Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 13 Aug 2012, 12:31

Do we have a formula for mana regeneration?

bethrezen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bethrezen » 13 Aug 2012, 12:33

A hero with heroism(haste, slow, ice armor,etc) speciality have a bonus to mass heroeism also?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Sep 2012, 10:53

bethrezen wrote:A hero with heroism(haste, slow, ice armor,etc) speciality have a bonus to mass heroeism also?
I think not - just for regular Heroism, but not Mass.
May the Implosion be with you!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Sep 2012, 10:55

Question:
Does leveling up increase the hero's movement points? Or do they stay the same, and Level 1, Level 10/20/30 heroes have the same movement points?
I vaguely recall (may be incorrect) that Heroes V had this.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 02 Sep 2012, 11:42

Disciples II had it, HV and VI - I don't think so.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Sep 2012, 12:07

parcaleste wrote:Disciples II had it, HV and VI - I don't think so.
OK, thanks! It is a bug then. :)
My Irina had 70+ movement points (80+ with bonuses) in Sanctuary Campaign mission 4 - I assume some of these movement points carried over from missions 1/2/3. :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 02 Sep 2012, 12:20

Naki wrote:
parcaleste wrote:Disciples II had it, HV and VI - I don't think so.
OK, thanks! It is a bug then. :)
My Irina had 70+ movement points (80+ with bonuses) in Sanctuary Campaign mission 4 - I assume some of these movement points carried over from missions 1/2/3. :D
If it's a bug it's omnipresented. I have it too, especially for the highleveled heroes. They are extremely speedy. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Sep 2012, 12:43

Campaign only, or single/multi-player too?
Also, I don't think I got this one in the Stronghold campaign - my Sandor has "normal" movement points there.
Not sure about the Haven/etc campaigns.
I have never played Single scenario or Multi, yet.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Sep 2012, 13:28

Naki wrote:My Irina had 70+ movement points (80+ with bonuses) in Sanctuary Campaign mission 4 - I assume some of these movement points carried over from missions 1/2/3. :D
Yes, indeed.
There was (is?) a bug when your hero all temporary movement bonuses (from artifacts or map buildings) become permanent on next scenario in campaign.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 02 Sep 2012, 14:47

You are correct that is may be 'WAS'.
Not sure, but it seems this may have carried over from an old patch version of the game, even if 1.5.2 patch is OK.
OTOH, this does not explain why my Sanctuary hero has this bug, and my Stronghold hero does not.
I have been playing the game since patch 1.1.1, and then 1.2 and so on. I have not finished the Campaigns yet - I am going slow and not playing every day/week.
P.S. I mean "real world" days/weeks, not the game ones. :D

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Sep 2012, 17:56

So simply, the best advice now to see (if fixed) is to replay all campaigns again. Sigh, sigh. They should do it 2D and bug free for such a requirement.

Even chess can take a hours. Someone overcalculated.

I'm soon planning to buy a new hdd. If will be interesting to see what will happen to the game activation.

Ideally the change should not touch it, for the same principle as the change of VGA card shouldn't. But Ubisoft.. - twice patch, then check.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 24 Sep 2012, 18:06

Question: Does Sisters/Vestals Pacify ability work on a Morale half-turn (second turn after good Morale)? If it does, does it work half as effectively?

I.e. if a unit can be pacified on a Full turn (first turn when good Morale, or any move when no Morale bonus), does that mean a half-turn could result in no Pacify (if the unit is stronger).

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 24 Sep 2012, 18:08

Pol wrote: I'm soon planning to buy a new hdd. If will be interesting to see what will happen to the game activation.

Ideally the change should not touch it, for the same principle as the change of VGA card shouldn't. But Ubisoft.. - twice patch, then check.
I changed my HDD to a SSD. No problems!
I also changed to a new videocard (from AMD/ATI to Nvidia) - again, no issues.

I play in Offline mode, however.
I used EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.1 (the free one - Home Edition) to clone the HDD partitions to the SSD (one dummy system 100 MB partition that Windows 7 creates + my main OS partition). Since the HDD is 1 TB and had 3 partitions, I did not clone the 3rd one, as it would not fit on the SSD, which is 360 GBs.
Last edited by Naki on 24 Sep 2012, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 24 Sep 2012, 18:22

Naki wrote:Question: Does Sisters/Vestals Pacify ability work on a Morale half-turn (second turn after good Morale)? If it does, does it work half as effectively?

I.e. if a unit can be pacified on a Full turn (first turn when good Morale, or any move when no Morale bonus), does that mean a half-turn could result in no Pacify (if the unit is stronger).
Pacify definitely works on a morale turn, I use it a lot to pacify several enemies at once. I don't know about the effectiveness, but my guess would be that it stays the same. I'm not completely sure how the calculation works here, but the stacks I hit are generally the same size and I've never seen Pacify work on the first unit but not on the second.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 24 Sep 2012, 18:38

Naki wrote:
Pol wrote: I'm soon planning to buy a new hdd. If will be interesting to see what will happen to the game activation.

I changed my HDD to a SSD. No problems!
I also changed to a new videocard (from AMD/ATI to Nvidia) - again, no issues.

I play in Offline mode, however.
I used EASEUS Partition Master to clone the HDD partitions to the SSD (one dummy system 100 MB partition that Windows 7 creates + my main OS partition). Since the HDD is 1 TB and had 3 partitions, I did not clone the 3rd one, as it would not fit on the SSD, which is 360 GBs.
I will use Clonezilla and Online mode. It will be a mission!
"We made it!"

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 03 Oct 2012, 01:19

Ell1e wrote:It definitely doesn't change during battle, if Succubus acts before Succubus 2 in the first turn, they'll act first during all following turns, unless something changes their ini.
That's absolutely not true. It changes constantly for me. Playing Haven, I usually split sentries into one big stack for attacking, and 2 smaller stacks for the Shieldguard effect. From one round to the next, I never know when my big stack would go before the smaller ones.

And if I fight another army of the same faction, my markmen might go first on the first round, and the other side's markmen might go first the next round.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Oct 2012, 15:00

danhvo wrote: That's absolutely not true. It changes constantly for me. Playing Haven, I usually split sentries into one big stack for attacking, and 2 smaller stacks for the Shieldguard effect. From one round to the next, I never know when my big stack would go before the smaller ones.
I'm nearly sure order of your own creatures with the same initiative is determined by battlefield position: top to bottom, left to right.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 04 Oct 2012, 02:17

wimfrits wrote: I'm nearly sure order of your own creatures with the same initiative is determined by battlefield position: top to bottom, left to right.
I was coming to that conclusion as well. That's why Ell1e thinks it never changes, because succubi, as shooters, probably don't move during a battle, whereas my sentries move around to attack, and so change their order from round to round.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 06 Oct 2012, 13:00

Maybe this was discussed, but let me ask again:
* Does the Tear of Asha structure give a 1.5x weekly growth bonus GLOBALLY (for all towns/forts) or does it give a LOCAL bonus only for the town it is built in? Playing Necro right now.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 06 Oct 2012, 13:40

Tear of Asha growth bonus is GLOBAL (for all your cities).

Return to “Heroes V-VI”