Perfect battles

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ironJosh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Perfect battles

Unread postby ironJosh » 03 May 2012, 10:42

Hey guy's, I just finished playing the necropolis campaign and was acing most battles with no losses by using regenerate, life drain & reinforcements. I am having a hard time trying to win with no losses during the haven campaign (on hard). I am currently reading the walkthrough on this website by maltz, who refers to winning a perfect match often. I'm having lots of trouble, so I wanted to ask you peeps what your strategy is for having no loss battles with haven, and your skills/spells and how/when you use them in a battle. I'm going to try might & blood for Anton. Thanks in advance! :D

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 03 May 2012, 11:20

For the most part I turtle with archers like this.

P P x
H A x
xxxxx

P = pretorian, H = sister, A = archer
x marks the end of the map.

Later I add griffins in the other corer to prevent them from getting owned by piercing shot. Use them to battle dive and attack with them when you have guardian angel. Use reinforcements and flawless assault on your archers, early in the campaign storm arrows might be good as well.

Later you can add other useful abilities, such as heal, rush and heroic charge.
Good skills are reinforcements and cleave, ramage and archery 3.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

ironJosh
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ironJosh » 03 May 2012, 11:32

So you recommend I get tactics first? What order would you get other abilities?

Also, I can't use guardian angel on my griffins, is this a bug?

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 04 May 2012, 08:39

Yeah tactics is a must for haven. And good to have in general. You can use it when you have guardian 2, you need to be level 5 (if I recall correctly) and the gauge should be filled enough.
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

Ell1e
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ell1e » 04 May 2012, 09:25

If you're playing with dynasty weapons, one thing mentioned quite often in the walkthroughs is Arachne (from Necropolis 1) at lv 3, since it gives all your units an automatic Life Drain.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 04 May 2012, 10:34

How to take no losses from neutrals with Haven:

1. Build up strong amounts of Crossbowmen.
2. Use your Sisters and Vestals.
3. Tempt your foes with whatever unit they like to attack (you can tell which unit the AI likes most from other fights, such as which their ranged units attack). Against melee foes bait them to run after that stack, and then Guardian Angel it. Against ranged foes have that stack take all the damage, and then regenerate them with Sisters. Use Reinforcements on that stack, unless you are confident your Sisters can handle any casualties.

Your stacks under Guardian Angel can absorb retaliation for free, so make use of that. You definitely want Tactics. Rush can push your units next to ranged stacks so they can't shoot, which also tends to make them absorb all the damage for easy Sister action. Split your Sister stack if you have to.

That's about it; flawless victories against neutrals should be easily possible with Haven.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 May 2012, 13:43

Yes, it's a good approach if you have built up some forces - early on is more difficult. Also, if the enemy has chain lightning or other weapons spreading damage around, you need to split your vestals into several stacks.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 04 May 2012, 15:37

Haven's racial ability negates the damage received from counterattack, and it heals on a high level. So as Haven you won't take a lot of damage in the first place.

And there are sisters...

Arachne was actually bugged - it gave far more than 15% lifedrain when the warlkthrough was made, and I was (edit: sorry dropped a keyword) NOT even aware of it until much later. At 15% lifedrain it is still a very good Dynasty Weapon. :-D
Last edited by maltz on 08 May 2012, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 04 May 2012, 16:57

Maltz, you mean the Arachne bug has been solved?

Did not get it to level 3 yet. I was not really motivated anyway to play with this bug.

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 08 May 2012, 16:23

Since so many people scream about the bug, my guess it has been fixed. But if it is not fixed yet, I am not very surprised :|

Return to “Heroes V-VI”