Will you buy Pirates of the Savage Sea?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Will you buy it?

No, regardless of price.
32%
No, €10 is too expensive.
16%
Maybe once I hear more about it.
27%
Yes, sounds like fun!
25%

Total votes: 56

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jul 2012, 14:13

I didn't even ARGHHH the original game...
Last edited by ThunderTitan on 04 Jul 2012, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 04 Jul 2012, 14:13

Kalah wrote:Or I could change that motto to "doing their bidding" if you like. ;)
OMG how diplomatic of you
>> Still supporting the series ... <<
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Jul 2012, 14:28

Yurian Stonebow wrote:"Maybe once I hear more about it."

I believe it's always considered a wise decision to actually get to know the details of a product one is about to buy.

-Yurian
Get KB:TL, if you don't own it already. H6 can wait. :)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 04 Jul 2012, 20:22

Kalah wrote:I have the impressions that the devs had their own ideas and discarded most of ours, implementing only small things and leaving such things as town screens out. Only about 5-6 months after release, they started to listen properly. That, coincidentally, is when the game started to really improve.
Does that coincide with the change to Limbic from Black Hole?

Speaking of devs, Paradox Interactive is probably among the most receptive of fan ideas and the patches they release are often loaded with new features instead of being all about fixing old issues. Something Ubisoft + its HoMM devs can learn from.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jul 2012, 21:17

ywhtptgtfo wrote:Does that coincide with the change to Limbic from Black Hole?
Kind of, I think. I'm not sure about the timeline - it's just a feeling. We had lots of suggestions which were simply discarded, but several of these are being implemented now (or have been the last six months).
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MoNoXiDeBlue
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MoNoXiDeBlue » 05 Jul 2012, 05:40

I chose "No, regardless of price." Why? Because I'm a Pirate! Argh!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 05 Jul 2012, 19:39

No, I'm not going to buy "Pirate"s of the Seven Seas. Wink wink nudge nudge. Heroes VI isn't worth my money.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 05 Jul 2012, 20:52

I am going to "borrow it" from a "friend/s)"
On serious note, if they sell for real cheap deal all addons maybe I will buy them. But if they want to cash in for 10 euros on DLC.... Comapny should decide if they are making many cheap DLC's or couple full fledged addons, but not both. It start to smell like H3 chronicles.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Jul 2012, 22:00

With my shoddy Internet connection, I couldn't buy it even if I wanted to.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 12 Jul 2012, 11:09

Some people (who bought from Ubishop) on the official forums are complaining that they have bought Pirates and received their key, but that the campaign doesn't show up in the game.

The solution is that the contents will become available after patch 1.5 is downloaded.

Patch 1.5 launches at 19:00 CET today.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Jul 2012, 14:56

I can and one day I will do, probably, perhaps..
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 12 Jul 2012, 15:25

Well, at least German customers won't experience this problem with pre-patch Pirates. Apparently, the game can only be bought between 10 pm and 6 am to protect children from its horrors.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 12 Jul 2012, 16:44

Kalah wrote:Some people (who bought from Ubishop) on the official forums are complaining that they have bought Pirates and received their key, but that the campaign doesn't show up in the game.

The solution is that the contents will become available after patch 1.5 is downloaded.

I wonder if Ubisoft ever relise that days start at 0:00, not at 19:00.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 12 Jul 2012, 20:39

Avonu wrote:
Kalah wrote:Some people (who bought from Ubishop) on the official forums are complaining that they have bought Pirates and received their key, but that the campaign doesn't show up in the game.

I wonder if Ubisoft ever relise that days start at 0:00, not at 19:00.
How exactly does that matter?? The games crashes on trying to load ANY saved game!! :disagree: :disagree:
EDIT: Problem fixed in version 1.5.1. However, version 1.5.1 can't load 1.5 version save games, it can only load 1.4 and its own save games.
Last edited by Naki on 31 Jul 2012, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
May the Implosion be with you!

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 12 Jul 2012, 21:50

Maybe once I hear more. Little story explaining my choice:

After pretty much quitting the game for a month or two, I reinstalled my PC. This means my installed copy of Heroes 6 was borked and I also had to reinstall the game, something a pall reminded me off when he bought it himself two days ago. After reinstalling the game the launcher told me I had to update it. All fine, as expected. I updated the game, got a green light, went into the game and... got some kind of weird error. After 5 minutes of puzzling I figured out that the Ubisoft updater is stupid and that it had literally only applied one patch and left me thinking the game was completely up to date. I reminded myself that this was why I vouched to never again buy a Ubisoft game.

