Will you buy Pirates of the Savage Sea?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Will you buy it?

No, regardless of price.
32%
No, €10 is too expensive.
16%
Maybe once I hear more about it.
27%
Yes, sounds like fun!
25%

Total votes: 56

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Will you buy Pirates of the Savage Sea?

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Jun 2012, 17:48

Please select.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

mordredrs
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Will you buy Pirates of the Savage Sea?

Unread postby mordredrs » 18 Jun 2012, 18:17

Kalah wrote:Please select.
"Maybe once I hear more about it."

I'd like to promote HoMM, but i'd like to know what i am buying...
"Beware of spellcasters with bats as familiars. It means they have regular need to be abroad at night."

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Jun 2012, 18:38

You should have had the choice maybe once the game itself is fixed or has the features I (you) want. Buying this when I currently am not buying the basic game isn't really a choice. 8|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

icesensemadness
Peasant
Peasant

"No, regardless of price."

Unread postby icesensemadness » 18 Jun 2012, 18:41

I didn't buy the original out of principle, luckily my friends don't have 'principles' or 'standards' :devious: so i was able to play it in their computers. I'm glad i didn't buy it, h6 has been a huge disappointment. One dude even tried to sell his copy to me after a week!

All i can say is until Ubisoft stops trying to screw me, i won't be buying any of their games anymore. For God's sake I bought all HommV titles and all King's bounty the Legend/Armored Princess/Crossworlds titles to the point of redundancy!

I was their 'ideal' customer but i'm not buying their crap as long as they keep trying to shove drm down their customer's throats.

B-)

Just my input, not trying to preach or whatever.
“You see, when I was a kid, they used to tell me that I could be anything I wanted to be. No matter what. And maybe I am insane, I don't know, but I still believe that.”
- from The Astronaut Farmer (2006)

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 18 Jun 2012, 18:58

I typically get those free of charge.

On a more serious note .. when I see some goodwill from ubisoft, such as removing the conflux entirely and integrating it with steam only, fixing what's broken before chugging DLC, I might consider spending money for their cause.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Jun 2012, 19:26

Pirates are nah th' kind o' scallywags ye can jus' buy, matey.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 18 Jun 2012, 22:33

Angelspit wrote:Pirates are nah th' kind o' scallywags ye can jus' buy, matey.
Well, our anti-piracy bill has just passed today: http://boingboing.net/2012/06/18/canada ... -crap.html

lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 19 Jun 2012, 04:02

"Maybe once I hear more about it."

Bundle sounds interesting. I'll probably get it if they throw in a few neutrals. As long as it's more than a map pack with a new hero.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 19 Jun 2012, 05:34

Because the game is a pile of wank.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Re: "No, regardless of price."

Unread postby Ryder » 19 Jun 2012, 05:36

icesensemadness wrote:All i can say is until Ubisoft stops trying to screw me, i won't be buying any of their games anymore. For God's sake I bought all HommV titles and all King's bounty the Legend/Armored Princess/Crossworlds titles to the point of redundancy!
What has Kings Bounty got to do with Ubisoft?

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 19 Jun 2012, 08:01

I find it insulting that they are even trying to sell me something like that.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 19 Jun 2012, 10:39

"Maybe once I hear more about it"

It's not likely (especially since I haven't actually finished H6) but I'd be lying if I say I won't even consider it.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Loco Blutaxt
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Loco Blutaxt » 19 Jun 2012, 15:03

I voted "Yes, sounds like fun!" but then I realised that most probably it will be only downloadable content. Amazon.de does not list the "Addon".
So you can count one down at "Yes, sounds like fun!" and one up at "No, regardless of the price."
That's not my Heroes anymore.
The times they are a changin'... :(
If you're a German speaking fanboy of the Heroes series also visit Drachenwald

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 19 Jun 2012, 18:58

icesensemadness wrote: All i can say is until Ubisoft stops trying to screw me, i won't be buying any of their games anymore.
You are so right. Bad Ubisoft tries to screw you. You've obviously paid them a large amount of money to produce a new Heroes game and they didn't deliver. They took away your money, your time, your car, your house, your job and left you in a dumpster.

