Polls Recap

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Korbac
Peasant
Peasant

Polls Recap

Unread postby Korbac » 18 Aug 2012, 00:32

"Dwarves being side by side with elves was there from Heroes I. And why does it have to copy Tolkien's style? How come is it better? Maybe you prefer it this way, but that doesn't make it a better choice."

My thoughts exactly.

"I'd rather have they sell the franchise to a publisher who actually cares about it."

I haven't played Ubi's games, except for Clash of Heroes. If they are bad, then definitely a different publisher is preferable :/

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Polls Recap

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 18 Aug 2012, 07:30

The_Lizard wrote:>Middle-earth's world probably has more connection between elves and humans, than elves and dwarves, don't you think?
Not really. Humans were the afterborn, and their appearance on Middle Earth was due to different forces than those that created elves and dwarves. Neither elves nor dwarves could anticipate where, when or how humans were to appear, because they were created by Ilúvatar alone. And they had the Gift of Men: short lifespans, no returning to the halls of Mandos, and radically different fate. Elves and dwarves were destined to be on the decline from the get go, while humans were destined to flourish. Hence why by the Third Age, we don't see a whole lot of elves and dwarves, but we see a lot of humans. Also, while elves and dwarves treated each other as companions, the relationship between elves and humans was more like a master and a student, with some humans always feeling jealousy due to elves' immortality. And while they were allies most of the time, it was more often during the times of war. After all, unlike the dwarves, humans had little to offer to elves, aside from troops.

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Polls Recap

Unread postby Blueman » 28 Aug 2012, 14:21

Apparently they are too busy fixing things, so the second DLC will be available in september instead of an expansion in december.....:(

Return to “News”