Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

MoS II version 0.96 ready for general testing

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Dec 2011, 22:14

Quick Update

MoS II version 0.96 is now being tested by yours truly along with a number of his friends from both inside and outside the Sighisoara Team. I've just send our Team Leader a message stating that from my part, the latest MoS related stuff is doing just fine, but we do need some more story elements to the end part of the campaign, maps 4 and 5, to be precise.

Although we have given you a number of failed release date estimates before, I think it is safe to say that you shall have a new Sighisoara Campaign to play before New Year. And what's more, you can contribute to the quick release of the campaign by helping us try out version 0.96 and tell us what you think. Don't be shy. Contact us and you shall be sent all the files required to test the campaign by email. The more testers we have, the sooner you'll all be playing the newest of our Team's H3 campaigns.

With solidarity,
Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Prime Suspect updated to version 1.2

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Jan 2012, 00:13

Update on the night of 28/29th of January 2012

While Masters of Sighisoara II has been delayed by Real Life, I am pleased to tell you that its prologue map "Prime Suspect" has been updated to version 1.2 a mere couple of hours ago. Sighisoara Team members will receive the updated map version for testing in a matter of hours. We aim to have it published here in CH as soon as possible after it's been properly tested. Stay tuned for more.

Sincerely,

Yurian

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Prime Suspect 1.2 released

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Mar 2012, 10:45

Update on the First of March 2012

Masters of Sighisoara II: The Undead of Xerphef prologue map Prime Suspect has been updated to version 1.2 and is now available for download right here in the CH map database.

In other news, the Team is now preparing another single scenario map based on the MoS campaigns. The upcoming map is called The Rogue's Hideout (size M with underground for the Shadow of Death expansion) and it deals with events following the first Sighisoara campaign and its immediate aftermath in the human kingdom of Aurolas. The player will be leading Castle troops against Dungeon and neutral creatures with the goal of ending the Minotaurs of Gulael inspired anarchy and looting led by some unusually organized groups of bandits and common thieves.

More information is available by contacting me, Yurian.

Sincerely,

Yurian
Project manager for the Masters of Sighisoara Team

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 29 Apr 2012, 23:16

Hello everybody, just wanted to let you all know that I am in fact still alive, but I am up to my nose in schoolwork (Only 1 month and like 8 days left until school is finally over... I hope). I have over 7 courses that I have failed in and I need to finish. That is why I do not have any time at all at this moment. As I read through the posts of Yurian I do feel a spark in my heart igniting for this old baby!
So do not loose hope, I know that my activity in MoS2 have been very low and under all critique (spelling?!).
I know I have blamed alot of things before, but I am a man of bad planning. I think my schoolwork is a good example of that.
I am still the same old fantasyloving, heroesloving guy that I was starting this thread like 3 years ago now?
I am a little lost on this MoS2 since I did say that I required a little break after MoS1 which actually landed me in a hospital (the stress for finishing it as fast as possible killed me and gave me such a tummy ache I needed to get some medicine haha!). I did take a little break as well and therefor I lost track of what was going on in the world of Sighisoara.
I do hope that you can bare with me! Maybe I will buy myself a new laptop so I can sit outside studying now, and once I graduated, do some HoMM3 work.
I will be back for you guys, that is all I know!

With much love and respect, your fellow HeroofPunk! :)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 May 2012, 22:24

I keep seeing these messages about delays and pauses because of real-life issues. Of course, this is rather the norm than the exception; most fan-based projects like these usually end up stranded like big, fat whales on shore, completely void of direction.

I am pleased to see the dedication of this project as one of the few exceptions. No matter the real-life issues and delays, you always keep coming back. :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Sighisoara II campaign Not Cancelled

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 08 Aug 2012, 13:05

Back and forth like a supernatural yo-yo, we are once again back in business. In quick response to the flow of fan emails we keep receiving every day, the project is not cancelled and it is indeed being worked on if slowly, but still. I am currently rebalancing map 4 of Campaign II and doing my best to ensure a challenging yet winnable scenario, in other words I am now working to polish the overall campaign for release. (I am working at campaign version 0.99 at the moment of writing)

Stay tuned for more!

