Simple Questions Simple Answers thread

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
JagoBC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JagoBC » 12 Apr 2012, 08:10

Can anyone direct me to a starter thread for this game? I've had it for about three or four days and can't make any sense of it at all. Talk about a lack of any sort of meaningful documentation! I've played every heroes game, and this one makes no sense. I was just playing a custom map with all the difficulty and AI set to easy, lost practically no troops on neutral battles, but the first AI Hero I met had slightly more troops and his troops seemed to do twice as much damage (my 7 sun riders hit his 5 sun riders, for instance, and somehow I lost 3 and he lost 1!!!). I've heard that there is some sort of bonuses the troops give each other, but can't find anywhere this is explained. But anyway how do 5 sunriders do 3X as much damage as 7 riders? (His attack stat was 12 and mine was 11, but still it seems whack.)

I'd really appreciate some sort of basic instruction.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 12 Apr 2012, 18:59

JagoBC wrote:Can anyone direct me to a starter thread for this game? I've had it for about three or four days and can't make any sense of it at all. Talk about a lack of any sort of meaningful documentation! I've played every heroes game, and this one makes no sense. I was just playing a custom map with all the difficulty and AI set to easy, lost practically no troops on neutral battles, but the first AI Hero I met had slightly more troops and his troops seemed to do twice as much damage (my 7 sun riders hit his 5 sun riders, for instance, and somehow I lost 3 and he lost 1!!!). I've heard that there is some sort of bonuses the troops give each other, but can't find anywhere this is explained. But anyway how do 5 sunriders do 3X as much damage as 7 riders? (His attack stat was 12 and mine was 11, but still it seems whack.)

I'd really appreciate some sort of basic instruction.
Did you play the Campaigns? If not, please play the 2 Campaign Tutorial missions, then play 4-5 missions of the campaign itself, and then you will be ready for custom maps! :D
Also, maybe you can read the Fan Manual (the one coming with the game is very basic and short).
May the Implosion be with you!

Ztormur77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ztormur77 » 19 Apr 2012, 18:09

One question, for some reason i decided to use another hero than ana for the necromance campaign, now I have finished all the campaigns but cant play the epilogue. Do i have to finish the necromance campaign again now with ana or is this some other way i can play the epilogue? or is that not maybe the problem!

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 20 Apr 2012, 11:38

Is your game fully patched? This was supposed to be fixed with 1.2.

Ztormur77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ztormur77 » 24 Apr 2012, 17:07

lol i forgot to pick my character and then i could play the first mission in the epilogue. but then another question has come up. I have now finished the first mission in the epilogue but it still wont let me play the second map and now i remember to pick the character.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 24 Apr 2012, 17:46

You need at least one Blood hero and one Tears hero to play both epilogues, maybe all your characters were the same alignment?

In that case there's really nothing you can do except replay a campaign.

Ztormur77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ztormur77 » 24 Apr 2012, 19:44

damn that might be it, it felt like it took so long making a blood character when you could so easily raise your tears by letting neutral creatures retreat. Well back to sanctuary since its the easiest campaign

Ztormur77
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ztormur77 » 24 Apr 2012, 19:45

stronghold not sanctuary, sanctuary was actually one of the hardest ones

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 16 Jun 2012, 08:06

Stupid question but I want to be 100% sure - what are native terrians for factions?
From what I observe these are:

Haven - green grass
Inferno - lava
Necropolis - wasteland
Sanctuary - jungle
Stronghold - mix of jungle and rough

Academy - desert

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 17 Jun 2012, 13:29

1) Do Heroism and Mass Heroism stack? Or does one of the two only affect the friendly creatures?

2) Does a fuller Gating meter gate in more creatures? Or is it the same amount, and the amount gated depends on other factors (Gating boosting buildings in towns/etc)?

3) Does Gating gate troops in numbers depending of current or starting troop numbers? I mean, let's say we have 40 doggies and we gate in 10.
Will gating 20 doggies (20 are killed already) gate less?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 17 Jun 2012, 15:45

Naki wrote:1) Do Heroism and Mass Heroism stack? Or does one of the two only affect the friendly creatures?
IIRC only one.
Naki wrote:2) Does a fuller Gating meter gate in more creatures? Or is it the same amount, and the amount gated depends on other factors (Gating boosting buildings in towns/etc)?
Yes. Gate II gives you more troops then Gate I, Gate III more then Gate II and Gate IV gives you max troops which you can acquire.
Naki wrote:3) Does Gating gate troops in numbers depending of current or starting troop numbers? I mean, let's say we have 40 doggies and we gate in 10.
I don't remember right now but I think it depends on current troops numbers.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 17 Jun 2012, 17:32

Avonu wrote:
Naki wrote:1) Do Heroism and Mass Heroism stack? Or does one of the two only affect the friendly creatures?
IIRC only one.
Naki wrote:2) Does a fuller Gating meter gate in more creatures? Or is it the same amount, and the amount gated depends on other factors (Gating boosting buildings in towns/etc)?
Yes. Gate II gives you more troops then Gate I, Gate III more then Gate II and Gate IV gives you max troops which you can acquire.
Naki wrote:3) Does Gating gate troops in numbers depending of current or starting troop numbers? I mean, let's say we have 40 doggies and we gate in 10.
I don't remember right now but I think it depends on current troops numbers.
Thanks for 1 and 3!
How about another question on #2: What if we have 1.3 Gating points, or 2.4? Does that gate more creatures than Gating 1 (1.0 points) or Gating 2 (2.0 points)?

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 18 Jun 2012, 06:27

In my mind, that you have 1.7 or 1.0 point in the gauge will produce the same effect. That is just a deduction based on the design of the game, I might be wrong.

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 25 Jun 2012, 21:32

Something that's been bugging me, in the German cutscenes, the Cleric version of Cate is always called "Geist Cate", which means "Ghost Cate". Is that the same in other languages and if so, does anybody know why? Dragon Knight Cate is simply called Cate.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 03 Jul 2012, 18:27

Another simple question with probably a very simple answer as well ;|

Where are my savegames?

After patching uplay, all my H6 savegames are gone..
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Jul 2012, 21:11

The answer is that offline/online savegames "will be compatible in version 1.5".
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 04 Jul 2012, 05:31

I didn't realize it was that simple.
And here I was worrying about why I could suddenly load my prologue saves from March again (the saves before I turned off online sync).

Might be the new saves are still stored somewhere on my pc, but I couldn't find them.Does anyone know where H6 saves were stored before the patch in Vista?

edit: found a thread on the ubisoft forums that helped me locate the old saves.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/68 ... 271e569982
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 14 Jul 2012, 05:34

I bought the game finally yesterday and I'm still struggling with some issues. I have two question:

Why can't I create a custom hero after I bought the free ones at the Altar of wishes?

How can I change the order in which my dynasty heroes appear?

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Jul 2012, 18:16

Ravenheart87 wrote:Why can't I create a custom hero after I bought the free ones at the Altar of wishes?
I am pretty sure they forgot about custom heroes with all these complain about lack of tavern heroes.
It seems like they fixed lack of normal heroes by cutting custom heroes. :D
Ravenheart87 wrote:How can I change the order in which my dynasty heroes appear?
You can't, not until Ubisoft and Limbic do something about it.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 04 Aug 2012, 13:49

More details:
Only the best bonus will affect creatures. So if you cast Mass Heroism and next Heroism, Heroism will overwrite Mass version, as it has better bonus.
If you cast Heroism first and next Mass version, Mass Heroism will not work no stack with Herosim, as stack already has better bonus.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”