Community Q&A on Youtube

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jul 2012, 17:05

A Community Q&A prepared by <b>Elvin</b> has been posted on <a href="/http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... youtube</a>:

<center><i>"During the press tour Stephan Winter (Managing Director at Limbic Entertainment, developing studio based in Frankfurt, Germany) and Alexis De Becque (Heroes 6 Producer at Ubisoft) spent some time to answer community questions (prepared by Elementalist aka Elvin) about Heroes 6 and its future."</i></center>

This time, the Q&A focuses on <i>gameplay</i>. I find it quite honest, though the answers may not be exactly what you want to hear.

<center><iframe width="450" height="253" src="/http://www.youtube.com/embed/pWj1XVFo9Bw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></center>

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1341594323
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Jul 2012, 17:51

It was not a bad interview, unfortunately I am coming to the conclusion that I may never make any maps in H-6 or beyond; I hope I'm wrong. The graphical demands that the younger fan now expects may force the creation of an editor that will be too complex for me to use. That is not to say I couldn’t figure it out; it’s about the amount of time and effort needed. H-IV spoiled me with its ease, and despite that ease my campaigns take about 2-3 years to complete; so you increase the difficulty of use and, well it just sounds as if I just need to let go and move on. It does sound they are going to make an effort to simplify the editor and perhaps their product will allow enough fans to use it to be a success.
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 Jul 2012, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 06 Jul 2012, 19:35

Text transcription available on the official forum.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 06 Jul 2012, 19:56

Oh Limbic... You have a reputation to protect in this "project". You are the first studio in post-3DO history of Heroes selected by Ubisoft for something else other than being dirt-cheap. I just hope you double (or triple) your rates for Ubisoft. B-)
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

decebalus
Peasant
Peasant

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby decebalus » 06 Jul 2012, 21:41

I realy dont like the quality of questions ... There's alot more interesting things to find out from these guyz ... may be they just selected some of them, I dont know, but questions are realy not fitted for me! at all!

By these questions, Limbic/ubi must be pressed to do what we fans are mostly interested!.....whatever...elvin...
Edited on Fri, Jul 06 2012, 17:41 by decebalus

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 07 Jul 2012, 01:52

I do have to agree with the concerns of the question quality. You can make anyone look bad by asking difficult/unreasonable questions. Honestly, "Are you going to improve the artifact/skill screens?" Those screens are perfectly fine both in function and form. The self-righteous nitpicking needs to stop.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby Pitsu » 07 Jul 2012, 18:16

CloudRiderX wrote:Those screens are perfectly fine both in function and form.
I truly wonder how do you define "functional"?

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby hellegennes » 08 Jul 2012, 08:20

As in "they function".

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Jul 2012, 16:45

THIS IS BULLS*T *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

Blueman
Peasant
Peasant

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby Blueman » 08 Jul 2012, 18:27

What did you expect? CEO & Producer level answers... Let us gather here again once patch 1.9 is released and the game will become fully playable! Or am I being too optimistic?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 08 Jul 2012, 20:33

Blueman wrote:Let us gather here again once patch 1.9 is released
1.9 will be 2.1 first patch of the first expansion. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 08 Jul 2012, 22:13

Blueman wrote:What did you expect? CEO & Producer level answers... Let us gather here again once patch 1.9 is released and the game will become fully playable! Or am I being too optimistic?
Traditionally version 3.0 is the first playable.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby Torur » 09 Jul 2012, 07:57

Meh, sounds like they are saying we'll do our best to do everything you want, which is what they always say.
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
"George S. Patton, Jr."

Pol
Admin
Admin

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby Pol » 09 Jul 2012, 17:25

The right one is having funny hairdo. Apparently they would appreciate at least one more fan.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 10 Jul 2012, 03:03

What more could you really ask for? They told us what their high-level priorities were, what they're doing now, and what they might do later. The trouble is the level of effort needed to turn H6 into a real polished game anytime soon is likely well beyond what they have. It's really hard to make a business case for expending so many resources on a game that's already bought and paid for. Admittedly, they have to do something to ensure a customer base still exists, but I think it makes more financial sense to set their sights on H7.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 10 Jul 2012, 05:54

This.Had.To.Be.Done.One.Year.Ago.

Them.TOP.Questions/Requests/Requirements/Priorities(fromthecommunity).Were.Asked.A.YEAR.Ago.

We got "answers" to them now - a year later.

PLEASE!

MoNoXiDeBlue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Community Q&A on Youtube

Unread postby MoNoXiDeBlue » 10 Jul 2012, 16:32

I'm wondering how large the Limbic team is. If it's only staffed with a handful of people ironing out the wrinkles, it's not suprising there wouldn't be a priority for the adjustment/complete overhaul of the editor.

Return to “News”