On behalf of the Team,

Yurian

P.S

We are always looking for volunteers to test our newest stuff.
Contact me, Yurian, to receive your copy of (testing version) 0.99

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 08 Aug 2012, 14:08

Great work! Btw, haven't you considered tying the storyline into the canonical Might and Magic world? Would be very nice.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Quick Update Again

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Aug 2012, 00:04

Quick Update on the night of 16/17th of August 2012

Masters of Sighisoara I's epilogue map The Rogue's Hideout has seen yet another update on its way reaching the release version status. Today we present you Demo Version III which is the final demo we will release for testing before version 1.0 sees daylight in the near future.

Please contact me, Yurian, to receive your copy of the Heroes III:SoD M sized singleplayer map that comes with an underground section.

@XEL II: The world of Sighisoara is our Team's own product which contains many references to the official NWC made world of Enroth but is in no way connected to it. We do know our share of the old Heroes lore but decided to let the H3 fans out there discover our own Whole New Continent, as the project's name suggests. If you can spare some of your free time, we'd be glad to invite you to test our upcoming Second Campaign and this "The Rogue's Hideout" singlescenario with us. ;)

With solidarity

Yurian,
Sighisoara Team's Project Coordinator

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 24 Sep 2012, 02:13

As I am now unemployed and actually do have the time to work on this project I have once again emailed Yurian in hope of some story checkup so that we can close Campaign 2 and not make the same mistake we did in Campaign 3! Which equals to little planning before starting, I personally had to visit a hospital for stomach ache after the completion of campaign 1 because it was to stressful in thoose last days.

I asked for a pause but Campaign 2 was started on right away. Anyways, as I said, I am now just awaiting an reply from Yurian and I hope to see the completion of this and the start on campaign 3! (Out of 5 I believe it will be in total, or atleast hope, may be 4 instead, we will talk this over in planning mode!)

While I am awaiting my brave team member Yurian (which I give 100% credit too for even being where we are at today) response I am trying to play through MoS1, catching up to the good old storyline once again, to bad I suck at Heroes 3 now a days and I can barely beat it haha! ;)
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Dec 2012, 02:27

Sorry guys... I feel all lost on this.. I don't even know the story of MoS2 even though I am supposed to be the storywriter, things got out of hand and the planning of MoS2 was poorly planned.... Not sure if there ever will be a MoS2... If you read this Yurian, please contact me..
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 18 Jan 2013, 19:47

UPDATE

Yurian has contacted me, he is in charge of completing MoS part II while I plan on campaign 3. Which I hope will become less of a failure (which I take the responsibility for)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Sincerely apologies for the constant delays

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 20 Jan 2013, 20:16

Greetings All,

Yes, rest assured, dear fellow Heroes fans, that we have not abandoned The Masters of Sighisoara Project. As HoP said he is in charge of writing storyline for Campaign III while I am at the moment seeking earnestly to add finishing touches to Campaign II.

HoP mentioned something about poor planning (and all those delays rising from there) that has long plagued MoS II. All I can say is that I do agree wholeheartedly with him that mistakes have been made, mistakes which have slowed down the progress and caused us to lose direction.

The thing is that almost all knowledge considering MoS II's plot lines are buried somewhere deep within my mind and there's not nearly enough notes in writing which HoP could have used for reference. I apologize right here and now both to him and to the general public as well. It seems that many months have been wasted due to my complicated real life issues.

Anyways, while HoP/Max now concentrates his efforts to writing down MOS III, yours truly shall use all his remaining free time and energy on the coming weekends to finish MoS II and give the campaign the true credit it rightly deserves. In any case we do not wish to publish second rate BS or otherwise half-finished stuff rightly pissing off folks even more.

In all honesty,

Yurian
Sighisoara Team's Project Manager

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 09 Mar 2013, 23:21

I hope that the hype has had some time to build up for the upcoming MoS2 considering it was due to be released in 2010.. However as Yurian mentions, real life issues and poor planning caused alot of struggling in the making of this campaign. However I have 100% faith in that Yurian will complete MoS2 with the perfection and balance of the much loved MoS1..

