Might and Magic Warlords?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Might and Magic Warlords?

Unread postby the beavers1 » 12 Apr 2012, 05:54

I have found this site that had a section about a MM Mod that is supposed to combine MM7 & HoMM3. Does anyone know if it is still under work? dead? or just put off for now? It sounds Like an interesting Idea, but As is you would need lots of programmers, artists, ect. that Are fans of the games and have the time to work on them, So I doubt it will finish but Hopefully It will.
I found it here:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/might-magic-warlords

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 14 Apr 2012, 06:21

Largely cancelled:
Project has been placed on hold until such time as we have ough staff to complete the project

We are also on about completly scraping this mod and using the concept for a full game rather than a mod Obviously there will be then no references to might and magic and in turn it will become its own game set in a different world

Keep posted on our homepage and forums for more information
Too bad, since those models would have come very much in handy... Why do people usually forget to opensource their cancelled projects...

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 14 Apr 2012, 07:27

GreatEmerald wrote:Largely cancelled:
Project has been placed on hold until such time as we have ough staff to complete the project

We are also on about completly scraping this mod and using the concept for a full game rather than a mod Obviously there will be then no references to might and magic and in turn it will become its own game set in a different world

Keep posted on our homepage and forums for more information
Too bad, since those models would have come very much in handy... Why do people usually forget to opensource their cancelled projects...
Yes I bet it would have been a great help for current and future projects im sure )= in about 4-8 years hopefully I will be able to help make might and magic games after I get a degree in Computer Science, Gaming art and what not so that I can help program or even do some art modeling/sprite making.

DrakeBD
Big Nose
Big Nose

Unread postby DrakeBD » 16 Apr 2012, 09:23

I still have all the models and i am a fan of opensource work the trouble is noone ever asked me for any of the models as im sure if needed we would allow use of them in other mods or games.

the idea is still very much in my mind but current techonolgy does not allow the kind of army sizes i invisioned for this project im sure one day it will be resurrected at least the concept.

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 16 Apr 2012, 09:45

I mostly remember this project from their map of Antagarich done in thse style of HoMM3 global campaign maps :) Although some of the marked locations were inaccurately placed (like Phynaxia) or fanon.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 16 Apr 2012, 13:38

Well, put them up for download, then! Of course nobody asks for assets while it's still in the making, but once it's done or cancelled, then they come very much in handy!

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 16 Apr 2012, 15:25

Nice map, but some locations are marked incorrectly: Harmondale should be more to the northwest, Phynaxia south of Harmondale (in northern Grainrich region) and Barrow downs more to the north. I'm also not sure why they decided to put the Nameless Land (the region where the World Tree and the Sparkling Bridge from the respective HC chapters are located) into Eeofol. There wasn't any mention of a desert there. .

There's also a number of fanon locations, which were probably to be featuren in the game. Corlagon may know more about them, I heard he participated in the making of this map.

All in all, the official map of Erathia from MM7 is the more accurate (and canonical) one, while this is the more detailed one.
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Return to “Might and Magic”