Shades of Darkness

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Shades of Darkness

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Oct 2012, 12:50

HoMMVI Standalone Expantion Pack announced

Hello Heroes, today, we are pleased to announce the release of the long-awaited Might & Magic® Heroes® VI Standalone Expansion, which is set to be released in Spring 2013!

This fully fledged expansion will feature a new fan-favorite faction to Heroes VI, Dungeon, led by the Dark Elves. The Dark Elves have left the forests of Irollan, made a pact with the mysterious Faceless and escaped extermination, becoming underground renegades, stealthy and revered assassins. This faction is introduced to an epic campaign that not only unveils unexplored territories of Ashan, but also recounts the mysterious origins of their people.

UNITS:

CORE:

1. ASSASSIN / SHADE

An Assassin is like the shadow of Malassa. As a Sylvan Elf is impossible to spot in the forest, an Assasin is invisible underground. He reveals himself only when he strikes. Usually wearing black clothes, an Assassin's favorite weapon is a pair of sharp and serrated daggers.

2. SHADOW LURKER / WATCHER

The Shadow Lurker is a minor Spirit of Darkness in the shape of a floating orb of shadows with a single central purple and glowing eye and several eyestalks framing its body like tentacles, each ending in a smaller eye.
It is said these beings are born in Malassa’s dark wings, before detaching themselves to roam in the subterranean realms. Those unfortunate to cross their gaze see their worst nightmares reflected in the Lurker's unblinking eyes.

The Watchers are evolved aspects of the Lurkers. Like Malassa herself, they can see through the shadows, the secrets and the lies. The Dark Elves use them to uncover hidden truths.

3. STALKER / CHAKRAM DANCER

ELITE:

4. MINOTAUR / MINOTAUR GUARD

Like the Harpies and Centaurs, the Minotaurs are Beastmen, created by the Wizards of the Seven Cities in the year 512 YSD. Half-human and half-bull, the The Minotaur was meant to be the shock infantry to fight alongside the Centaur cavalry.

As for a Minotaur Guard, the Crimson Wizards of Al-Rubit, in a diplomatic gesture that surprised many and angered their neighbours in the Silver Cities, made a gift of one thousand loyal Minotaurs to the Dark Elves. In a short period of time, the Minotaurs took oaths of loyalty to the Dark Elves and Malassa. The Dark Elves that appreciated their strength and loyalty gave them freedom instead of using them as slaves. Both sides have benefitted from this new friendship since.

5. MANTICORE / SCORPICORE
The Manticore is a Magical Beast created during the Mythic Age.

At that time, the surface of Ashan was irrigated by Dragon Veins. Beasts that drank these untammed rivers of dragonblood crystals were permantly altered by their powerful magic.
The Manticore seems to mix features of various animals: lion, bat, scorpion. The Manticore is notorious for its venomous stinger. Its poison corrodes the hardest materials like acid and cripples the muscles, inducing a progressive paralysis.

The Scorpicore is a Manticore that the Dark Elves exposed to an underground Nexus of dragonblood crystals attuned to the elemental powers of Darkness. This makes the magical beast more powerful, and more receptive to its master's commands.

6. FACELESS / FACELESS PUPPETEER

The Faceless are the children of the Malassa. Masters of infiltration, spying, and stealth.

The Faceless are the most mysterious and unknown of all the followers of the Dragon Gods. What little can be said of them is that they are clothed in shadow and mystery; if they are perceived at all it is a fleeting image from the corner of the eye, an odd moment of déjà vu, a strange sense that one is being watched... The Faceless move in the shadows. They enter one shadow and leave from another. The Faceless don't need to speak, they can communicate by telepathy, from mind to mind. They are poorly trusted by their allies and greatly feared by their enemies.

The Faceless Puppeteers own their name to their dreadful ability to penetrate one's mind and take control of the victim's body. The Puppeteer's will imposes itself into its host and bends it to its new master's every whims...

CHAMPION

7. SHADOW DRAGON / BLACK DRAGON

The Shadow Dragon is the avatar of Malassa, the Dragon Goddess of Darkness. They take the form of a dragon of onyx, with purple orbs embedded on their wings – these are the eyes of Malassa, capable of seeing any kind of shadows, litterary or metaphorically. The Shadow Lurkers are said to be born from these glowing orbs.
When a Shadow Dragon unfolds its wings in anger, the countless eyes mesmerize its enemies, summoning all kinds of terrifying nightmares in their broken minds. If a more deadly course of action is required, the Shadow Dragons can count on their physical might and their withering breath, that will slowly but surely consume their victim's lifeforce.