In the meanwhile, I can mention that http://sighisoara.webs.com/ is up and running again. And has seen updates in both the photo and news section...
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 10 Mar 2013, 02:06

Are you starting to hype up people?!

http://sighisoara.webs.com/apps/photos/ ... d=14587238

Check it out!
"By the power of Zelas!"

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 10 Mar 2013, 22:28

[img]http://sighisoara.webs.com/photos/Myste ... teaser.png[/img]

Do not tell anyone I dropped this here... Can anyone make out the word at the bottom? Hype hype hype people! ;)
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Great planning sessions are on

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 12 Mar 2013, 13:18

Greetings All,

While I can not reveal any in-depth details of the current state of Sighisoara world's Third Campaign in this post, please do not lose hope as we are working on the project as a whole most earnestly right now. Max and I, Yurian, have been in daily contact over the MSN Messenger since last weekend and the work done jointly in those night time planning sessions has already produced some pretty nice results. :)

The Sighisoara Team has trusted me with the last ditch testing and final polishing of the epilogue map to the First campaign, a map called "The Rogue's Hideout". In this map the player will take command of Castle troops that are inspecting reports and rumours about the Minotaur Mafia's activities near the nation's capital city, Visby. The player shall then raid their storage houses, illegal black markets and the like so that evidence can be gathered to clear the permission from the King for one last final assault on the Minotaur Mafia's (Dungeon troops) heavily fortified HQ.

I wish to use this oppurtunity to thank our Polish map tester Duzeom for his part in testing of the "Rogue's Hideout" map during the last week's testing round. Yes, the map offers quite a challenge and the player will need to plan his moves carefully before assaulting the Minotaur HQ. We will keep the level of difficulty unaltered which means that being true to Sighisoara's standalone maps tradition, the computer really knows what to do and how to use his advantage over the player, especially in Expert (160%) and Impossible (200%) levels selected.

My to do-list concerning the said map:

-expand first timed events' story bits some more
-check the map for remaining typos
-re-write the reoccurring "Taxes" event and the text found there

You can expect to see this M size H3:SoD map (with underground) "The Rogue's Hideout" being released here at CH by the coming weekend if my free time and health issues (I have the common flue and also suffer for pains in my lower back) so allow.

The long-awaited Second Sighisoara campaign called The Undead of Xerphef (a 5-map campaign, no less ;) ) is scheduled to be released following the following publishing of the aforementioned MoS I epilogue map. This is our plan, and a plan which we quite honestly aim to realize
in the near future. Spring time is indeed a time for a change.

As so many times before, we the Team, would like to thank all our map testers, the CH Staff and the curious passer-bys of this thread who have popped in to comment and offer their advise, opinion and some questions as well during all these years of the still continuing long development.

With solidarity and best spring time wishes,

Yurian Stonebow
Project Manager of the Masters of Sighisoara Project

:D

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

New map published soon here at CH

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 16 Mar 2013, 02:34

Update on the night of 15/16th of March 2013

The Sighisoara Team proudly presents:

"The Rogue's Hideout", epilogue map to MoS I campaign.
The following information comes from the map's ReadMe:

"MASTERS OF SIGHISOARA 1 - EPILOGUE

Map Name: The Rogue's Hideout
Map Maker: Yurian Stonebow & HeroOfPunk
Map version: 1.0
Map Date: 16th of March 2013
Email: olavi_valimaki (@) hotmail.com, maxygdell (@) hotmail.com

Human-playable
town-types: Castle (Red Player)

Number of
players: 1 Humans Only, 1 Computer Only

Map Type: Singleplayer
Map Size: Medium
Map Difficulty: Hard
Game Version: Heroes III Shadow of Death
Language: English
Underground: Yes
Multiplayer: No
Special Win: No
Special Loss: Lose the hero Sir Yurian
Special Other: No

Standard win
allowed: Yes
Playtesters: The Sighisoara Team, a group of
active German Heroes fans from Drachenwald.net
and some nice people at https://www.celestialheavens.com

Description: Following the end of the Aurolas-Gulael War, Quintus Tullius King of Aurolas
calls a meeting of his cabinet in the Visby Military District Headquarters.
A general of good reputation will be sent to deal with the growing threat caused
by a number of unusually well organized menacing bands of rogues.

