GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 03 May 2012, 03:00

tolich wrote:Isn't the Divine Intervention spell books not supposed to drop at all, instead being the reward for the Obelisk quest?
The spell book Divine Intervention drops I remember looting it in a chest one time as a random spawn under Free Haven (Free Haven Sewers) and I have seen it drop from a level 6 drop a few times but never Dark Containment. I wonder if it might be like bows in MM4-5 where the the game's internal check doesn't include bows in the drop mechanics.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 03 May 2012, 07:56

IIRC, both DI and DC cannot be ever found until you open Obelisk's chest. Then they can, but the chance is low.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Saving Glitch

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 25 May 2012, 12:23

I loaded MM6.exe and moved and then saved, reloaded, my old save was still there... this seems to be a new v1.11.1 Bug Grayface. (Win Xp x86)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Saving Glitch

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 May 2012, 00:33

Rune_Caster wrote:I loaded MM6.exe and moved and then saved, reloaded, my old save was still there... this seems to be a new v1.11.1 Bug Grayface. (Win Xp x86)
It does seem so. My father experienced this problem in MM7 and MM8 with last versions of my patches, there it actually shows an error message when trying to save. This is good :) This means I can find it, because symptomat
Rune_Caster wrote:pin the mm6.exe to the start menu in Win Xp
What do you mean by that? And I thought patch-less version always asks for CD.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 26 May 2012, 04:44

GrayFace wrote:What do you mean by that?

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 26 May 2012, 15:10

Rune_Caster wrote:
tolich wrote:Isn't the Divine Intervention spell books not supposed to drop at all, instead being the reward for the Obelisk quest?
I have seen it drop from a level 6 drop a few times but never Dark Containment.
This is my experience as well.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 26 May 2012, 15:57

Was it experienced before opening the Obelisks' Chest, or after? ;)

Arret
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Arret » 27 May 2012, 04:07

After, when I get extra DI books they are from the circus vendor. I have never gotten Dark Containment though. This makes sense though as even in game certain NPCs make reference to Dark Containment as something that is unknown but that the guilds are all trying to get a hold of. They do not make the same type of comment when an NPC talks about Diving Intervention.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 27 May 2012, 11:19

Arret wrote:Certain NPCs make reference to Dark Containment as something that is unknown but that the guilds are all trying to get a hold of.
There was the quest to find Dark Containment Scroll. Perhaps it was not completely removed. I think, there's a quest bit that still prevents player from obtaining this book when Obelisk's quest is already completed.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Jun 2012, 03:42

tolich wrote:
I don't have that item in menu.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 14 Jun 2012, 07:36

Rune_Caster wrote:If you pin the mm6.exe to the start menu in Win Xp, the game asks for you to insert the MM6 disk.
Try create a shortcut to mm6.exe and pin this shortcut instead of executable itself.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 23 Jun 2012, 03:51

Just discovered a bug, probably a 3DO bug.

Your base stats before item bonuses are limited to 255. After that, no matter how many barrels you drink from, or how many times you visit the proper shrines during the proper months, your base stat will NEVER go beyond 255.

I opened a save game editor next to a speed barrel, and gave myself 256 base speed, and drank from the barrel. Despite the text saying I had gained 1 speed I actually LOST speed, with my base speed being set back to 255 again.

Seeing as you benefit from stat gains up to 500 this really sucks.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 23 Jun 2012, 04:22

ShadowLiberal wrote:I opened a save game editor next to a speed barrel, and gave myself 256 base speed, and drank from the barrel. Despite the text saying I had gained 1 speed I actually LOST speed, with my base speed being set back to 255 again.
Don't do that than. It's not a bug, it's a feature.
ShadowLiberal wrote:probably a 3DO bug.
How did 3do make bugs in the software which they didn' t even make? NWC, you mean.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Jun 2012, 06:46

Looks indeed intentional. Something like:

Code: Select all

int AddStrength(int Amount)
{
    return min(Strength+Amount, 255);
}

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 23 Jun 2012, 19:56

Did some more playing around, this time with a deck of fate, those AREN'T limited to 255 base stats, it's only an issue with barrels.

I raised my speed up to 9999 in a save game editor, and used a deck of fate during a speed gain month, and I gained 2 speed.

