DLC 2: Danse Macabre Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Re: DLC 2: Danse Macabre Announced

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 24 Aug 2012, 22:10

hellegennes wrote:MM6 only had four (intro, 2 outros and the short video of the traitor disappearing from inside the high council's chamber). MM7 had 8 IIRC (intro, subintro, Harmondale, good arbiter, bad arbiter, Archie's exile, good ending, bad ending). MM8 had more than 10, again, if I remember correctly.
Don't forget Good plans & evil plans before the final quest.

Also, I don't think 3DO started to go entirely downhill until Heroes chronicles made for just money and Might & Magic 8.

Yes Might and Magic 7 had less content, and it's much harder to get up to level 100 even then it was to get level 200 in 6 from lack of areas to explore. But it had other big improvements that made it better, and it's dungeons, while smaller, tended to be much more unique and detailed, rather than just a bunch of wide open areas and walls that all look the same, filled with monsters, like quite a few of the biggest Might & Magic 6 dungeons.

Also, don't forget, Heroes 3 Shadows of Death came out after Might and Magic 7, it had a lot of great new features and content that the previous 2 heroes game lacked (like the ability to select your difficulty on campaigns, random map generator, artifact sets, another great story).

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Aug 2012, 22:37

So welcome H7 it seems. But without me.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 25 Aug 2012, 13:23

The milking is strong within Ubi.
Infiltrator out.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Aug 2012, 22:20

Two things I forgot to mention previous:
>>>This Gold Edition includes the original game Might & Magic Heroes VI, the two Adventure Packs and an exclusive new map. You will be able to take part in the infamous succession wars on this exclusive map based on the original Might & Magic world of Enroth.
1. Great job Ubi. So if anyone wants exclusive map, (s)he must buy Gold Edition, right? And what about players who bought HVI and both DLCs already (are going to buy your second DLC anyway)?
What's their reward from you for being loyal (stupid?) enough to buy your overpriced products with DDRM and falling servers? Ahh, right, none.

2. Succession Wars again? We have already great game about it, which tells this story from point of view of both conflict sides and it have 10-11 maps in campaign (per side), not only one map.
Maybe it's time to make something new and original and not only base game on nostalgia and past characters?

Not, I really don't care if this map is exclusive or not, but let face it, gold edition is HVI and two DLCs (+ sw map). If you bought both DLCs separete, you not only you spent much more money but also you have less for higher price.
There are companies, who will reward loyal players instead of punishing them.

ShadowLiberal wrote:Also, don't forget, Heroes 3 Shadows of Death came out after Might and Magic 7, it had a lot of great new features and content that the previous 2 heroes game lacked (like the ability to select your difficulty on campaigns, random map generator, artifact sets, another great story).
Artifact sets were in Armageddon's Blade (hidden but hidden but they were).

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 27 Aug 2012, 02:38

I wonder how bad this will get until the dust finally settles. :rip:

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 27 Aug 2012, 05:22

Avonu wrote: Artifact sets were in Armageddon's Blade (hidden but hidden but they were).
They were only present if you play an AB version map in SoD, i.e you can't place any SoD features on the map, but if you collect all the components for an artifact set, you'll be given choice to compose it.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 27 Aug 2012, 06:05

Nope, you can get them in AB campaigns. If you collected all artifacts from one set, you have an option to combine them into set item, but only once and you cannot separete them later.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: DLC 2: Danse Macabre Announced

Unread postby Pitsu » 27 Aug 2012, 09:25

ShadowLiberal wrote: Also, don't forget, Heroes 3 Shadows of Death came out after Might and Magic 7, it had a lot of great new features and content that the previous 2 heroes game lacked (like the ability to select your difficulty on campaigns, random map generator, artifact sets, another great story).
As said before, H2 PoL had RMG and Anduran artifact set. I do not remember any possibility to get sets in armageddons blade though.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 27 Aug 2012, 12:45

Avonu wrote:> There are companies, who will reward loyal players instead of punishing them.
Like Stardock. Every early purchaser of Elemental: War of Magic will get the second game, Elemental: Fallen Enchantress, for free. Just because they were loyal customers.

ronus03
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ronus03 » 01 Sep 2012, 17:39

Yup, it sounds like they're packing up. I had such high hopes for this game too. I agree with some of you. A gold edition now must mean the final blow for MMHVI.

In the thread (official forum) about patch 1.6 and 1.7 Limbic stated, " You need to know that, as announced a few months ago, we will ensure the support of Heroes 6 until the patch 1.7." The word "until" sounds pretty final to me. Personally, I think Limbic is doing a much better job than Black Hole. If UbiMush is still going to continue the sixth instalment, why not with Limbic?
Edited on Tue, Sep 11 2012, 11:01 by ronus03
Hats off to all contributors, in all shapes and sizes. Keep up the good work.

Return to “News”