Patch 1.5.2 bugs - REPORT bugs here

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Patch 1.5.2 bugs - REPORT bugs here

Unread postby Naki » 20 Jul 2012, 09:51

Please report any old non-fixed bugs, or new bugs HERE.

ERIT: Changed title to 1.5.2, released today (July 26th 2012) - was 1.5.1.
Last edited by Naki on 26 Jul 2012, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.
May the Implosion be with you!

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 20 Jul 2012, 12:04

Sephiel's voice still healing 10 hitpoints
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 20 Jul 2012, 13:18

0) Copyright years bug: The intro screen says Copyright 2012.
Should be 2011-2012 instead.

1) Skills/spells scrollbar bug (which occurs when switching between All skills/Tears/Blood/Balanced ---> NOT FIXED.

2) Archlich Special does not heal target friendly stack if the enemy stack dies (and sometimes even if it does not). ---> Not sure if this is fixed, or not - PLEASE someone test it!!

3) Dual monitor + Alt-Tab bug ---> NOT FIXED.
Details of bug: Run game, start a mission.
Alt+Tab out of the game into Windows.
Switch back to game again.
Result: Cursor now goes to 2nd monitor if you move it to the right. So, you can only scroll to the right via the Right arrow key on the keyboard, or via the minimap, but not via the border mouse scroll.
Expected: Cursor to stay on the 1st/main monitor only, so that you can scroll to the right.

4) Slow exit time - NOT fixed. Takes 20-30+ seconds to exit.
With 1.2 exit time was under 5 seconds.

5) Meditation spell restores much more mana (50%) than it is supposed to. (Description says 15%.) ---> NF

6) When you "Slow" an enemy unit, then right-click it, the description for movement says Slow +2. It should say Slow -2.
Same with Haste on your own units, or Haste cast on the enemy units by the enemy hero, or any spells/skills/etc that change creature speed, such as some Sanctuary buildings/etc.

7) (AI bug) When attacking a town/fort with no hero and only some troops, the enemy troops will stay behind the walls and not attack, although they would cause a lot of damage, if they did.
They just defend and then attack when you have killed most of them with your shooters and their attack won't cause any major damage any more.
EXPECTED: The defending enemy troops to go out of the gate and attack you at once.

8) Movement bonuses from a previous mission sometimes carry over into next mission when playing the campaign.
For example, my Sanctuary Irina hero had over 60 movement points, while my 2nd in command had 50-something movement points - while this makes the game much easier, it is obviously a bad bug.

9) Keyboard buttons W and D do not work if defending.
They work if attacking.

10) Sometimes can not view enemy hero stats by right-clicking him/her in a battle.

11) Sanctuary unit Mizu-Kami Sprint Link does not work reliably - for example, sometimes target friendly unit is healed by Regeneration or Waves of Renewal cast on them, but Mizu-Kamis are not although they should (as all beneficial spells are supposed to affect both units). (And sometimes it works fine, so it is inconsistent.)

12) "Frozen" spell (enemy target unit Speed -1) + Slow do not stack, but they should.
Example: Enemy unit has speed of 5. You shoot at it with the Sanctuary range unit that has the "Frozen" effect - its speed gets reduced by 1 (correctly). Then you cast Slow or Mass Slow, which should reduce the enemy unit speed further, but does not.

13) The Despair spell appears broken in the Necropolis campaign with patch 1.5.1, as it increases the target enemy Morale instead of reducing it.

14) Major problem when buying artifacts - may not have come in 1.5, but 1.4, but is still there - in the Advanced Marketplace, you can not see if an artifact you can buy requires a magic hero/might hero, or a specific race/faction hero. You COULD see that in older versions.

15) Battle music keeps playing after you visit an Arena. Should stop playing (and does if you open one of your cities).

16) NEW BUG: Sometimes when you give a spell scroll from one hero to another, the hero that had it still appears to have it in his/her Spell book. It shouldn't be that way.

