Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 08 Aug 2012, 14:46

ThunderTitan wrote: But.. the sHINY!!!!
And 3D! :-D
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 08 Aug 2012, 17:55

I perfectly understand why you guys do not want a remake of Heroes III. Who would want a copy of a copy of a copy anyway? As we know Heroes III itself is just a remake of Heroes II, which in turn is a remake of Heroes I. If to make something anew it should be the original Heroes I !

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 08 Aug 2012, 18:14

"All we got from Ubisoft was Heroes 3 remake and some weird mix of stuff which is a total failure."

What we got from Ubi was an attempt to make a better game than H5, which they absolutely did. If you didn't like H5 (and I would empathize with you), then you're beef is more with Ubi and not H6 itself. But if not, I have to disagree with you completely.

You don't to take my word for it either. Game reviewers of all kinds admitted that H6 is the most refreshing, immersive, and genuine Heroes game we've gotten in a while.

Areas of control were implemented to force conflict by prioritizing conquest (which is what the game is about) and end resource wars.

Rare resources were combined into a single rare resource that all factions can use. Since every faction in every Heroes game ever primarily used a specific rare resource to fuel its economy, making a single resource that each faction can use equally well has zero negative impact on gameplay and just makes acquiring resources less tedious in general.

Although I preferred H5's skill system (the only thing the game had going for it honestly), the H6 skill system uses trees. Not groundbreaking, but not broken either. There are several pros and cons to the skill tree system the way they implemented it, but the bottom line is that it works, and its something different from past games as well.

Then of course there is the fact that the game has better, more realistic graphics AND music.

If you're going to play the "Broken Online Interface" card, not only is that not part of the game, but I doubt the issues were Black Hole's fault to begin with.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 08 Aug 2012, 19:31

I have referred the insiders to the poll numbers and contents. Maybe they'll take some of it into account? :)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Poll: H6 Expansion or H7?

Unread postby Pitsu » 08 Aug 2012, 19:39

@CloudRiderX

Been watching lot of Fox news lately?

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 08 Aug 2012, 20:11

@pitsu

Whatever underlying point you are trying to make, you might as well just come out with it. The question is irrelevant and any response to the underlying point would be based only on speculation.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 08 Aug 2012, 22:28

All that "tedious" resource war/managment stuff was part of a heroes game, if you did not like it, maybe heroes was not the game for you to begin with.
It was the compleet package of turn based warfare AND resource managment that made the game, if you take one element away than you just get totally diff game.
In the past you could strike an opponent in diff ways, depriving them of their most needed recourses or attacking their towns, Now there's only one way and it get's boring real quick...
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 08 Aug 2012, 22:56

I agree that resource management is part of war, but for anyone who isn't a hardcore competitive player, "resource war" is just a shorter way of saying "other players can camp your mines and there is nothing you can do about it." Whether its a human player or AI, it gets old real fast.

Its a design decision that combats passive gameplay, which - to a certain extent - can be counter-productive in a game that revolves around action. You can still claim enemy mines, but you just can't send a fodder hero to the enemy area and take every mine and not worry if he gets caught or not because it doesn't matter. In real war, 99% of "resource management" requires some war-like effort to begin with, so I don't really understand what the big deal is.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Aug 2012, 23:31

Toejam wrote:All that "tedious" resource war/managment stuff was part of a heroes game, if you did not like it, maybe heroes was not the game for you to begin with.
Whoa grasshopper, H-IV approached resource management in a far better way to the point UBI at least put caravans into H-5 after fan complaints. In fact the way the did caravans might be the only thing I liked about H-5. Whether you liked H-IV or not it is a Heroes game. Many of us just out grew wanting to micromanage resources, require them yes but not the tedium of H-III, otherwise MOO3 might have been a success.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 09 Aug 2012, 06:18

Pitsu wrote:>I perfectly understand why you guys do not want a remake of Heroes III. Who would want a copy of a copy of a copy anyway? As we know Heroes III itself is just a remake of Heroes II, which in turn is a remake of Heroes I. If to make something anew it should be the original Heroes I !
That is an interesting point, actually. HoMM1 had a different formula, and is quite dated now. It has a solid foundation, and with a bit of work, you could get a good game out of its model. Just take a different approach to dealing with the same problems that later games did (or perhaps even not change anything in some cases), and you have something new and unique.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Aug 2012, 13:03

H3 took H2's gameplay and made every faction more conform to the same build pattern... i still don't get why it's the best liked in the series.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

krpan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krpan » 12 Aug 2012, 11:12

expansion for h6 would be great, but I rather see that ubisoft will go straight to h7. because if they do expansion there will be less story, creatures, campaign... so, heroes 7 will be greater than expansion for me.

krpan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krpan » 12 Aug 2012, 11:15

heroes 6 and heroes 3 is the greater game of all series of heroes.

krpan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krpan » 12 Aug 2012, 11:16

so heroes 6 is a good game, just at the start it was ****ty balance. but know it is fantastic

krpan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krpan » 12 Aug 2012, 11:22

the only thing i hate about heroes 6 is that i miss map editor. in all series of heroes you have a chance to create your own games, but here you can"t!!!!!

krpan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krpan » 12 Aug 2012, 11:22

mapes*

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 12 Aug 2012, 11:24

@krpan: H6 does have a map editor, it is located in the install folder of the game.
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

krpan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby krpan » 12 Aug 2012, 11:38

really? oh, thanks

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Aug 2012, 14:29

ThunderTitan wrote:H3 took H2's gameplay and made every faction more conform to the same build pattern... i still don't get why it's the best liked in the series.
Two words: Map Editor
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Karmakeld » 12 Aug 2012, 21:02

@ CloudRiderX. I've never played beyond H4. have bought 5, but haven't yet installed it, so I'm not familiar with either "simultaneous turns" or "dynamic battle"?
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “News”