Troop Comparison Chart

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby Campaigner » 24 Apr 2006, 22:43

lvl 1. Sprite: No retaliation, flying, fast speed, high initiative and spellcaster. The perfect lvl 1 creature..?

lvl 2. Blood Fury: Very powerful elite prostitute with its great speed and initiative and high damage

lvl 3. Master Hunter: Very powerful shooter with double shot

vl 4. ArchMage: No Range Penalty, Railgun and spellcaster. Is there anything to add to a powerful offensive creature..?

lvl 5. ArchLich: Area attack, spellcaster. That's good enough

lvl 6. Paladin: Great speed, jousting bonus, solid stats. Mr charge himself.

lvl 7. Titan

Why haven't anyone said that you can't use the tag creating symbols to other things than tags...? Now you have to delete my two other comments under this one :p
Edited on Mon, Apr 24 2006, 16:45 by Campaigner

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby Sir Charles » 25 Apr 2006, 02:58

First off, you're welcome guys. Glad you like it. I'm still planning on re-doing the recap sections as some of that text is from the old version and it's out of date (notice the comment on the sprites and wasp swarm *grin*)

As for the Black Dragon vs. Emerald Dragon debate, let me say this...first off, don't forget about the fact that there's no precious resource required to buy Emerald Dragons whereas Blackies need 2 sulfur. AND while Blackies are indeed immune to magic, they're also immune to Resurrection. Emerald's are NOT. :O) THAT's why I rate them better than the Black Dragons.

As for the Titans, yep...I'm seriously hoping that we see some stat changes by the time the final game comes out. As well as with the Shadow Matriarch & the Bone/Spectral Dragon. And of course I'd like to see several changes to some abilities...most notably the Devil, Colossus, Wight & Spectral Dragon.

As for favorite creatures? I guess I *didn't* really post that in the recap section, so here goes....

Level 1: Master Gremlin (ability to resurrect Steel Golems is fantastic)

Level 2: Archer (while not powerful, I love the scatter shot visually)

Level 3: Spectre (incorporeal and resurrection based on mana steal...just unique)

Level 4: Grim Raider (tough call...but the uniqueness of the lizard bite gets the edge)

Level 5: Archlich (no doubt...visually stunning, and the range attack is simply gorgeous)

Level 6: Pit Lord (while not the best unit, by far, it's one of the most unique. Excellent visual design)

Level 7: Spectral Dragon (the misty quality just looks fantastic on high resolution...sure, the unit sucks...but what the heck)

It's a shame the Emerald Dragon didn't come out looking as nice as the concept art for it did. I was so hyped up looking forward to seeing the final in-game render of that unit after seeing the concept art. Oh well...if that's my biggest complaint in terms of graphics...this is gonna be one HECK of a game. :O)
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 25 Apr 2006, 04:45

Removing the incorporeal ability from wights and spectral dragons was a very bad idea.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 25 Apr 2006, 06:02

I agree with you on that one.

Level 1: Skeleton Archer

Level 2: Marksman

Level 3: Cerebus

Level 4: Imperial Gryphon

Level 5: ArchLich... forgot about that unit.

Level 6: Wraith

Level 7: ArchAngel
Edited on Tue, Apr 25 2006, 00:32 by Omega_Destroyer
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 25 Apr 2006, 06:44

Here are my favourite units (I mean just which I like most, not which I consider strongest!):

1. Gremlin / Master Gremlin
2. Stone Gorgoyle / Obsidian Gorgoyle (it's just that I like their funny look so much - I know I'm quite alone in this view ;))
3. Ghost / Spectre
4. Vampire / Vampire Lord (although I like Succubi either)
5. Lich / Archlich (for their cool animations, especially in hand-to-hand fight)
6. Wight / Wright (just love the Nazgulish-powerful look of them ;))
7. Colossus / Titan (with the Devil / Arch Devil being the runner-up)

By the way: I also think Titan is too weak. In a duel between single upgraded level 7 units he wins only against Spectral Dragon, while being the most expensive unit in the game. Shooting does not give advantage, when speaking of units of such level, where every unit can cross the whole battlefield in one move (in case of dragons this ends with two enemy unit stacks being smashed mos of the times).
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 25 Apr 2006, 06:55

DaemianLucifer wrote:Removing the incorporeal ability from wights and spectral dragons was a very bad idea.
Quite the opposite. I would have hated Necropolis if I'd have to pass a 50% chance just to hit their freaking top level units. The ghosts are bad enough as it is. But those units haven't had incorporeal for a long time, so it's no last-minute change.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 25 Apr 2006, 07:05

According to "No range penalty" ability in case of Titans: there's a bug in the chart - Titans have standard "No melee penalty". Just look here.
Cheers,
Boromir

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby admira99 » 25 Apr 2006, 09:56

1: Skeletons/Skel. Archers (4 digits skeleton 'archer'? nuff word)

2: Stone Gargoyle/Obsidian Gargoyle (Imune to almost all destructive spells)

3: Helly/Cerberus (Very Vestile, and of course no retaliation)

4: Imperial Griff. (Battle Dive, just love them so much)

5: Lich/Arch Lich (I like their attitude ^^)

6: Cavalier/Paladin (Vestile with the highest Initiative in lvl 6 disposal, love em so much)

7: Emerald Dragon (Love 'em, their artwork, their appearance, their ability just simply all of their attributes. Very well balanced)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby Orfinn » 25 Apr 2006, 10:58

@Boromir

Thanks for pointing that out, ok Titans have no MELEE penalty but would it be unbalanced if he also got no range penalty?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2006, 11:31

@Boromir:

I did notice that on the creature ability chart on the Genie's Lamp Titan was under "No Melee Penalty".

10x for confirming it with an ingame shot.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby Sir Charles » 25 Apr 2006, 13:22

Oops, I made a mistake eh? I'll fix it. Sorry guys.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby Boromir » 25 Apr 2006, 13:47

Orfinn wrote:(...)Titans have no MELEE penalty but would it be unbalanced if he also got no range penalty?
No, I think it would be cool, but, sadly, they don't have such an ability. :(
ThunderTitan wrote:10x for confirming it with an ingame shot.
No prob. ;)
Cheers,
Boromir

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2006, 13:51

Sir Charles wrote:Oops, I made a mistake eh? I'll fix it. Sorry guys.
It's better then it actualy being true...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

joeldubuc
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby joeldubuc » 25 Apr 2006, 15:17

I think the chart could be enhanced. We could add 3 columns for each creature, adding the total cost of a creature for a week (ie Gremlins would be 20 growth times 20 gold for a total of 440 gold / week). Another one could be the total Health Point weekly for a creature (Gremlin = 20 growth times 5 HP for a total of 100 HP weekly). Another could be the total average damage weekly (Gremlin would be 1,5 times 20 for a total of 30). I've made the chart and we can see some creature that may seems weak versus others one on one, but once growth is taken into consideration, the final result may be surprinsing!

Anthriel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Troop Comparison Chart

Unread postby Anthriel » 25 Apr 2006, 17:07

With 15% Necromancy and below average troops on most levels, for the first time in the Heroes series, the Necropolis might be the weakest town.

If it weren't for Raise Dead, I wouldn't see any hope for them at all. I still hate depending on a the 50% chance that it turns up in my Mage Guild though.
Edited on Tue, Apr 25 2006, 11:12 by Anthriel

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2006, 17:47

Well there is an ability that raises a portion of ur own troops after combat. Will have to wait and see how that works.

Return to “News”