Cue ten minutes later: I reached a specific update and got the actual Uplay launched. Reminds me vaguely of Steam. I don't need another programme like that, but this is a lot better than the pile of shit I used to have. I check these forums and find out about the expansion. And the town screens in 1.5. Town screens, eh? Looks like Ubi is finally getting their act together. That expansion might be worth the bucks after all...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 14 Jul 2012, 18:51

Did I planned to buy it? No. Did I buy it - yes, but for some other reasons.
Anyway, all content of this DLC is in fact in patch 1.5, so there is no reason to buy, if you know how unpack game files.

Really shame on you Ubisoft, that instead to put DLC as separate file(s) on your servers to download, you put it in patch 1.5, so in theory anyone can play it. Capcom is probably very proud of you. :P

There is no additional download after you put DLC code, so the code only unlock content with already is on your disc.

What is inside this DLC?
Pirates of the Savage Sea campaing with has only 2 missions and Princess of VARN scenario (very large or huge - the largest size).
You get also Crag Hack as dynasty hero, Thunderbird's pet (which add 50 air damage to you hero attacks :P), new menu if you want to change it and additional 1050 tokens to acquire from achievements, which some of them are bugged. :P

Campaign starts with 10 lvl Crag Hack, first map has level cap at 20th level and it ends with boss fight - Thunderbird - but this time, no matter how big your army is, mapmaker decided to allow you fight with only small, predifined army, so it is sort of challange at last.
If there was not long, boring corridor full of neutral elemental with you need to fight on the way to Thunderbird, map maybe will be good but that road was boaring like HV campaigns. :P
Second map starts in Sunken Temple from which you need to escape withonly few units and capture the nearest city. This time your enemies are Naga people ruled by Medusa.

Mozared
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Mozared » 14 Jul 2012, 20:41

It's amazing how quickly Ubisoft can get your mind changed about them for the worse. Yesterday I was all happy about getting back into the game and not being bothered by the savegame bug and ended up playing 3 hours into a new campaign. Today they happily announced they fixed the pre-1.5 bug, which means my savegames from yesterday will no longer load, forcing me to replay 3 hours of my campaign to get anywhere. And keep in mind that I found that out after 30 goddamn minutes of 'savegame synchronization with the cloud' and a failed game launch that got me stuck at the splash screen. So much for 'taking the last two hours of free time before I head on holiday to finish up that one mission'.

All I've ever wanted was to have a breeze playing through all of the campaigns on easy mode. The SINGLE-PLAYER story is literally ALL I WANTED from the game. And so far it's even failed to deliver me that. I am now seriously considering pirating the game even though I have already bought it. How backwards is that? Had I pirated the game in the first place, I would've been able to cheat my way through levels that are too hard for me on easy, I wouldn't have had the dynasty weapon shit that's been occuring since day 1 and I would've been able to just continue my goddamn single-player game right now.

Long story short, this has been the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I've stood by Blizzard through all the complaints, I've stood by BioWare on Mass Effect 3 (even though they're owned by EA, which is saying something), and I've never typed this sentence before, but I've officially decided that I am not buying another Ubisoft game again. This type of bullshit has gone past "they don't deserve my money" into the "they should be giving me money to cope with this" region. I guess you can change one vote from "Maybe once I hear more" to "No, regardless of price".

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 14 Jul 2012, 22:32

Avonu wrote: There is no additional download after you put DLC code, so the code only unlock content with already is on your disc.
That is not all that unusual. Win 7 has all versions available when you buy it, it is the purchase code the unlocks the version you paid for. To upgrade all you need is the code for the upgraded version to unlock it. :D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 15 Jul 2012, 00:45

Yes I'll buy, I'm too addicted not to - but I can't remember having as many teething problems with previous Heroes or Might & Magic games as with Heroes VI.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 15 Jul 2012, 07:58

jeff wrote:
Avonu wrote: There is no additional download after you put DLC code, so the code only unlock content with already is on your disc.
That is not all that unusual. Win 7 has all versions available when you buy it, it is the purchase code the unlocks the version you paid for. To upgrade all you need is the code for the upgraded version to unlock it. :D
Buy you have to first buy any version of Win 7, you don't get it in for example Service Pack.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”