17) CAMPAIGN/cutscene bug - Most probably introduced in version 1.5. Problem is this: In Sanctuary Mission 4 there is a small dialog scene when you attack a certain enemy hero (not a full screen cut scene, but just a dialog in the middle of the screen), first words appear in text, but no voice. Can not skip to next screen of the dialog scene, can only close the dialog.
Expected: The enemy hero to say the words out loud, then your hero to say something/etc, so that you can see the whole dialog. Also, be able to click the arrow to go to the next line of words (next part of dialog scene).

Also, after you defeat the enemy hero, he tries to say something extra, but only says "Ohh" and then the text that appears is covered by the list of units of the 2nd enemy hero (who is inside the town) and the sound is cut off.
Expected: To be able to see and hear the whole thing that enemy hero says after you defeat him.

NOTE: May affect other factions/Campaign missions dialog scenes too, not sure - have to test.
Last edited by Naki on 24 Jul 2012, 20:28, edited 17 times in total.

Datau
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Datau » 21 Jul 2012, 16:43

Curse of the Netherworld doesn't work as written in the tooltip: instead of doing X damage on all enemy stacks, it does X/(nr. of stacks) damage to each enemy stack.
Needless to say, this makes COTN completely useless.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 24 Jul 2012, 08:39

The achievements for winning 5/25/100 battles with your main hero are bugged for me. I already have the achievement, but every time I start a map I get the message that I've unlocked the first achievement after 5 battles. No free dynasty points though.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Jul 2012, 09:14

Ell1e wrote:The achievements for winning 5/25/100 battles with your main hero are bugged for me. I already have the achievement, but every time I start a map I get the message that I've unlocked the first achievement after 5 battles.
They are not only for you. They reset which every new patch and you need to collect them again (not big thing but it's a little annoying).
Ell1e wrote:No free dynasty points though.
:disagree: :devil:

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 24 Jul 2012, 20:23

Major bug:
18) Sometimes for no particular reason the game will FREEZE - cursor still moves and music keeps playing, but the screen stops redrawing.
Then you can only kill the process of the game from Task Manager, there is no other way to continue. Also, even if you try to switch to Windows, you can NOT use your main monitor (I have 2 monitors) - the game seems to have captured the mouse, as mouse cursor appears, but you can't click anywhere.
I assume if you have just one monitor, you may be screwed, as you can't even kill the game process via Task Manager, if you don't move the Task Manager window to 2nd monitor.

19) Iron Elementals Cremation ability (that is triggered on them dying) does not work correctly.

20) When you lose an Arena battle, the text that appears says "Your hero is dead, you can revive him in a town with a Tavern", which is wrong - all Arena fights are test/mock fights (with no losses even if some troops die), and the hero is still right there in front of the Arena and is not dead.
Expected: It should instead say something like "You lost the Arena battle, please try again."

21) Blazing Glories Special ability is still bugged (units wont return to life after battle).
Last edited by Naki on 27 Jul 2012, 13:24, edited 2 times in total.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 25 Jul 2012, 21:34

Avonu wrote:They are not only for you. They reset which every new patch and you need to collect them again (not big thing but it's a little annoying).
No, it's every single hero in every single game. I finished Sanctuary 1 and got all the popups, then I went on to Sanctuary 2 and got them again. The achievement itself is still marked as finished, it's just those popups.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Jul 2012, 19:31

Feature request: Return sorting maps - according the size, name, number of players - as in the previous games on the scenario selection screen (Single Player -> Custom game -> Game selector).

I'm curious if the boys from Ubi ever used (long time played with many maps) their own creation?

Remaining bug:
Sometimes the enemy hero stats cannot be shown in the battle. All the clicking is useless. (Happened when attacking AI hero in the Fort.)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 28 Jul 2012, 20:33

Pol wrote:Feature request: Return sorting maps - according the size, name, number of players - as in the previous games on the scenario selection screen (Single Player -> Custom game -> Game selector).

I'm curious if the boys from Ubi ever used (long time played with many maps) their own creation?

