CH Heroes VI Review

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
jeff

Re: CH Heroes VI Review

Unread postby jeff » 18 Sep 2012, 20:14

camelotcrusade wrote:What I'd really like to see is a "What I love about HoMM VI" article as contrast to all the moaning. And if you can't do that then how can you call yourselves a "fan" site??!
I can understand if you like the game you can become tired of all the criticism. However whether the staff here shows love for H-6 or not does not change the fact this is a "fan" site. There are staff members who have given at least tepid approval of H-6. The site is dedicated to the entire MM universe not just H-6. You imply perhaps unintentionally that everything UBI and 3DO/NWC has published in the MM universe has to be at least acknowledged as being somewhat good. It really doesn't work that way, and never did.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

CH Heroes VI Review

Unread postby Artas1984 » 04 Oct 2012, 15:38

So H6 is a piece of trash, and even worse than H5? No surprise here.

I have come to conclusion that there is no such thing as Heroes community, because if it had been, we'd have good games released, not some garbage analogs, pretending to be Heroes. It looks as if Ubisoft is actually living in some other dimension, not where we live.

Jeff: you spoke my troughs - for some fans like us, mapmaking or modcrafting is the thing for which we still hang on to the franchise. I really think, that for Heroes 3 & 4 mapmaking and modcrafting were the true advertising and community gathering factors, instead of campaigns or internet play.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

CH Heroes VI Review

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Oct 2012, 17:01

@camelotcrusade: If you write a "what I love about H6" article, I'd be happy to post it here.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

CH Heroes VI Review

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Oct 2012, 17:27

camelotcrusade: Fan sites are enthusiastic and positive at the start. Then most of them die within a year or two. Over the years, those who remain get a little more mature, objective, and retain the original source of their enthusiasm (i.e. the early Heroes games) as a point of reference. So yes, CH is more like a grumpy old man than an impressionable kid. That's not a problem I'd say; the problem is that no impressionable fan site took over, the kids have nobody but old men to listen to. :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

CH Heroes VI Review

Unread postby ttague2005 » 14 Jan 2013, 15:36

I still play Heroes 3 and 5. 2 and 3 were the best. Heroes 6 was the worst game I have played period. The AI was terrible. The game play was lousy. I simply cannot figure out how it ever got developed. Didn't anyone play the game during development or worst case before releasing it? It crashed often and the online requirement was ridiculous. The worst part was that I REALLY wanted to love this game. I played it often and patiently. I ended up regretting even wasting my time. Complaints and feedback never seems to be acknowledged by Ubi.

By the way - "the things I like about H6" are the graphics.

forgottenlor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

CH Heroes VI Review

Unread postby forgottenlor » 17 Feb 2013, 10:24

Good review. Obviously everyone is going to have a different take, but you and others make it clear what you don't and do like. I haven't bought the game, largely due to having an old computer. When I get a new one, I'll probably pick it up. I've played the entire heroes series. I did not like 4, which had terrible balance and the wierd heroeless unit mechanic. I enjoyed Heroes 5 much better, but I primarily like a decent story and playing through the campaigns. An editor and the like don't really interest me. So if Heroes 6 has a decent campaign I'll give it a try.

Return to “Articles”