MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jan 2010, 11:17

Version 1.1.1 is ready for download
Some bugs are fixed, some new features are introduced.

Games saved with previous MMExtension versions aren't compatible!
This isn't a big problem though. If you load such a game, you'll see an error and no Lua variables would be loaded. All things the game normally saves would be ok.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 13 Apr 2010, 14:53

Version 1.2 is released
Now it supports MM8.
All links are at http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/mmextension
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Igristus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Igristus » 21 Oct 2010, 07:57

Grayface can you make a tutorial how to write more advanced scripts than "Hello world" :) ? I mean for example script which will add two monster groups attacking each other (goblins and swordsmans on Emerald Island) or which will make some objects moveable ( I see there is a velocity attribute in structs.MapObject). It will be cool to add some dynamics in M&M maps.

By the way are you still working on that project? :)

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Super Goober » 01 Nov 2010, 00:10

Greyface, can you post a tutorial on how to make the MM6 Reanimate Spell make the targets attack enemies? Is such a thing possible right now?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Nov 2010, 05:14

Super Goober, nope. It is possible to make a monster friendly to you, but monsters can't attack each other in MM6. Currently there's also no way to do some action when such spell is cast.
I've got some examples and a new MMExt version for upload.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Feb 2011, 18:37

Version 1.3 is up. Among other changes now it lets you edit some things in TXT tables. For example, you can edit various attributes of classes.

Duke Pending
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Duke Pending » 12 Apr 2012, 16:13

Is it worse to necro or to make a new thread for a topic that already exists? Either way I suppose I would have violated forums etiquette, but at least this way it's not adding another thread. In any case, please forgive this necro post, but I was hoping someone could help a complete newb when it comes to Might&Magic modding. (I am somewhat familiar with lua though, which is why I was interested in trying this.)

How do I actually install this? Obviously it's not as simple as moving the folders into the directory. I did extract all the .txt files since it said on GrayFace's site that it would require those. I have no idea how to get this working though. It's probably simpler than I think it is, and I have this terrible feeling I'm going to be embarrassed. Still, I would appreciate any assistance. I am hoping to use it to try making some edits work.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Apr 2012, 17:44

You did the right thing by posting here.
Duke Pending wrote:How do I actually install this? Obviously it's not as simple as moving the folders into the directory.
Actually it is, and you must have my patch installed too. The .txt files you've extracted would be useful as a reference and you can modify them and put into DataFiles folder to be used by the game.

I have a new version of MMExt ready for release BTW. I'll put it up soon.

Duke Pending
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Duke Pending » 16 Apr 2012, 19:24

Aha, that's what I was missing. Thank you very much. You know, I had wondered how this was implemented into the games. I should have assumed it had to do with your patch.

Holloweyee
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Holloweyee » 10 Aug 2012, 18:59

I tried some and this is so awesome!

How would I do the following? (please give code examples)

1) How to run a method when a user use a item?

2) How to run a method when a user press a specific key?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Aug 2012, 04:09

Version 1.4 is here!
A notable addition is ability to make quests dialogs and set up NPC greetings easily. I have a few examples of quests, but they aren't very representative.

MM8 Choose Party scripts
Now you can choose your party on start or solo dragon for example.

Everything is here: https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm/mmextension

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Aug 2012, 04:18

Holloweyee wrote:1) How to run a method when a user use a item?
There's no event for that yet.
Holloweyee wrote:2) How to run a method when a user press a specific key?

Code: Select all

Keys[const.Keys.F2] = function()
	Message("F2")
end

Richter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Richter » 08 Sep 2012, 00:43

Sorry to res this if it's old.

Encountered a problem, however.

At the part where you need the troll in your party to further the main story quest, the one who saw the lake of fire event.

Only problem is, when I remove someone in fully premade party, they vanish forever. Never even appear in the adventurers inn.

Bit of a breaker there.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Sep 2012, 01:32

Thanks! I forgot to set them the "hired" bit. Open the console with Ctrl+F1, copy this script there and press Ctrl+Enter to execute:

Code: Select all

for _, pl in Party.PlayersIndexes do
	if pl > 0 then
		Party.QBits[399 + pl] = true
	end
end
Then close the console by pressing Esc key.

Richter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Richter » 09 Sep 2012, 02:48

Thanks GrayFace! That did the trick!

Weird thing was, however, that the RED dragon would go to the inn if I gave him the boot. No one else though. Not sure what made him so special.

This was before applying that bit of code, though. Now everyone works.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Sep 2012, 09:38

Richter wrote:Weird thing was, however, that the RED dragon would go to the inn if I gave him the boot. No one else though. Not sure what made him so special.
The 2nd and the 3rd players override the hirelings present in the tavern at start normally. So, they are hired.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 09 Sep 2012, 12:19

uuuh, I'm glad I poked my head in!

It would really be nice to start MM8 with a dragon ago solo; or even modify some of the other classes slightly. I have found that there are only a few classes which I like to solo, because the others do not have ID item for example.

Could some tell me the path to extract file to? Or do I unpack to desktop and run an exe file?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 09 Sep 2012, 13:26

Extract MMExt into the game folder, then run the installer from MM8 Party archive. (I'm gonna include MMExt with the next version of MM8 Party to make things simpler)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 09 Sep 2012, 22:03

GrayFace wrote:Extract MMExt into the game folder, then run the installer from MM8 Party archive. (I'm gonna include MMExt with the next version of MM8 Party to make things simpler)
Sorry to sound like a dummy, but that's doesn't make any sense to me.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Sep 2012, 03:42

Which part? :)

Return to “Might and Magic”