H6 Expansion Q&A

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

H6 Expansion Q&A

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Dec 2012, 22:51

In our latest Q&A with the UbiDevs, we ask questions about the Heroes VI expansion "Shades of Darkness".

In the set of replies we just received is info about its contents, a hint at another Limbic-made project and the confirmation of a much-wanted building: the Dragon Utopia.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/813
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Dec 2012, 23:34

At the risk of being called negative; I want to make sure I have this right. They are going to charge a 'new game' price for a campaign and some company created maps with no plans to increase the longevity of the game by improving the editor. I knew a campaign editor was not in the cards, and we already new the RMG was off the table. It sounds to me if you want to get value for money; you wait for the complete edition to go on clearance sale. I do understand that they allowed Black Hole to screw up this edition to the level that it is hard to salvage anything, but I am looking for a good reason for someone to rush in and buy what must be limited content.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Dec 2012, 00:51

Well, we don't know the price yet (I asked), but you do get the whole game with this. I agree that the complete sounds like the best buy, though, considering the contents an providing the price is not excessive.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Dec 2012, 02:22

Agreed the complete might be a very good deal depending on the actual content and price.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 14 Dec 2012, 06:03

I Just wanted to thank the whole CH crew for the QaA.

It was nice to read, interesting and unexpected.

Much appreciated

OneHour
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Unread postby OneHour » 14 Dec 2012, 13:01

Please bear with me as I am quite new to all this. I have a couple questions.
1- Is it true that one MUST be on-line to play VI? (I tend to wait until all the bugs are worked out before buying.) And will it still be required for the expansion/Gold edition? (Why would they DO that anyway? I've played them all right from the begining when One came out - yes I am OLD - and can't see the use.)
2- What are the MAJOR changes in game play/controlls from V to VI?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 14 Dec 2012, 16:29

You don't have to be online to play the game, but the Dynasty stuff (weapons/heros) don't work unless you do. There are also some other bonuses but it's a bit of a nuisance, really. You will be able to play offline with the expansion too.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Unread postby Naki » 15 Dec 2012, 14:23

Off-topic/Suggestion:
Add exact date (and possibly time) to each article.
Other sites have that. Thanks!
Just saying "December, 2012." is not quite sufficient.

On topic:
I am worried that the horrible bugs in 1.8 won't get fixed any time soon (or at all). This sucks! :(
May the Implosion be with you!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Unread postby Kalah » 15 Dec 2012, 15:05

I hear ya - although the thing is that it might be weeks between sending the questions and receiving answers. So ... which date do we use? The answer date? Or the publication date? Also, I don't have the dates for articles that are really old.

krs
Peasant
Peasant

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Unread postby krs » 16 Dec 2012, 17:08

Changing the developers once again... If it will be finished on time, besides the new faction there is no way improvements will be made on game-play :(. My wait until X-Mas in deciding what to do with H6 was not worth it. H6 was dead and now they put a stake through its heart.

My only regret is that I haven't started replaying Heroes 3 earlier...

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Shades of Darkness Q&A

Unread postby Naki » 04 Jan 2013, 18:58

Any at least approximate date is better than no date.
Thanks.

EDIT: OK, I see it says December 2012 now - good enough! :)
May the Implosion be with you!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Shades of Darkness Q&A #1

Unread postby Kalah » 21 May 2013, 21:00

I have dispatched a new set of questions for Ubisoft, so expect a new Q&A to launch on all channels soonish.

Return to “Articles”