Complete history of Ashan - HUGE SPOILERS!!!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 25 Jan 2009, 15:07

Avonu wrote:But there is a error
In search of power (not dated)

Mal–Beleth is murdered by Kha-Beleth…
This scenerio is after HV - when Kha-Beleth dissapear (and wasn't dead - mistake in scenario descripion).
Also Mal-Baleth from Ubisoft lore is probably Kha-Beleth (another misspelling?).
Oh, and you lacked some info from scenario description/objectives - there are also sometimes important texts.
Well at first, I was confused by this map, but this is the only logical sollution I could find.. And the description of infernal city of Ur-Vesphaal is kind of a proof for me :).

Ur-Vesphaal is the former demon capital, first the residence and later the mausoleum of the current sovereign’s predecessor. When the sovereign killed him and moved the seat of power away, Ur-Vesphaal was slowly taken over by what was left of the competing army -- succubae. Now it’s their town.

I have read somevhere that Mal-Beleth is misspeling too. If it is true, then the first Demon Sovereigns name is unknown, or it was Kha-Beleth too, and present-day Kha-Beleth has taken his position along with his name :devil:

About the info from objectives - I omitted some info, but only that case if I described it in the text. It is possible that I forget to add something, please, post me what is missing, and I will complete it.

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 25 Jan 2009, 15:24

Corlagon wrote:I don't have much to add here, but many kudos for the really impressive amount of work you've done here in transcribing all these dialogues and finding the Chronicles of Ashan. It helps an awful lot in trying to understand the mess that is Heroes V's storyline. :tsup:
Yes, the storyline is complete mess :) - how Isabel fallen in love with Raelag and why did she travelled with him to Yg-Chall? WHat hapenned to Raelag in the East, and why did he not found Sareth, he had some twenty years for it?
And how is it possible that Biara is, well just Everytime-Everywhere?? :-D

But it is still better than chaos in previous HOMAM/MM games (dating of some parts of HOMAM Chronicles, Ethric (one in MM VI - first lich on the world, killed by adventurers), another one as Sandros tutor) and that part about Jabarkas - in SOD is said, that he is step-Brother of Ethric (Sandros tutor) and that Sandro some time ago abducted his daughter (he said that she was beautifull - daughter of an ogre 8| :-D ) and raped her :S)

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 25 Jan 2009, 15:25

DM section is now complete, waiting for another HOMAM game :-)
Anyone knows anything about HOMAM VI? :devil:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Jan 2009, 15:49

Not much is known, only that there will be a new developer and not Nival. More details and probably some news in the future in here
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Jan 2009, 16:04

Cabal wrote:I have read somevhere that Mal-Beleth is misspeling too. If it is true, then the first Demon Sovereigns name is unknown, or it was Kha-Beleth too, and present-day Kha-Beleth has taken his position along with his name :devil:
Before Kha-Beleth six demon lords (twissted mirrors of elemental dragons) reign demon race but they vanished in 564 YSD.
Maybe one of them named as Sovereign?
Kha-Beleth corrupt Sal-Sazzar in 48 YSD but there is no info about that if he was then Sovereign or some high/low rank demon.

Anyway if I find anything (I have to install FoH first and I simply don't have mood for this game ;P) I post it.

BTW - Why I have filling that I read many of this info somewhere else (and I don't mind Ubisoft newsletters or official info)? :P

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Jan 2009, 16:09

Avonu wrote:Anyway if I find anything (I have to install FoH first
Farmers of Hate? :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Jan 2009, 16:21

:D

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 25 Jan 2009, 17:13

But it is still better than chaos in previous HOMAM/MM games (dating of some parts of HOMAM Chronicles, Ethric (one in MM VI - first lich on the world, killed by adventurers), another one as Sandros tutor)
Well, just cut out the weirdoes in Shadow of Death and there's no problem :D

The Heroes Chronicles mostly have approximate dates, CotD is the only one with a "confusing" timeline.

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 25 Jan 2009, 19:04

Avonu wrote:
Cabal wrote:I have read somevhere that Mal-Beleth is misspeling too. If it is true, then the first Demon Sovereigns name is unknown, or it was Kha-Beleth too, and present-day Kha-Beleth has taken his position along with his name :devil:
Before Kha-Beleth six demon lords (twissted mirrors of elemental dragons) reign demon race but they vanished in 564 YSD.
Maybe one of them named as Sovereign?
Kha-Beleth corrupt Sal-Sazzar in 48 YSD but there is no info about that if he was then Sovereign or some high/low rank demon.

Anyway if I find anything (I have to install FoH first and I simply don't have mood for this game ;P) I post it.