Remaining bug:
Sometimes the enemy hero stats cannot be shown in the battle. All the clicking is useless. (Happened when attacking AI hero in the Fort.)
* Feature requests are not bugs.
* The unable to view stats is already listed above, bug 10). It does not happen only in Forts, but towns too.
(You mean cannot be "viewed".)

crees0921
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

All 1.5.1 "Pirates.." Maps Crashing

Unread postby crees0921 » 28 Jul 2012, 23:14

All my saved - auto and manual - games crash duing the loading in 1.5.2.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 29 Jul 2012, 07:30

Naki wrote: * Feature requests are not bugs.
* The unable to view stats is already listed above, bug 10). It does not happen only in Forts, but towns too.
(You mean cannot be "viewed".)
True, but it was presented in all previous version (never played H5) - so it's bug by design. And that also counts. How they could omit such logical function I don't know. On the other hand ... well they have a long list.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 29 Jul 2012, 17:40

22) If you use the Haven special building that lets you view a part of the map, scrolling will be disabled until you click a town and leave it again.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 31 Jul 2012, 17:24

23) Haven Guardian Angel Special seems to say (in its description) that the target unit is protected from all DAMAGE. It seems that Spells don't work too, so the description should say "all damage and spells". That is not clear and unambigous now.
For example, Slow spell does no damage, but can not be cast on a unit under the effect of Guardian Angel.

Volti
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Volti » 31 Jul 2012, 19:00

it seems since Monday it looses all my saved games from that date...very big bug

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Aug 2012, 13:46

Don't know if they are really bugs or just bad programming but something about DLC 1st map (version 1.5.2 ofc):

- During fight with Thunderbird, if Cyclops are hit by TB special attack (this one which require walk to tree), it triggers at the begining of Cyclops' turn, not after one-eye movement. So you can lost all stack, because you even don't have oportunity to move Cyclops to safe place.

- DLC first map - information about that you need use Falagar to break ice wall is not visible. Yes, it is there but it is placed before stack of Kappas and you don't really have a chance to read it, because:
a) Player will target this stack at first place and click Move button and no sail to them tile by tile.
b) Fight is starting before in same time when this message appears
Message trigger is just wrong placed - instead putting it in front of Kappas, it should be placed behind them or near ice wall itself.

- You can't win fight with Thunderbird with Falagar (yes, you can fight that boss wih other hero(es)) - shaman is too weak and default army is created for might hero (and his stats), so magic heroes are really screwed - they can't hit hard enough to quickly kill Thunderbird and mana is running dry very fast.

Grythandril
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grythandril » 05 Aug 2012, 11:15

i have mentioned this on the might &magic heroes vi forum and was wondering if any else has had this problem.

I have patched the game to 1.5.2 and notice on the final campaign.

On the tear campaign i have to choose between kiril or sandro because of the path i chose for them during the last 2 campaigns.

When i start the game with either them they being at Level 1 with no weapons, spells, or special abilities etc against the enemy which is level 25 - 30.

This never happen before the upgraded patches.

And if i choose the blood campaign my blood heroes start with their respected levels and weapons.

I this a new bug?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Aug 2012, 11:42

@Grythandril
It doesn't occurred to me. Notices something else though. When I finished the campaign with Inferno UPlay crashed on me and no points were added.
Now it's the same for all the other heroes which I haven't time to play. So, in the end I will never make it to the last reward.
"We made it!"

Grythandril
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Grythandril » 05 Aug 2012, 12:22

I checked the dynasty table etc and all the heroes i have played in the campaign are at their respected levels.

I cant understand why on the end mini tear campaign they are at level 1.
Does this mean i have to replay the inferno or stronghold campaign again to get these heroes back to the levels to play the final mini tear campaign?

Slayer of Cliffracers
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Slayer of Cliffracers » 06 Aug 2012, 15:12

It doesn't seem the game properly calculates creature growth added by fortifications if those fortifications are already built at the start of the scenario.
Working on tracking the locations of Heroes IV battles. Stage 6 of campaign map finished, all initial Heroes IV campaigns mapped.

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11973

Return to “Heroes V-VI”