Heroes V Legends of the Ancients

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 07 Nov 2012, 14:08

All is done except scripts, but I don't know how many. Cepheus/Corlagon is not here anymore but Darkjak should be able to make a brief of the workload. I'll ask him.

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 08 Nov 2012, 15:00

That will work. I've not talked to him for a long while and back then RL was crowding him. Having a list might help when I BEG. :D

Btw, were you the other Map-maker at work when I assisted a little with the project?

@All Fyi, this is a longshot.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 08 Nov 2012, 17:10

He didn't give me a list yet, but it seems the whole Book IV need scripts, and Book III also need work (but I don't know how many). I will ask him to go here.

I joined the team in 2010, thus probably after you, and I made 5 maps (2 for book III and 3 for Book IV). There few screenshots here :
http://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee87 ... A/?start=0

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 08 Nov 2012, 18:47

Zenithale wrote:He didn't give me a list yet, but it seems the whole Book IV need scripts, and Book III also need work (but I don't know how many). I will ask him to go here.
Honestly, I was hoping for a lot less (in case he's really busy as usual) but I will still ask him once you have have a clear picture. One more important question, to verify; everything else is finished besides scripting?, i.e. "the texts for talk-boxes"
I joined the team in 2010, thus probably after you, and I made 5 maps (2 for book III and 3 for Book IV).
No, you joined before me. I worked on a couple of Book IV maps, book III had already been finished. Have you heard anything at all from our friend? I hope he is AOK and also that he will return.

The screenshots look very good. I hope the public will one day get to play this campaign and see your efforts...in game. :D

Cheers

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 08 Nov 2012, 20:04

markkur wrote:Honestly, I was hoping for a lot less
Me too. If I'm not wrong all maps except 1 were finished before 2011.
markkur wrote:One more important question, to verify; everything else is finished besides scripting?, i.e. "the texts for talk-boxes"
I hope Darkjak could give you all infos asap. I asked him to come here.
markkur wrote:No, you joined before me. I worked on a couple of Book IV maps, book III had already been finished. Have you heard anything at all from our friend?
Yes, you're right, Cepheus mentioned you in mails (I checked), I just forgot (but I remembered you on Heroes Community).

markkur
Demon
Demon

Unread postby markkur » 28 Nov 2012, 20:12

Sorry folks but after many hours of effort, things did not work out.

I hope one day a scripter will help this team complete the project.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 04 Dec 2012, 12:53

So for now this project is buried... :(

But if someone has an Animate Dead spell, maybe one day...
*fingers crossed*

ruslan-gonch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ruslan-gonch » 05 Dec 2012, 11:31

If it seems near impossible to complete the project, can someone say more information about the storyline of LotA? I think people must know what the saga's ending looks like.

Zenithale
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zenithale » 06 Dec 2012, 16:08

You should ask Marzhin to release the story.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 06 Dec 2012, 17:45

Zenithale wrote:You should ask Marzhin to release the story.
Actually I think I'll do just that. I just need to find a couple of days to work on it (I'd like to basically "complete" the art book that is currently on the LotA website). No promises, but I'll try to get it done for Christmas :)

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 07 Dec 2012, 02:20

Okay, I decided the best way to get it done was to do it right now without further procrastination :D

So here you go, the texts and art of the 4th and final Book of Legends of the Ancients. I hope you'll like it :)

Special kudos to Corlagon who wrote the parts dealing with Solmyr's past and made numerous improvements here and there.

Books 1 to 3 can still be downladed here as a 200+ meg PDF.

I also want to give my deepest thanks to Zenithale, Assryn, Markkur, Kareeah Indaga and all the others who valiantly dedicated their time and energy to this project at one point or another.

And of course my eternal gratitude to you, the Might & Magic community, for your support and patience. It's insane to think I started working on this project more than 6 years ago. So many things happened since then it seems a whole life away.

Maybe some day the actual campaign will be completed and you'll be able to play this story, not simply read it. Let's not give up hope :)

ruslan-gonch
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ruslan-gonch » 07 Dec 2012, 08:21

Oh my God! Really thank you! It's the best Christmas gift!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Dec 2012, 17:01

Does that huge file belong with the other; should they be merged into a single PDF, maybe?

I have also realized that by compressing, I can reduce the size to about 30 MB. I could host it here if you like.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Dec 2012, 17:35

Kalah wrote:Does that huge file belong with the other; should they be merged into a single PDF, maybe?
Yeah, but it seems I lost the source files of the original pdf. I didn't have time to look for other solutions yet.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 10 Dec 2012, 19:03

How's this? (16,5 MB)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 10 Dec 2012, 23:43

Amazing, thanks :tsup:

Assryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Assryn » 18 Dec 2012, 13:15

Is there still a chance we will be able to play the last 2 books some day ? :/ It would be sad if there wasn't, I hope I'm not the only one who feel that way but, I just don't want to let the old universe die again :/ Ashan is fine, but it doesn't have the magic of the old universe :( ... So, still a chance it will come out some day ?

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 20 Dec 2012, 20:47

Assryn wrote:Is there still a chance we will be able to play the last 2 books some day ? :/ It would be sad if there wasn't, I hope I'm not the only one who feel that way but, I just don't want to let the old universe die again :/ Ashan is fine, but it doesn't have the magic of the old universe :( ... So, still a chance it will come out some day ?
Well unfortunately I don't have the time to finish them myself these days. To make matters worse, the last time I opened the H5 editor I realized I had forgotten how it worked for the most part... (I'm not a coder, so most of LotA was done observing how Nival's maps worked and reproducing their code).

So it all depends on the efforts of the gallant people who'll want to give it a shot.

Assryn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Assryn » 27 Dec 2012, 13:35

In any case, it was a real pleasure trying to help you with LotA :) !
I've passed the files on to my cousin,though I don't think he has an acount on celestial heaven, you shouldn't have to wait long for an e-mail from him ^^
And if some day the work restart, I'll be holding the LotA flag (?) high to find "new recruits" ^^

Good luck with you futur projects and keep the old world alive :D
Assryn ;)

Oh :D I just noticed this
Marzhin wrote:
I also want to give my deepest thanks to Zenithale, Assryn, Markkur, Kareeah Indaga and all the others who valiantly dedicated their time and energy to this project at one point or another.
You're very welcome, it was an infinite pleasure :)

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 01 Jan 2013, 22:31

just finished the 2nd book. Indeed very good reading and very interesting stories. Nice morale (ending of book 2) and I love the way how you've continued the stories from Heroes IV (and continued the story of heroes from 3) and the way their stories together with eachother. Looking forward to reading the last 2. Also great artwork. ..If only I could find the "like" button :applause:

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”