BTW - Why I have filling that I read many of this info somewhere else (and I don't mind Ubisoft newsletters or official info)? :P
Never said that I made it all ;) Well, I dont know if the section about fractions IS canon, same about the Mythic age. I have just collected what I can, updated timeline with mission from HV and FoH :devil: and ToE, and extracted text from games (bloody work 8|). And I must agree - plot is quite weak (Agrael - Raelag, unbelievable decisions of Isabel and so on.. What I enjoyed was Markal - great voice acting and his cynical humour :).

Yes, HOMAM II is not the greatest for its story (2 brothers fighting for the throne, quite original), but the atmosphere!! And MM VI, where you can explore Enroth just after that war, great! Dark Messiah was hack and slash (well, mostly kick on that spikes, which were everywhere just for this reason :D) I pray for another MM game (not IX!!!) and another heroes, maybe in Ashan, but with better storyline... But still, I just MUST completed the Ashan storyline, and dont ask me why :devil:

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 25 Jan 2009, 19:17

Corlagon wrote:
But it is still better than chaos in previous HOMAM/MM games (dating of some parts of HOMAM Chronicles, Ethric (one in MM VI - first lich on the world, killed by adventurers), another one as Sandros tutor)
Well, just cut out the weirdoes in Shadow of Death and there's no problem :D

The Heroes Chronicles mostly have approximate dates, CotD is the only one with a "confusing" timeline.
Yes, there is no other way than to ignore some stuff. CotD - I alway thought it hapenned just before Sword of Frost 8|

One last two thingies haunts my mind, and I want to ask you, Great Loremaster (I mean it - no irony sir!) - what about this ??

Herald's Boots (from MM VIII)

(Speed + 30, Swift, Immunity to Sleep) When Jerico Ironfist secured the throne in the First War of Enrothian Succession, he sent forth heralds to spread the news. They were given pairs of these boots so the news would be spread quickly and thus soonest end widespread civil unrest.

First War of Enrothian Succession - war between Morglin Ironfist, Lamanda, Lord Slayer and Alamar? Morglin was Jerico too? Or is it possible that there is longer time period between Morglin and Roland + Archibald (in which there was First War of Enrothian Succession?) Is somewhere really confirmed that R+A are sons of Morglin?

And second thig - fate of Catherine, Roland and Archibald... (I know - all dead, but can it be confirmed?)

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 29 Jan 2009, 09:43

Cabal wrote:First War of Enrothian Succession - war between Morglin Ironfist, Lamanda, Lord Slayer and Alamar?
It seems yes.
Cabal wrote:Morglin was Jerico too? Or is it possible that there is longer time period between Morglin and Roland + Archibald (in which there was First War of Enrothian Succession?) Is somewhere really confirmed that R+A are sons of Morglin?
It is his another name or just typo (someone forgot about Ironfist name when creating MM8 ;) ) but there isn't a chance for another Ironfist between Morglin and Roland reigns:
Info from NWC's HoMM2 site wrote:Having crushed his enemies, consolidated his power base and eliminated dissent at the end of Heroes of Might and Magic, Lord Ironfist settled down to rule the land of Enroth. After 25 years of peace, the land is again thrust into turmoil. Lord Ironfist is dead and the ensuing struggle for power between his sons, Archibald and Roland, has led to a state of civil war. Players must choose sides and gather their armies as they use all of their strategic wit and tactics to join in the battle for domination of the lands.
Lord Ironfist from HoMM1 was named Morglin in H1 manual, as you probably know.

Cabal wrote:And second thig - fate of Catherine, Roland and Archibald... (I know - all dead, but can it be confirmed?)
Nothing is known about them - if they are dead or not. We don't even know if they returned to Enroth after MM8 events. Nicolai in MM9 says nothing about this.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 16 Mar 2009, 19:19

Admins and Mods.

Sticky this thread for christ sakes! Dont let this masterpiece drown into oblivion.

Wonderful piece of work, Cabal.

Děkuje.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 01 Apr 2009, 15:58

Very impressive indeed Cabal! Kudos for doing that!

