Unread postby Avonu » 23 Jul 2011, 08:17

At least at Poland.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Jul 2011, 18:53

But is it in english?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 25 Jul 2011, 08:34

You can't find it anywhere else but you are asking if it is in English - sarcasm?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Jul 2011, 11:04

Better safe then sorry... publishing games is way too complex even nowadays.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Sep 2011, 18:24

The English version is now available for preorder:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200670/

To be released on October 7. I thought it was out already...
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Sep 2011, 18:29

Angelspit wrote:To be released on October 7. I thought it was out already...
It was... in March... but only in few countries. ;)

This game has many, many, many bugs, doesn't have AI at all :P or any scenario map with Hordes on them but the plot... the plot is superb and I don't think HoMMVI story will be near as good as here and with a twist at end.
Anyway, it is better to wait and to buy full game with all expansions (Mountain Clans are coming in next one).

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Oct 2011, 07:32

I tried the demo of Renaissance on steam the other day... I was disappointed :( It didn't have that certain something that glued me to Disciples 2. I think I liked the simpler combat system in D2 than this whole moving-on-the-battlefield thing. And even easy battles (e.g. fighting the initial pack of good old Wolves) take much longer than in D2. I find that boring.
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 01 Oct 2011, 07:47

I felt the same when I started playing game but after a (really long) while I got used to that. Yes, battles take longer the in D1-2 but with all these "interception" points from melee units and special tiles with bonuses for units it has some tactical adventage over previous games.
But as I said, you need first to get used to this. Also combat with level 1 units in party is not balanced - not enough HP and damage - but when they level up, combat become easier.
Oh, and Werewolves are so unbalanced...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Oct 2011, 08:45

My problem with the battles isn't that they take too long, is that they don't feel like disciples... and they're basically a watered down version of HoMM battles...

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 03 Oct 2011, 11:41

Agreed.
One of the most memorable things in Disciples was precisely the fact that creatures were immobile. That also meant you had to be more careful how you arrange them. I learned it the hard way not to put stuff in the middle front slot unless it had a lot of HP :rofl:
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Oct 2011, 14:40

Man, i hated when i'd mistakenly put a ranged unit in front...

Of course i was for adding limited movement to allow for more tactical options, but i was thinking something along the lines of chess movement...

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 03 Oct 2011, 14:45

Well, for me DI-II combat system is more fun then this from DIII too.
But I wouldn't mind if "move-and-attack" and strategic tiles were introduced in Heroes series same as limited "interception points" for melee units.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 15 Mar 2012, 20:25

Had the pleasure.

Unfortunately, Google Translate will be perhaps the only for reading this around here.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 02 Jul 2012, 20:02

Well, I finally saw the game in store for $9.95, so I took the leap. D1 & 2 were so good, will I be in for disappointment?

I have not installed it yet, since I just moved to a new house last weekend and it's been more about unpacking than gaming. I have not played "any" game in about a year.

To save me from 27 pages of forum reading, can I have the good and bad in a nutshell?

..I should also see if the thing will run well; I know they added all that 3D crap. (I speak in ignorance; for now)

EDIT:
"Can you run it" says everything passes by quite a bit!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Jul 2012, 17:27

I had trouble understanding the combat back when i first tried it (neutrals levels seems so off)... but that was many a patches ago...

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 03 Jul 2012, 17:30

Variol wrote:Well, I finally saw the game in store for $9.95, so I took the leap. D1 & 2 were so good, will I be in for disappointment?

I have not installed it yet, since I just moved to a new house last weekend and it's been more about unpacking than gaming. I have not played "any" game in about a year.

To save me from 27 pages of forum reading, can I have the good and bad in a nutshell?

..I should also see if the thing will run well; I know they added all that 3D crap. (I speak in ignorance; for now)

EDIT:
"Can you run it" says everything passes by quite a bit!
The good: basic Disciples formula is intact. You buid structures in your capitol, and can recruit the units from any owned town. Control points/towns spread your influence. You no longer have rod-bearers, but rather there are specific locations where you can claim and place a guardian, which gains strength over time. Units gain levels, even if the next tier structure is not built. Once you build the upgrade, then they get their promotion.

The different: battles are now fully tactical- each unit has movement / combat / initiative on a hex-grid (as opposed to the old "3 units front, 3 back" format, with no tactics beyond the setup). Heroes now progress on a skill grid, rather than just getting a few choices for abilities. You don't have to wonder "when will I get ability X" - you can aim for it from the start, and know how many levels you will need to get there.

The bad: the game still has the problem that if you lose your main hero late in the game, unless you manage to recover him/her, you are unlikely to be able to recover.
Matthew Charlap -353 HoMM map reviews and counting...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 04 Jul 2012, 00:44

Thanks!

Can you still save/export the heros and use them in other scenarios? And, how good are the campaigns?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 04 Jul 2012, 05:15

I don't remember even trying to export heroes, don't think it is even posibble or needed, because aside from the campaigns there are no other maps in general (perhaps they are few now).

Not sure if you have Resurrection or Renneissance, but I will put this link again. As far as I read it - it is readable with google translate (bulgarian to english). It has info and about abilities and stuff. Overall I really enjoyed the game and think if it was released without the inormous amount of bugs would be a hit amogst the turn based games players.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 07 Jul 2012, 19:21

parcaleste wrote:I don't remember even trying to export heroes, don't think it is even posibble or needed, because aside from the campaigns there are no other maps in general (perhaps they are few now).

Not sure if you have Resurrection or Renneissance, but I will put this link again. As far as I read it - it is readable with google translate (bulgarian to english). It has info and about abilities and stuff. Overall I really enjoyed the game and think if it was released without the inormous amount of bugs would be a hit amogst the turn based games players.
Really? No stand alone maps? Is there a RMG? And will game game automatically look for updates during the install? I've still been too busy with moving in, to install the game.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 08 Jul 2012, 05:47

There are two or three in Resurrection. I am not sure about Reneissance, but at the time when I played it - it didn't had even one.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”