Old savegames don't work after patch 1.5?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
JypeFIN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Old savegames don't work after patch 1.5?

Unread postby JypeFIN » 12 Jul 2012, 18:08

Does anyone else have this kind of problem? Game crashes every time when I load unfinished campaign map, no matter which turn etc. save. Problem started after patching.

Znork
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Znork » 12 Jul 2012, 19:15

i hade the smae experiance

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/69 ... patceh-1-5

its a bug
Its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 12 Jul 2012, 20:36

Same here!! What the F***??? F***! The game crashes on trying to load ANY saved game. I have over 50 - none work... :disagree: :disagree:

Vulgarities removed by Kalah.
May the Implosion be with you!

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 13 Jul 2012, 00:56

After Patch 1.5 - The game only works for me if I restart any of the Campaigns from the very beginning. If I try to load a Saved Game I get "Thank you for Playing Might and Magic VI"

JypeFIN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JypeFIN » 13 Jul 2012, 05:46

I noticed it too that I can restart campaign but was hoping that it wasn't necessary.

Datau
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Datau » 13 Jul 2012, 10:03

Before restarting the whole campaign, have you tryied to simply restart the last unlocked mission?
I lost some progress in my 4th orkish mission, but at least I didn't have to start from scratch again.

Datau
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Datau » 13 Jul 2012, 12:11

Scratch whatever I said. There are some imporant news on the Ubi forums.
Ubi_Irina wrote:Hello Heroes,

As promised yesterday, I'm getting back to you with some more information.

To sum up what happened: the patch 1.5 has been released yesterday and many of you could not load your old 1.4 saves back and start playing because of an incompatibility between 1.4 and 1.5 save system that went unnoticed due to a loophole in our test processes. New save created after 1.5 worked fine though. That is why we can already see that some players have already finished the Adventure Pack (well done!)
The dev team has been warned straight away about the issue and have spent the night investigating it. We now know what cause this issue and how to fix it. So, basically to explain you: the patch 1.5 introduced the new content which is perfectly playable. But the old 1.4 saves are not compatible with this new content. Therefore, some players could play if they started new saves but those of you who wanted to go on with old 1.4 saves would just crash.

Now that we know what the issue is about the dev team is working on a hot fix (1.5.1) which should be released today. I’ll keep you informed about the progression.

We have a bad news for you though: while 1.4 compatibility will be restored, we have to drop the 1.5 saves one. 1.5.1 will be compatible with your old 1.4 saves and new saves created with 1.5.1 will work fine. But that means that for those of you who have already start a new campaign after 1.5 release yesterday evening will lose their progression up to now. We advise you to stop playing until we have released 1.5.1 tonight. We would like to avoid this outcome, but we already know that it is not possible due to technical constrains. We are really sorry about this.

Please, keep reassured that our priority right now is the hot fix and that we’ll keep you informed about everything happening in there!
Link: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/69 ... c5a8968730

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 13 Jul 2012, 15:02

Problems right after a huge patch like this is never a good thing, but at least they are working on fixing it straight away and a solution is right around the corner. Good to know that they are doing an effort on the game.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 15 Jul 2012, 12:22

All was fine yesterday, after patch 1.5.1, Today however i can't log in to uplay, i give in my username and password, and it keeps telling me my user/or pass are wrong, but i know there wright... :disagree:
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

JypeFIN
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JypeFIN » 15 Jul 2012, 15:10

Same here, can't login through game but web page works just fine.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Jul 2012, 17:07

Hey, it's U(shall not)Play after all. It works as intended. :P

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 15 Jul 2012, 18:08

It's been like this the whole day here, no notice from Ubi either. I would kind of like to play the game I bought.

edit: Okay, it looks like using your mail adress instead of your user name will sometimes allow you to log in if you restart often enough. Or something. I honestly have no idea. Maybe you need to sacrifice some chicken as well.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 15 Jul 2012, 22:04

Allready tried the first thing, so i might try the chicken part now :D

And btw, if you do by chance manage to log in (and find enough chickens) then there is still the synchronising save games thing that won't work...
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 16 Jul 2012, 06:57

It worked after I restarted the launcher several times. Someone else claims they were able to log in after changing their password to one with less than 14 letters. I think it's completely random.

I could log in with no problems just now, but my saved game from yesterday isn't there. No manual save, no autosaves. Only my old 1.4 saves are there which is weird considering I deleted those after they wouldn't work. Yesterday the old saves weren't there and I had my new saves, today they're gone. I really really hope that's a server issue.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”