Might and Magic 6 - Can you store items in containers?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
jono_747
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Might and Magic 6 - Can you store items in containers?

Unread postby jono_747 » 31 Oct 2012, 20:35

concerning the the chests and containers in the game:

just wondering if items disappear or if you can keep your belongings in them that you want to keep for or sell later.

Bones_xa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bones_xa » 31 Oct 2012, 21:04

Well, most outside areas reset after like 6 months, but most dungeons reset after like 2 game years.
I'm pretty sure you can store items in some dungeon and they will remain there for 2 years at least. But just have to remember to watch the date if you don't want to lose the stuff.
As far as a place to store stuff permanently, I'm not sure where in MM6, but there might be somewhere. ?
In MM7 I'm pretty sure its in your castle, and in MM8 its in the basement of the Ravenshore house where the alliance members sit.

jono_747
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jono_747 » 31 Oct 2012, 21:23

thanks for the quick reply firstly,

so if the outside chests reset every 6 months, does that mean i can come back to the same containers after and it will have new set of random treasures?

Bones_xa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bones_xa » 31 Oct 2012, 21:38

Yes, after 6 months all the monsters and chests are regenerated. Which means, anything that was left in those chests before the 6 months will be wiped out too. I think it is 6 months to when you first enter that area but I'm not 100% sure on that. So the first place this will happen will be in the New Scorpigal outside area you start the game in.

There might be somewhere in MM6 to store items permanently, but I don't remember hearing of anywhere for sure. Some places I could mention where it would maybe work like ones that don't have monsters in them would just be a guess.

jono_747
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jono_747 » 31 Oct 2012, 21:44

then I guess it would be worth going back to certain locations with some of the higher grade item chests after 6 months. Anyways thanks for your answers. :)

Flodarien
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Flodarien » 01 Nov 2012, 03:40

Not every zone are on a 6 month timer. New Sorpigal is, but Ironfist and Mist are on a 24 months respawn timer, and Bootleg Bay is on 8 months.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 01 Nov 2012, 08:45

Bones_xa wrote: In MM7 I'm pretty sure its in your castle, and in MM8 its in the basement of the Ravenshore house where the alliance members sit.
Harmondale castle is safe for storing. In mm8 ravenshore merchant house however is not as it respawns and destroys any items. But I found that storing on unused hirelings in inn is much safer and convenient.

Bones_xa
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Bones_xa » 01 Nov 2012, 23:08

tress wrote:In mm8 ravenshore merchant house however is not as it respawns and destroys any items. But I found that storing on unused hirelings in inn is much safer and convenient.
Are you sure about this? Because I thought I remembered one of the townspeople (maybe that first guy in the house, don't remember his name, that sits with the alliance members?) telling you that there are chests down there to store items permanently. Also, I usually put gem stones and unique artifacts in them and have left them there for long periods of time and I've never seen them gone.
If this is true, then it would indeed be better to store stuff on the other hirelings.

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 02 Nov 2012, 03:00

He says they are safe, but he lies. I can confirm you lose items in the chests downstairs after a long enough time.

Nomad
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Nomad » 02 Nov 2012, 12:25

Obselisk treasure chest in mm6, maybe?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 02 Nov 2012, 13:04

Nomad wrote:Obselisk treasure chest in mm6, maybe?
Nope. Only MM7 has persistent containers.

Return to “Might and Magic”