Just because you don't like a game, that doesn't mean the company that made it tries to screw you over. They barely have knowledge of your existence let alone care to have intercourse with you against your will. They don't even request your money without your permission.

So, how exactly are they screwing you? Do they have an obligation to provide you with games that you like?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 19 Jun 2012, 19:41

Not an idea at the moment. Not on my toplist. I may come to it later when it undercome 3.33€ border. :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 19 Jun 2012, 22:50

hellegennes wrote:
icesensemadness wrote: All i can say is until Ubisoft stops trying to screw me, i won't be buying any of their games anymore.
You are so right. Bad Ubisoft tries to screw you. You've obviously paid them a large amount of money to produce a new Heroes game and they didn't deliver. They took away your money, your time, your car, your house, your job and left you in a dumpster.

Just because you don't like a game, that doesn't mean the company that made it tries to screw you over. They barely have knowledge of your existence let alone care to have intercourse with you against your will. They don't even request your money without your permission.

So, how exactly are they screwing you? Do they have an obligation to provide you with games that you like?
Do you know the definition of "fraud"? I'll help:
1. A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
2. A piece of trickery; a trick.
a. One that defrauds; a cheat.
b. One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.
Ubisoft uses the words "Heroes" and "Might and Magic" that bring so many of us good memories of great quality games to deliberately get our money, while not being honest about the sub-par product they try to shove down our throats. So yeah, Ubisoft tries to screw you, me and everybody that falls for their trickery.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 19 Jun 2012, 23:24

LOL! If you really believe that, bring a lawsuit against Ubisoft for fraud and see if you can win any money.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

ShadowLiberal
Golem
Golem

Unread postby ShadowLiberal » 20 Jun 2012, 00:51

I still haven't installed the base game from all the bad stuff I've heard about the DRM, so no, I won't be buying this expansion.

Unless by buying you mean someone in my family giving it to me for a birthday/Christmas gift, like how I got the base Heroes 6 in the first place.

icesensemadness
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby icesensemadness » 20 Jun 2012, 02:51

Ryder wrote:
icesensemadness wrote:All i can say is until Ubisoft stops trying to screw me, i won't be buying any of their games anymore. For God's sake I bought all HommV titles and all King's bounty the Legend/Armored Princess/Crossworlds titles to the point of redundancy!
What has Kings Bounty got to do with Ubisoft?
Oh, right, duuuhhh slipped my mind. 1c Company, how could i forget that? Thanks Man.
“You see, when I was a kid, they used to tell me that I could be anything I wanted to be. No matter what. And maybe I am insane, I don't know, but I still believe that.”
- from The Astronaut Farmer (2006)

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 20 Jun 2012, 04:50

SoRHunter wrote: Do you know the definition of "fraud"? I'll help:
1. A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
2. A piece of trickery; a trick.
a. One that defrauds; a cheat.
b. One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.
Ubisoft uses the words "Heroes" and "Might and Magic" that bring so many of us good memories of great quality games to deliberately get our money, while not being honest about the sub-par product they try to shove down our throats. So yeah, Ubisoft tries to screw you, me and everybody that falls for their trickery.
Thank you so much for the definition of fraud. It must have taken seer amounts of copious research to google "definition of fraud".

However, despite your zealous efforts, I still don't understand how can someone believe he was the victim of a fraud, if he didn't buy the game or if he wasn't living under a rock. In the videogaming industry, there are tons of methods to help you decide if you like a game: reviews, demos and so on. Moreover, unless you are a complete idiot, you won't expect a game to be to your liking just because it has the same series title. It's like expecting all bunches of apples you buy to be of the same quality just because you like apples. Even so, the guy complaining about fraud did not buy the game at all. So where's the fraud for which he has fallen?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”