Overnight 1.5.1 Fixes 1.5 Bug

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Jul 2012, 21:26

As soon as the eagerly-awaited patch 1.5 was installed, fans started reporting a game-killing bug: earlier savegames were rendered useless and could not be played. Irina Kassina summed up the situation like <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/69 ... his</b></a>.

Limbic said they had not encountered this bug during their testing, called their guys in and worked through the night to fix it. Running the updater at this point will get you to the "hotfix" version 1.5.1, which is reported to work fine. Old saves from 1.4 will now work, though new saves from the 1.5 version will not. Those are only one day old, though. Kudos to Limbic for the quick fix. I know some developers who would not be so quick...

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1342214775
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Jul 2012, 22:12

I don't know what it says for the future of H-6, and they should never have release 1.5 with that bug, but they deserve praise for their fast reaction to fan reports of the problem. :applause:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Chrambo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Chrambo » 13 Jul 2012, 23:51

I think it's a good sign, comparing this response to the life-span of the earlier patches (1.1-1.4ish). After 1.5 (which included a number of unlisted changes such as Fort screens and a fix to the sound-bug) things are definitely looking up. I really hope they continue to develop the game.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 14 Jul 2012, 01:52

The list of changes is massive in 1.5, it was delivered on time. Quick move on the hotfix. Very good Limbic!

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 14 Jul 2012, 01:54

Within patches always lurking is the danger of new bugs (how poetic of me :p ). They wouldn't release 1.5 if they knew of that bug. However, since they didn't encounter the bug themselves, that would have been impossible. They didn't know of the bug and the hotfix came faster than the speed of light, with regards to the industry standards. I for one feel this shows a sense of responsibility which is refreshing after everything that has been going on for the past year. Excellent patch which addresses a lot of things and adds a whole lot more and a quick response regarding the savegame issue.

jeff

Re: Overnight 1.5.1 Fixes 1.5 Bug

Unread postby jeff » 14 Jul 2012, 15:46

hellegennes wrote:Within patches always lurking is the danger of new bugs (how poetic of me :p ). They wouldn't release 1.5 if they knew of that bug.
I agreed but not checking compatibility with previous saves shows a lack of attention to detail, sorry no good excuse for that. However their quick reaction to fix it was commendable. :)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

MoNoXiDeBlue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MoNoXiDeBlue » 14 Jul 2012, 15:58

Quick move indeed! Don't forget the next in the series... 1.6, 1.6.1.........

When it comes time for the "H6 Complete Edition" they'll need 2 dvd's just for the damn patches...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Jul 2012, 18:08

MoNoXiDeBlue wrote:>>>When it comes time for the "H6 Complete Edition" they'll need 2 dvd's just for the damn patches...
Nope, they wouldn't need 2 DVDs - patches instead of overwriting old and bugged files, create new ones with corrected content but in the end these are still the same files which was in game at it release, just changed here and there inside (excluding new content as maps or town screen of course).
So in the end complete version with unbugged files shouldn't take such much disc space as current patches.
Kalah wrote:Old saves from 1.4 will now work, though new saves from the 1.5 version will not. Those are only one day old, though.
Not only savegames but also any progress in campaigns done after patch 1.5 but before patch 1.5.1. So if you spent all day to complete Crag Hack's campaign you can say it good bye and start again. :P

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 14 Jul 2012, 18:36

> I know some developers who would not be so quick..

Which Hungarian developers are you referring to?

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Jul 2012, 21:22

Avonu wrote:>Nope, they wouldn't need 2 DVDs - patches instead of overwriting old and bugged files, create new ones with corrected content but in the end these are still the same files which was in game at it release, just changed here and there inside (excluding new content as maps or town screen of course).
Heh, I initially read that as "instead of overwriting old and bugged files, create new and bugged files" :D

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Jul 2012, 07:56

That's too. :D
You don't know what patch definition is? "To fix old bugs and create new ones". :devil:

Covenant
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Covenant » 15 Jul 2012, 21:11

And to top everything off just make ubi look fantastic, their uplay thing is down. Keeps asking for a password. Just a few posts on their site about how thrilled people are. :)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 25 Jul 2012, 16:26

GreatEmerald wrote:Kalah, I think that was a spam bot you replied to ;|
Nah, it's not a spambot. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 25 Jul 2012, 19:18

Well, 1 post and a signature with 1-2 words linked to a website reeks of spambots.

Return to “News”