Patch 1.3 Launches, Black Hole Replaced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Apr 2012, 16:28

There is a post on the <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/66 ... ">official forum</a> saying that patch 1.3 will be live tonight.

It also confirms what some have suspected already: Black Hole Entertainment are no longer working with <i>Heroes VI</i>. The German company <b>Limbic Entertainment</b> have taken over.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1334680098
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 17 Apr 2012, 16:59

Sure sounds to me like Black Hole was fired. It'd be interesting to hear Ubisoft's side of that story, but I don't think that's very likely to happen.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 17 Apr 2012, 17:17

I find it quite funny that Limbic is now working on a series in limbo.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 17 Apr 2012, 18:41

Limbic Entertainment..... hehe it's good to know that our beloved Heroes are in the hands of a developer with so much exp...... in pony simulators..... LOL!

Ubisoft are tacking the piss.....

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 17 Apr 2012, 18:58

This also means that our beautiful rendition "UbiHole" is gone ... What do we pose in its place? Ubic? SoftLimb? :D
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

hellegennes
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby hellegennes » 17 Apr 2012, 19:22

Well, right now the situation feels very Ubmb and it's getting worse.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Apr 2012, 20:17

"Ubimic"

The Limbic studio is really micro. Doesn't feel right for possible H6 future.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 17 Apr 2012, 20:31

Just for the record, while Limbic has mostly worked on casual stuff lately, they are all veterans from Sunflowers and worked on games such as the Anno series, Technomage, ParaWorld....
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 17 Apr 2012, 22:12

Hey, Marzhin, would you please share your thoughts (in few words) about the current Black Hole/Ubi situation? You do not sound pretty good...

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 17 Apr 2012, 23:18

>Hey, Marzhin, would you please share your thoughts (in few words) about the current Black Hole/Ubi situation? You do not sound pretty good...

I'd be surprised if he would, since he's largely been keeping his mouth shut for the past little while (for good reasons).

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 18 Apr 2012, 01:01

Ubisoft must be full of old colonialists kind of people. We bankrupt you then we fire you... Sounds a bit like we steal you then we give you a little dictator. XD

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 18 Apr 2012, 01:09

Anno series, Technomage, ParaWorld....

Havent heard of any of them. The future of Heroes is grim. I still can't bring myself to play the piece of crap.

Marzhin, can you, as a Heroes fan and veteran, admit the changes you helped bring to the game were wrong and were not in the best interest of the brand name that is Heroes of Might and Magic?

My opinion counts for little but it is what it is and I think H6 is the worst Heroes game ever released.

No Mage Guilds meaning that spells were skills - Fail

Ability to change towns from one to another - Fail

Area control for mines - Fail

Sanctuary Town - Feck me!!! Give me the Forge - Fail

etc etc

Thank feck for Katauri Interactive.

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 18 Apr 2012, 02:42

> Marzhin, can you, as a Heroes fan and veteran, admit the changes you helped bring to the game were wrong and were not in the best interest of the brand name that is Heroes of Might and Magic?

Well... let's not point fingers yet. We still don't know his role in the game's development yet. He seemed to have joined quite late into the developmental phase and we kinda know Marzhin makes better games than that...

>My opinion counts for little but it is what it is and I think H6 is the worst Heroes game ever released.

That's an understatement. It's probably the worst Heroes game released for a while and probably the worst sequel ever made... trumping even Ultima IX, KOTOR II, and NWN II by many leagues in every single developmental aspect.

>Sanctuary Town - Feck me!!! Give me the Forge - Fail

Sanctuary town was okay... although we squinty-eyed Chinese players are offended by the heavy Japanese theme. The entirety of Chinese mythology in that town resides within the names of the Sanctuary heroes and that strange land-walking Kirin.
Edited on Tue, Apr 17 2012, 22:46 by ywhtptgtfo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Apr 2012, 07:01

Limbsoft of course, you noobz...

>KOTOR II, and NWN II by many leagues in every single developmental aspect.

What's wrong with NWN2? Even the vanilla campaign had better story then NWN1 (besides Hordes, which tied imo). And when i played (after many patches) it wasn't very buggy at all.

And KotOR 2 has bugged as hell, but so was #1, and it had a better story until the end when they obviously rushed it... but until the jedi meeting thing it was golden.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 18 Apr 2012, 07:21

>What's wrong with NWN2? Even the vanilla campaign had better story then NWN1 (besides Hordes, which tied imo). And when i played (after many patches) it wasn't very buggy at all.

NWN1 looked more epic than NWN2 (which has a stupid cartoony feel) and its UI was soooooo much better. The whole "King of Shadow" plot thing is crap. The NPC's are crap. I'd much rather play through a game with minimal narrative like NWN1.

>And KotOR 2 has bugged as hell, but so was #1, and it had a better story until the end when they obviously rushed it... but until the jedi meeting thing it was golden.

Which basically means the story sucked at the moment it's supposed to explain everything and tie up the loose ends. You know... that spell Kreia used to kill all those Jedi was cool, but then it made me wonder why she didn't use it on her fellow Sith Lords in the first place. Also... everyone in that game's as gullible as a brain-dead American living under the bible belt and ripe to be manipulated by that very subtle and completely innocent-looking old lady.

dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby dark raider » 18 Apr 2012, 11:57

I have mixed feelings about this news...will the graphics change i wonder...

But must say that if marzhin is right i think it might be ok for limbic to take over.....the anno series is actually pretty good and nice graphics to..might get a heroes that goes toward a more "realistic" graphic than this cartoon we have now... but hope they wont change the story now and that the dark elves will still come in the expansion. Love Raelaeg.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 18 Apr 2012, 12:56

Being only a freelancer and not having participated in any business decisions, it’s not my place to comment about the current relationship between Ubi and BH. What I can say, however, is to keep in mind any “insider account” of what happened is necessarily biased. I know some of the things I read on the forums are quite different than my own memories of the events. So everything that is said should always be taken with a big grain of salt, or three.

Regarding the arguably controversial changes brought by H6, I can only speak on a conceptual level since I was not involved in the actual implementation, programming, etc. I do believe these changes were interesting on paper. To keep any game series alive you have to try new things – sometimes these things work, sometimes they don’t. In the end, there are areas where I am disappointed by how things turned out, and areas where I am proud of the work we did, both in Ubi and with Black Hole. In any case I take my share of responsibility for both the game’s flaws and qualities, and learnt a lot of valuable lessons along the way (we all did). I do not think, however, that Heroes VI is a “disaster”, as some of the most hardcore fans like to say, and I don’t think it is beyond repair either.
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 18 Apr 2012, 13:09

If I might say something, for what it's worth - if you are going to blame a certain individual within Ubisoft or Black Hole for Heroes VI's severe problems, don't pin that blame on Marzhin. Out of all the people currently associated with the Might and Magic franchise on an official level, he is the only one I am willing to trust, and I know he is personally doing his best to make something good out of it.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 18 Apr 2012, 13:24

I am not putting a blame on him, was just asking about his point of view.

Marzhin, I do believe that the most of this "hardcore" Heroes fans are calling the game "disaster" because it was released half-finished (at best) and the patching took AGES, while the people (like me) moved (or even returned to HV) on different things to do and completely forgot about that the "MM:H VI" exists. :hoo:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Apr 2012, 13:49

After much nagging from yours truly, we have also gotten some direct download links this time around: :)

Czech/Hungarian
Western Europe
Same - digital
Korean
Polish
Russian
Same - digital

Return to “News”