The legendary Black Dragons are the ultimate evolution of the Shadow Dragons. On their wings, the eyes of Malassa are replaced by intricate patterns of light constantly dissolving, like galaxies being swallowed by the eternal darkness of space.
Last edited by Avonu on 18 Jan 2013, 14:57, edited 10 times in total.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 04 Oct 2012, 14:11

The faction everyone was asking for! :hail:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Oct 2012, 14:28

parcaleste wrote:The faction everyone was asking for! :hail:
No me. I would prefer Tower and Rampart.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 04 Oct 2012, 16:27

Hi there, Raelag! Keep this in mind for the future, just about every woman you meet might actually be a shape-shifting succubus.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 04 Oct 2012, 16:30

Considering faceless was already big part of story, it was onyl reasonable that they should add them.
Let hope price wont be linear with those of DLC.... so 2 maps for 10 euro ..... that makes few campaigns(3 if we take homm 5 in consideration) , each several maps ... so that makes just 200 euro worth of game play.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 04 Oct 2012, 16:36

I thought if there was going to be an expansion it would be sylvan/rampart and dark elves. The campaign could be about how the dark elves were first persecuted and later went rogue.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 06 Oct 2012, 09:16

The campaigns in VI had 4 maps each, so that'd be 20 Euro per campaign. With 3 campaigns you end up at 60 Euro for the whole expansion, so unless you have to pay extra for the new faction, the expansion sits at a little less than 200. ;-) Also, maybe we can get a buy two get three discount on the campaigns, seeing as we're buying in bulk.

I can't remember the exact price VI had when it first came out, but I think it was around 50-60 euro, wasn't it? (Regular version, not the one with Haven bling.) I'd guess the expansion will be a bit cheaper, so around 40 euros seems likely.

Of course, bugs will be free of charge, as always.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 06 Oct 2012, 11:22

Pol wrote:
parcaleste wrote:The faction everyone was asking for! :hail:
No me. I would prefer Tower and Rampart.
Had to throw that <spoiler>srcastic</spoiler> tag there...

Konfuzius
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Konfuzius » 06 Oct 2012, 11:43

I have nothing against Dungeon but if they make another dark elf/cultist/Homm 5 like faction they can keep it...

I've always adored Dungeon in H3 and I still like playing it today but in Ashan they feel more like a poor filler. Where are my evil beast Warlocks and Overloards and whats the deal with these cultist elves? D:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Oct 2012, 13:45

Actually Warlock town from HoMM2 is the best - both by desing and units line-up.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Nov 2012, 18:53

I'm trying to get some more info about this; apparently the devs are really busy working on it, but I should be able to post a Q&A soon.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Nov 2012, 09:58

I've just been told it will take quite a while. I guess that should be corrected to soon™ :disagree:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 08 Nov 2012, 17:36

Well going by the other factions we should get less dark elves in the lineup this time... bring on the Maticores pls.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 08 Nov 2012, 18:48

Avonu wrote:Actually Warlock town from HoMM2 is the best - both by desing and units line-up.
Wow, that H2 Warlock town is awesome. 8|

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 29 Nov 2012, 08:53

Sudden realization: Ubisoft is releasing sequels to a game with less races than its predecessors and then asks money for expansion packs that add those races back in.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 29 Nov 2012, 10:46

Mozared wrote:Sudden realization: Ubisoft is releasing sequels to a game with less races than its predecessors and then asks money for expansion packs that add those races back in.
Well it is better than making only few races and then release two expansion sets with no new races at all.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Nov 2012, 12:38

More like insufficient budget, poor prioritiy plans and unexpected or overlooked issues comes at the cost of less factios/content.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 29 Nov 2012, 13:47

More like insufficient budget, poor prioritiy plans and unexpected or overlooked issues comes at the cost of less factions/content.
If you mean homm4 example I suggested , then I doubt they could add new race anyway, as they blatantly ripped off MTG system.
As for homm5, sure they could have added more factions to begin with, but objectively speaking, adding race for homm6 is way more work than for example for homm3, where race was 7units/2 sprites for heroes/1 sound track and one castle screen.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 29 Nov 2012, 23:37

Elvin wrote:More like insufficient budget, poor prioritiy plans and unexpected or overlooked issues comes at the cost of less factios/content.
They definitely had their reasons and the expansions do add actual content in terms of story and such, but the realization I had still made me kind of sad. The biggest selling point of their expansion right now is content that was included in previous games from the get-go. Purely technically seen, we should be getting this stuff as free DLC. At least H5's Dwarves were somewhat new, as were the Orcs in the incarnation we got them in. Come to think of it, here's to hoping the Dark Elves are completely different from the H5 ones.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 03 Dec 2012, 16:27

Mozared wrote:Sudden realization: Ubisoft is releasing sequels to a game with less races than its predecessors and then asks money for expansion packs that add those races back in.
Worse than that: they're re-adding the faction that they screwed up the most in HoMM5.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”