level 4 when I get there. You have to draw 1 or 2 at a time and a lot of the time, I let the elven guards do all the work for me. It's a good way to get some good booty.

Sometimes I do the castle after that, or to straight to Erathia and them Tatalia for loot and ore. Then I have really good armor, weapons and items made.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 07 Jan 2013, 03:18

you could have different classes cause of the varsion of mm7 game.

replacing mm7.exe doesn't fix some problems cause exe file uses modified dll files that are not included in this mod.

for example if i will replace mine exe with new one from this mod - mm7 will not even starts for me cause i got russian version of the game and i need to replace dll files to make it work with modified exe.

so if author used english version - you need an english one for correct work or dll pack from the author that will support new exe file. thats why you classes types could be different.
---
the similar problem some players got with our TCC game. they play honest and not cheating but some people NEVER could enter to part 2 cause of different game version of developer team and your owns!even me couldn't play part 2 cause of the same russian game version ))
Last edited by vladimir-maestro on 07 Jan 2013, 03:20, edited 1 time in total.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Return to “Might and Magic”