Will you buy Pirates of the Savage Sea?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Will you buy it?

No, regardless of price.
32%
No, €10 is too expensive.
16%
Maybe once I hear more about it.
27%
Yes, sounds like fun!
25%

Total votes: 56

icesensemadness
Peasant
Peasant

Re: "No, regardless of price."

Unread postby icesensemadness » 21 Jun 2012, 16:51

Please read my post again. You are putting words there that i never said.

"Until Ubisoft stops trying to screw me" I meant the DRM trash, nothing more. No fraud, no loss of life/house or whatever. No mention of fraud or whatever.

Where in my post was the mention of "fraud"? I never typed the word 'fraud' nor implied it.

Post edited as it violated forum rules. Be warned: personal attacks are not tolerated.
- Kalah
“You see, when I was a kid, they used to tell me that I could be anything I wanted to be. No matter what. And maybe I am insane, I don't know, but I still believe that.”
- from The Astronaut Farmer (2006)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Jun 2012, 18:45

Let's put so cold water on this, vulgarity no matter how disguised is not appropriate or welcome on this forum. :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 21 Jun 2012, 19:25

If the definition of troll, for you, is "one who dares question your opinion and debates with real arguments and careful explanation", then yes, I am a troll.

Moreover, you should probably read more carefully before you hotheadedly reply, because I am replying to the guy who read your comment about screwing to mean "fraud". It's up there in the quoted text. Read it again.

Clearly, a troll is not a person whose opinion you don't like.

Finally, judging from your comments about penises I understand you are no more than 15 years old, so I'm going to refrain from further engaging in conversation.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Jun 2012, 19:57

jeff wrote:Let's put so cold water on this, vulgarity no matter how disguised is not appropriate or welcome on this forum. :disagree:
Cold water duly added. Please behave nicely, everybody.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 21 Jun 2012, 21:02

I think we should all buy the expansion... or else why are we here for? :D

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Jun 2012, 21:05

maltz wrote:... or else why are we here for? :D
"Criticizing Might & Magic producers"?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 21 Jun 2012, 22:32

parcaleste wrote:
As noted on the topic of each forum page,
Criticizing Might & Magic producers since 2005 :-D

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 21 Jun 2012, 23:01

Or I could change that motto to "doing their bidding" if you like. ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

icesensemadness
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby icesensemadness » 22 Jun 2012, 03:09

cleaning up
Last edited by icesensemadness on 19 Mar 2015, 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
“You see, when I was a kid, they used to tell me that I could be anything I wanted to be. No matter what. And maybe I am insane, I don't know, but I still believe that.”
- from The Astronaut Farmer (2006)

Torur
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Torur » 22 Jun 2012, 09:42

Well, as I've stated several times already, I won't be buying this DLC. Ubi have made an effort to "reinvent", "rejouvinate" or whatever they call it, the HoMM franchise and in my opinion they have failed. A swing and a miss.
For me its time to move on, and maybe take a look back when/if expansions have made the game more playable. And seeing as CIV5's expansion Gods & Kings in coming out today, I'am going to get all my cravings for TBS covered and waste my time elsewhere.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 22 Jun 2012, 16:19

parcaleste wrote:
How about reliving the glory days of 3DO before it went bankrupt/started going downhill in quality of games they released?

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 22 Jun 2012, 19:05

Hm... I might be too naive but can't the fan site do something "productively constructive"?
Like periodically submit realistic ideas to the producers.
For example, we can make a list where we would like to see the game to improve or add.
Then we designate a month for people to vote up or down each item (reasoning required).
At the end we pick the top 10 items and pass it to the producers.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 22 Jun 2012, 21:56

Well, Maltz, the community -which includes this site and its fora- already does this, posting suggestions regularly, especially after announcements of new titles. Some suggestions make their way into the games and some don't. Usually producers and designers have fair ideas of their own before they move on to a project. Right now, there's a bunch of gameplay changes that are scheduled to turn up in the following patches and they're attributed to constructive criticism by the community.

Having said that, if Pirates does only include what has already been revealed, I won't be buying it. I believe 10€ is a lot for such a small add-on. Maybe I'll change my mind, though, if more content is scheduled for it.
Last edited by hellegennes on 22 Jun 2012, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 22 Jun 2012, 21:56

maltz wrote:Like periodically submit realistic ideas to the producers.
For example, we can make a list where we would like to see the game to improve or add.
While not exactly like you describe, but CH has collected and submitted numerous ideas to UBI for both H-V and VI, how much good it did is for everyone to judge. With H-V my opinion is it didn't do much and UBI admitted to being over whelmed by the amount of input. So it is a nice idea but certainly not new.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 23 Jun 2012, 09:35

I have the impressions that the devs had their own ideas and discarded most of ours, implementing only small things and leaving such things as town screens out. Only about 5-6 months after release, they started to listen properly. That, coincidentally, is when the game started to really improve.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 23 Jun 2012, 11:30

About the new content in Pirates of Savage Sea:

[q="Elvin posted June 23, 2012 11:22 AM at HC"]Barbarian/pirate actually :D No new neutral that I know of but you just might get a neutral dwelling. There is some new content like new traits/achievements/multiplayer heroes/a boss/a dynasty weapon/a new artifact set but I don't know much on the specifics. [/q]
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 23 Jun 2012, 14:15

maltz wrote:Hm... I might be too naive but can't the fan site do something "productively constructive"?
Like periodically submit realistic ideas to the producers.
For example, we can make a list...
List No. 2 354 454?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 23 Jun 2012, 15:41

Kalah wrote:I have the impressions that the devs had their own ideas and discarded most of ours, implementing only small things and leaving such things as town screens out. Only about 5-6 months after release, they started to listen properly. That, coincidentally, is when the game started to really improve.
UBI has consistantly ignored the fact that since the advent of good user friendly editors (not just the campaign editor); they are the lifeblood of keeping fan interest long after the initial release; greatly extending the life of the product. :disagree: Now they become a priority (maybe) long after the release and when fan interest has waned to the point an editor may not be able to save it; particularly with the editors they have released.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 23 Jun 2012, 20:05

jeff wrote:
Kalah wrote:I have the impressions that the devs had their own ideas and discarded most of ours, implementing only small things and leaving such things as town screens out. Only about 5-6 months after release, they started to listen properly. That, coincidentally, is when the game started to really improve.
UBI has consistantly ignored the fact that since the advent of good user friendly editors (not just the campaign editor); they are the lifeblood of keeping fan interest long after the initial release; greatly extending the life of the product. :disagree: Now they become a priority (maybe) long after the release and when fan interest has waned to the point an editor may not be able to save it; particularly with the editors they have released.
To a bunch of upper management people making the decision that kind of long term thinking doesn't make fiscal sense to them.

You pay $50 or whatever for the game, and that's it, you don't pay them anymore for it. It doesn't matter how often or little you play the game after that.

It often doesn't occur to those people that the more years later fans are still playing games they made the more interest there'll be in sequels, and other games they produce, and the longer the original game will still be on stores shelfs (heck, I STILL see some Starcraft 1 bundle packs in store, even though the original came out in 1998, which was 14 years ago).

If you look at too many businesses, you find a lot of them tend to be very short sighted unfortunately, that's part of why the great recession happened in the first place, greed for big short term gains.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 04 Jul 2012, 11:39

"Maybe once I hear more about it."

I believe it's always considered a wise decision to actually get to know the details of a product one is about to buy.

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”