Looks to me it looks like this started out intentional (with a 255 max value for every stat, or 9 binary #'s for each), but then the size of the integer got increased but the barrel code wasn't updated.
Don't do that than. It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Yes I COULD just not do that, but that would be rather annoying keeping track by hand what my base stats should be and fixing it in a save game editor every dungeon. I figured if it was a simple fix and I posted it here someone might eventually fix it. But if not that's ok.
Last edited by ShadowLiberal on 23 Jun 2012, 23:25, edited 1 time in total.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 23 Jun 2012, 21:01

Well, that's a good point, then. If there are legitimate ways to add to base stats over 255, then it's probably a bug in barrel coding. It would then seem like the barrel code is something like:

Strength = min(AddStrength(1), 255);

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Aug 2012, 04:27

Version 1.11.2
[-] Finger Of Death spell didn't give experience for killed monsters.
[-] My bug: Dead monsters could sometimes move in version 1.11.
[-] My bug: [Disable] section of mm6.ini was ignored.

radagast82
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby radagast82 » 26 Aug 2012, 11:53

GrayFace wrote:Version 1.11.2
[-] Finger Of Death spell didn't give experience for killed monsters.
[-] My bug: Dead monsters could sometimes move in version 1.11.
[-] My bug: [Disable] section of mm6.ini was ignored.
Nice to see you are still improving those great patches for m&m series. :)

Some possible small bugs I've noted:

1. Having too may save game slots (around 40+) with Win7 64 bit and quicksave option enabled, crashes the game on loading any of the save games. Memory issue or something and makes the game unplayable unless files are moved.
Confirmed: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/41610-mi ... /579617688

2. Playmp3 option from ini file generally works ok, but I think that it some times messes up the sound FX a bit. It doesn't always happen but when it does it can become a bit annoying it becomes laggy just like a damaged audio disc.

3. Bog of Tuenola: When I arrived by foot and got the curse, I instantly got the Personality bonus from the shrine without having to visit it (march shrine). Also, every few minutes or hours in game in that area, the game tries to give a party member the bonus again but fails since it's a one time bonus. (I still see a random party member "pray at the shrine" and doing hooray for the bonus at random intervals.) A bit funny isn't it. I hope it doesn't happen on other areas/shrines as well, will keep looking out for it, it does make my life easier but feels like cheating nonetheless. Edited: Damn it's happening in other areas as well... I think I need a reinstall..

4. Also : (not sure if it's part of the patch)
Is it natural that all the Haunts, Apparitions, Banshees etc have no clickable corpses when they die? They can be seen on map with wizard eye, but the corpses are invisible and can't be looted.
Last edited by radagast82 on 30 Aug 2012, 10:04, edited 3 times in total.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 27 Aug 2012, 00:34

I run Win XP and the quick save is creating havoc. It works ok but at one moment (could be 10 seconds after game load or 10 minutes, no idea why) it refuses to save, quick save is deleted, and any attempt to save in normal slots will not work anymore (I save, then is still old). At this moment, the only option I have is to reload an old save.

At first I was not sure if it is the compatibility or other the problem, but when I stopped quick saving, all went ok.

To solve this problem probably we would need some plugin which stores all attempts to save and gives a diagnostic. I can't say for sure why and when it happens.

Shinok
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Shinok » 27 Aug 2012, 06:00

GrayFace wrote:
tolich wrote:
I don't have that item in menu.
HOW TO ADD PIN button to contex menu
http://unlockforus.blogspot.sk/2007/11/ ... start.html

You can create empty file and paste this to make it simplier:
eg.
AddPINMenu.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}]
This way i could PIN shortcuts and folders by holding "Shift + Right Click". but not files

I found my Windows xp in Virtual PC already has PIN menu. (Probably because of windows updates). The reg key was:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{0BCE32B2-DA1B-41D7-A71F-C02A7D633CE5}]
This key allowed add shortcuts and files by holding "Shift + Right Click" (some files eg. exe files doesnt require hold shift), but not folders

So i added both keys:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{0BCE32B2-DA1B-41D7-A71F-C02A7D633CE5}]
Now i can PIN shortcuts, files and folder by holding "Shift + Right Click"

RemovePINMenu.reg

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8}]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\{0BCE32B2-DA1B-41D7-A71F-C02A7D633CE5}]
This will remove {a2a9545d-a0c2-42b4-9708-a0b2badd77c8} and {0BCE32B2-DA1B-41D7-A71F-C02A7D633CE5} from ContextMenuHandlers

Return to “Might and Magic”