Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - A Wormful of Demons

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Sep 2012, 20:25

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/802
May the Implosion be with you!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Sep 2012, 20:25

* 2nd mine collapsed on me on reaching exactly 400 crystals.

* At the very start of the mission, I did not clear the resources around 1' and the first enemy hero came from there. I was able to beat him without him ever getting a chance to act, and got the very useful Emerald Umi Bow, which removes range and obstacle penalties and add 3+ damage to shooters attacks. This way my Cyclops and my Goblins were able to have 100% range shortly after the mission started.

* Besides the Crystal Eyeglasses, you can also use Horn(s) of Plenty and Alchemist Robe (latter requires a magic hero, which I did not have, so I bought one).
Edited on Sun, Sep 02 2012, 16:42 by Naki

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - A Wormful of Dem

Unread postby Naki » 04 Sep 2012, 18:17

Was your Sandor Tears??

I did not get any "Sunk ship" quest, but a quest to kill the Inferno hero. My Sandor was Blood.

Also, unlike in your case, the first mine to collapse for me was the one near Fort D, then second was near Fort F.
Edited on Mon, Sep 10 2012, 19:44 by Naki

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 10 Sep 2012, 22:53

You can also use the un-upgraded DreamWalker unit's Earth spell to cause extra damage to the Boss! I was able to beat the Boss in just 2 turns this way. :) Playing on Normal.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 04 Aug 2013, 05:24

merchant is indeed a good skill for this; acts like 2 marketplaces for trade purposes!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 04 Aug 2013, 06:08

crystal eyeglasses always spawn a short ways south of your start town. You two random loot generators right next to your town, one to the NE and one to the West. the one to the NE can generate relics, so just restart the map till you get the emerald yumi spawning there.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 04 Aug 2013, 06:46

alternatively in the first week, if you did a decent job building up your secondary magic hero, you can have that hero immediately take fort "F", even with the paltry troops she has, simply by a couple of castings of chain lightning and a summon earth elemental. then you can portal sandor to take town g before the end of the week!

that's assuming your aren't playing hard. If you are, the scripted army defending the first town might be a bit much to take on in the first week. If so, instead go for fort E, where there are lots of easy resources and an elite unit facility at your easy disposal. take the free inferno units to pad your tiny army. again, either chain lighting and/or earth elemental will clear almost everything in this area, and there is a mana doubler and a dragon vein right next to the fort. I picked up 8 crystal, 6k in gold, and a handful of wood and stone in 2 days there, enabling me to build all core and elite structures in my first town in the first week. What's more, if you hit the firestorm generator, you should have just enough troops and firepower to eradicate the enemy hero when they approach towards the end of the week. AFAICT, that eliminates that town being a threat, as they don't seem to generate another hero for at least 2 more weeks (the time it took before I finally got around to taking that town).

Edited on Sat, Aug 10 2013, 19:42 by Sir_Toejam

Return to “Articles”