RiccElijah
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RiccElijah » 04 Apr 2009, 14:43

Can I ask a huge favor??
would it be possible to cite the references?? (even if is only in the format of "chapter name: Game->campaign->map")
From my understanding H5 (+ expansions) storyline (or campaigns) are all out of chronological order..
I'm not so good as to remember all these names and I play H5 over a long period of time..

thanks

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 10 Apr 2009, 07:16

RiccElijah wrote:Can I ask a huge favor??
would it be possible to cite the references?? (even if is only in the format of "chapter name: Game->campaign->map")
From my understanding H5 (+ expansions) storyline (or campaigns) are all out of chronological order..
I'm not so good as to remember all these names and I play H5 over a long period of time..

thanks
Well - The mythic age is from age of heroes - http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/ - and, I said before, Im not sure if it IS canon or not, but it fits well..
Timeline is from official MM site + details are from HOMAM special - magazine about MM and HOMAM History (Czech Republic only :-) - but same timeline details are on age of heroes. Rest of the timeline and campaign texts are from game itself - campaigns and historical single scenarios - extracted text from game. Some stuff is written by myself; just for explanation or connection; mostly in Dark Messiah part...
Some Events from campaigns or maps happened just about the same time; but it is noted in text... Just read it and ask me about anything! ;)

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 30 Jun 2009, 06:08

Well, how about to make this thread sticky, please oh please pretty please admins and moderators? Do not let this true history of Ashan fade to darkness of the Void!! :)

Cabal
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Cabal » 29 Jun 2012, 06:30

Anyone interested in making the history of Heroes VI and Clash of heroes?

markkur
Demon
Demon

WoW

Unread postby markkur » 30 Jun 2012, 15:44

Well, how about to make this thread sticky, please oh please pretty please admins and moderators? Do not let this true history of Ashan fade to darkness of the Void!!
Agreed! <imho> It should have been long ago. because everything is together in one thread.

Awesome job Cabal.

Sligneris
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sligneris » 06 Mar 2015, 21:34

There are some major mistakes in the script:
Zehir: Oh Biaraaaa. It's payback time.
This line is spoken by Raelag
Godric: Duncan... has been arrested for treason-
This line is spoken by Freyda
Leanna: Enough! Let the work begun by the Seventh Dragon be finished, here today, by my hand.
This line is spoken by Sareth
In their place, the name of Mal-Beleth, the new demon sovereign, appears. [...] Mal–Beleth is murdered by Kha-Beleth… [...] Some proof of the death of Mal-beleth: Ur-Vesphaal is the former demon capital...
Mal-Beleth never existed in Ashan, it was just early version of Kha-Beleth's name. Kha-Beleth replaced the Six Demon Overlords by himself, there wasn't any single Demon Sovereign besides him. He even has the armors of the Demon Overlords as trophies in his palace, you know.

This scenario doesn't mention anyone's death even in its dialogues - it's just the description... Also, town biographies from Heroes V are hardly the most decisive canon.
As I see it – Isabel had enough and was completely tired and burned out (she lost Nicolai and then damned his soul by her pact with Markal, then she break down and Markal started bloody war, all because of her weakness – and then Biara captured her, Kha-Beleth raped her and she gave him a child – Dark Messiah – after a few days of magically accelerated pregnancy). She just want to forget all this madness and rest for a while – and here was Raelag, who love her and just wanted to protect her!. They most probably travelled for some time together (Yg Chall is near Griffin Empire) so they talked and after some time, she started to like him and want to spend some time with him.

Isabel told Godric to go back to Griffin Empire alone, and that she will come later, after some rest with Raelag . Godric started his long way to the Griffin Empire, Isabel and Raelag reached Yg Chall – Raelag left his armies and disappeared with Isabel to his secret home.

On the way, some demonic cultist have stolen from him Heart of the Griffin (Isabel most likely gave it to him to take it back to Hall of Heroes), which was used to bring Biara back on Ashan (how???). She masked herself as Isabel, told Godric that she has changed her mind, and they travelled together back to to Griffin Empire…

From official story – Chronicles of Ashan - The Demon Sovereign, the Prophecy of Sar-Shazzar, and the Dark Messiah

By Jeff Spock, Writer, and Erwan Le Breton, World Coordinator

King Alexei's soul is stolen (well – Heart of the Griffin, stolen from Godric who is on his way back to Empire, I think) and in 971 YSD (Just after end of HOMAM V) its power is used to bring a succubus to Ashan; a succubus named Biara who arrives at a moment when she can take the place of the true Isabel (As I see it, she just came to Godric and told him that she has done her part with Raelag) The real queen remains lost in the wastes of Sheogh with her protector, Raelag... (Sheogh?? Zehir teleported them all to Silver Cities!! –They are in Yg-Chall!!)
Not exactly - the Isabel rescued from Sheogh, taken to the Silver Cities and then, to the Griffin Empire was Biara all along - the real Isabel remained in Sheogh and Raelag, realizing that Isabel was replaced, returned there in order to get her back. It was lengthy process, which is why they made it to the Griffin Empire so late.

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Complete history of Ashan - HUGE SPOILERS!!!

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 08 Mar 2017, 19:17

Holy snapping bananas, thanks for the info.
I was looking for the zip(?) file to install in the campaign folder.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”