Additional Information:

This map serves as an epilogue to the previously released Team Sighisoara work
"Masters of Sighisoara 1" (a campaign of 4 maps)

The Team wishes to thank all of our map testers and commentators alike, and of course, our long suffering friend here at the throne of CH, Kalah the Admin who has encouraged the Team and given his full support during
all these long years. We still don't quite get to our thick heads how on earth four years have gone by so fast. What a journey it's been! :)

On behalf of the Team,

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 19 Mar 2013, 03:03

Wow! It feels so fun that yet another map has been released, and I hope that everyone that plays it will truly enjoy it!

As you all know by now, Yurian has the final finishing touches of MoS2 in his hands, and I do not have any doubts that it will be just as great as the first MoS-The Murdered Inkeep.
Now I want to add some personal touches to this reply to the thread started by yours truly about 4 years ago now I do believe?
I were only around 16 at the time, and I am turning 21 in November this year.
I did truly enjoy working on MoS1, as well as a Sighisoara Christmas, and without you people reading this thread I wouldn't have made it through 10% of the work that I have gone through.

Therefor I want to thank the admins and the users of this wonderful community for its continued support, not only through the good days of my life and my mapmaking/storywriting, but also through the dark and sadder days.

I myself can barely wait until MoS2 comes out, as we have quite an announcement to share with you all after it's release. Because as I said, Yurian is working on completing the final steps of MoS2.
But I am everything else but idle, with what, I will not tell you. But what I am working with I am pouring my heart, emotions and soul into, and I just KNOW that you will all enjoy it, it will be the deepest of work ever to come out from the tips of my fingers (for now, I may add ;) )

Now I need to get back to working on giving you the ultimate of myself.

Signed,
Maximilian the Knight
"By the power of Zelas!"

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

April Come She Will

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 01 Apr 2013, 09:57

Update on the All Fools' Day 2013

We the Team, are very delighted to see that our previous work of the "Masters of Sighisoara" project has been well received by you, fellow heroes fans here on the CH. The H3:SoD map "The Rogue's Hideout" has to date been downloaded 170 times. Thanks! :)

If you want to play the Masters of Sighisoara maps and campaigns in chronological order, the following is considered by us to be canonical:

1. Masters of Sighisoara (campaign Part I)
2. The Rogue's Hideout (epilogue to Campaign I, single scenario)
3. A Sighisoara Christmas (Christmas themed, single scenario)
4. Prime Suspect (Prologue to Campaign II, single scenario)
5. The Undead of Xerphef (campaign Part II)

Please note that German versions of the MoS I campaign, Prime Suspect
and A Sighisoara Christmas are available as well. These were translated by our Team member Koni, a native German speaker. You can also find our Sighisoara maps featured in the splendid German Heroes fan site Drachenwald's map database. "Meister von Sighisoara, Heißer Verdacht and Christmas in Sighisoara". (on a side note, Team member Yurian Stonebow's solo map "Tolkiens Mittelerde" is available there too)

For the link to the Drachenwald's H3 map database please click here:

http://www.kartenarchiv.de/index.php?area=h3

With solidarity,

Yurian Stonebow
Project Manager of the Masters of Sighisoara project

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Update time!

Unread postby MadMax » 09 Apr 2013, 14:57

Once again it is time for a update!

I am having something nice in the works, actually, I have 2 nice things in the works at this moment, Yurian has the knowledge of one, while another one is in the works in "secret".

I am currently looking at the old MoS maps and checking up on some storybits and such to make this other thing possible.

Hmm.. Come to think of it, I kind of have 3 projects in the works, and 2 of them will be fully revealed together with MoS2! I truly do hope that everyone will enjoy it. Now I do not have that much time to write here as I am going back to my mapchecking and secretmaking!

May not be a big update for you guys since it is filled with secrets, but hey. You will like it once it is out there! :D

EDIT: Make that 4 projects, one is HUGE but will probably turn in to nothing unfortunatly!
"By the power of Zelas!"

Return to “Heroes I-IV”